Unlimited access >

2021 Talent Search Finals - East

Yeah - that looks like a great course for a regional or state equitation final. But it’s not a gymnastics course, and seems a bit below the level of this class.

1 Like

Now granted I only watched half the class, but the centerline S was a great test of track and the triple bar at the end was a test of pace and eye. But it just didn’t feel like a gymnastics phase at a finals in the last 5 years. My favorite gymnastics phase to date was McLain Ward’s course from a few years ago- he really brought it!

1 Like

It is not an easy question to jump 12 jumps and then have a long run to a triple. And the lines seem to be requiring some adjustability.

1 Like

I just went back and watched some of the Gymnastics phase from the West Final. That seemed like a true gymnastic phase, and appeared to ask more difficult questions than what we saw today.

Riders started by trotting into a one stride. There was also a three fence bounce - four strides to an oxer line. Long bending approach from there to three fences on a half circle, almost Circle of Doom-ish. Very few straight line approaches, lots of one and two stride lines.

1 Like

Does anyone know the results after gymnastics

Results after Phase 2:

Quite a few of these kids should consider themselves lucky that there’s a rail over the water. Splish splash.

1 Like

My video just stopped working :frowning:

Same here

rip

I still have sound, not that that does anything for me.

And we’re back

1 Like

Aw man, too bad Natalie Jayne had that swap in the 3 stride line, it was a lovely round otherwise.

Dominic just had the best round I’ve seen this morning.

1 Like

Dominic is such a classy, consistent rider on a phenomenal horse. That was a lovely round.

1 Like

Did Audrey Schulze have a foot in the water? It looked like there was a splash but I couldn’t tell for sure. Shame if it was, that was quite a nice round.

If there’s a rail over it, you judge the rail, not the splash. It’s why I made my comment earlier. It’s basically a free jump when it comes to faults (unless you somehow manage to crash through it and take the rail down).

Personally, if I were designing the course, I would not have a rail over it at the finals.

3 Likes

Taking a guess that the final four for the work off will be Dominic, Audrey, Luke, and Eleanor. I think Catalina had a couple of little mistakes that might knock her out of the top 4. Plus her horse kicked out in the change after the last fence… not sure if the judges will hold that against her.

ETA: I completely forgot about Natalie Jayne. She should be in the mix for top 4 as well.

I guess these horses don’t get jogged too often :flushed:

1 Like

Results after Phase III:

1. Dominic Gibbs
  2. Audrey Schulze
  3. Natalie Jayne
  4. Luke Jensen
1 Like