Unlimited access >

2021: Sports Bra Redux

Yes, for lack of a better term you are up there and locked in. The bra does not have an underwire but does not need it, the banding and bra material is very substantial. I liken it to a firmer memory foam if that makes any sense.

1 Like

Because I saw this post, I went looking again for the Champion bra I like so much and voila! some are now available, so I ordered a few. Haven’t found anything else I like as much. They are low in stock on champion.com but HerRoom seems to have more. Details:
https://www.herroom.com/champion-b1525-motion-control-front-zip-sports-bra.shtml

I also like my Knix, but like the Champion better.

1 Like

I think this article is written by AliCat. It may help someone figure out a good fit.

https://www.chronofhorse.com/article/5-tips-for-a-better-fitting-bra?fbclid=IwAR2ajVwinqQzBqxKyOIgLvcRHgkwumkMz6WbzMOPFSP0KQWGV9eBgpnq67E

I really like the ones at Uplifted Lingerie. They are supportive but not overwhelming. I’m a full B to C. I always wish they had pockets between the bra cups. If you are an A or B and just need something to cover up and avoid sway, there are lot of options available. But, if you are even a little bit busty and need support w/o feeling like you are being choked, go with Wilson, Under Armour, Moving Comfort and Champion. Nike, Sucony, NB extc., tend to focus on the athletic build.

My parents live near one of the UA outlets, so I tend to stop there occasionally when I visit. I really like all the sports bras I’ve gotten from them, in several different styles. I tend to be visiting around holidays, so outlet prices + holiday sales mean they’re not ridiculous expensive. I’m a 36C so not an especially unusual size, though.

I watched a video of me at a show this past weekend and couldn’t believe how much bouncing was going on. I don’t “feel” or notice the bouncing when I’m riding and it doesn’t cause any pain but yeesh. I wear an Enell but I also have a SheFit I am trying again. I have found anything other than these isn’t enough.

The trouble I am having is that when I follow the size charts for these bras, they suggest a size that is much larger (2-3 sizes) than the one I own and am wearing. It’s hard for me to believe that if I’m bouncing that much in my current size that going to bounce less if I go up a size or multiple sizes. The Enell is pretty uncomfortable - really digs into my sides. The SheFit is tight but is more comfortable than the Enell I think.

I ordered a bunch of sizes from the SheFit so I can at least try them on and see. Does anyone have any experience with going larger in size for better fit and having that result in less bouncing? On the other hand, if it’s going to be bouncy either way maybe I should opt for more comfort, which would be larger size…

1 Like

I read all the time about how “most women” are “wearing the wrong size”, but when I follow the sizing chart to the letter, the bra never fits. It is always too large. As in, the band is barely sufficient to hold it in place, and the cups are wrinkling. And I’m not some weird freakish shape, so…

3 Likes

Re the Champion bra - it ahs “light padding” but no removable cups, right?

Usually people are wearing too loose a band, and too small of a cup. It sounds like that’s not the case for you.

One of the complicating factors (in my opinion) is that they have you measure your size “while wearing a well-fitting bra”. Well, if you had that, you wouldn’t be measuring!

I find the best bras to minimize bounce are those that are more constructed, and which also have the option for criss-cross straps in the back. Like this one (my favorite running bra): https://www.titlenine.com/p/marvel-underwire-bra/307200.html

It’s pretty good without crossing the straps, but much more supportive with them crossed.

1 Like

That is correct. I have one on now, double checked it to answer your question :slight_smile:

I personally don’t like removable padding as I can never get it back in the bra the way it is supposed to be.

Hope that helps!

I like Shefit. What size did you get? They have a return guarantee.

I found this Avia at Walmart and it fits and supports very well…for $14

I like front closure bras to make putting them on less of a gymnastic contortion excersize.

Would like to try it, but can’t find sizes, what wold fit 38C, L?
My cart said $8.–?

Bluey - Yes, L would be my guess for a 38C fit.

I hate trying on bras in a store, so for $8, I would go for it. I bought mine at the physical store and have the web site set to default to the local store location, so maybe the prices are set by store and demand.

Thank you very much, will try one, mine are not being made any more.
Those look like a good replacement. :slightly_smiling_face:

The bra has a hook in the front to hold the two end together and you can then connect the zipper. Then you have to make sure the zipper pull tab is pushed down to lock the zipper in place. It is not the most flattering bra, but it definitely keeps the parts from bouncing in a sitting trot without constricting your chest and impeding your ability to breath. Good luck.

1 Like

I’ve been a SheFit fan for a few years… but the front close Knix looks quite nice.
How does the back adjust? Velcro?
And the straps? Velcro?

I have a few of the knix front closed and very much enjoy them. The back closure is the standard bra hook and loop (3 of them as the bands are nice and wide), good amount of adjustability for fit, I think there are 5 sizing ‘spots’. The straps are X crossed in the back. Strap length is with variable ‘slots’ to fit into, I think there are 12 or something like that. Once you have your spots all fitted out just zipping in and out of front is pretty great.

Thanks for the info. They’re on sale right now so I might just order one!

:rofl::rofl: when my horse was up for Sale, my trainer asked if I had any video under saddle. Well yes, lots, but going through, not that many where I was wearing my trusty Shefit, and it was very obvious!