Unlimited access >

2022 Triple Crown (prep races)

Great article! Thanks for posting.

Here is live racing at Keeneland https://keeneland.com/racing/live-racing-coverage

Harley, the enormous Appy, is ponying.

1 Like

The Bluegrass is next.

Not a Derby prep, but holy cow, did anyone see Golden Pal win the (G2) Shakertown? That was a stunning run.

1 Like

Mo Donegal wins the Wood.

Zandon wins the Bluegrass.

What the heck is with the crappy camera angles :woman_facepalming:

Zandon wins the Bluegrass

Which broadcast are you watching?

I missed it, so just watched the replay.
WOW!!!

TVG

The Keeneland website is good for live streaming.

1 Like

I’m now on NBC for the S.A. Derby because Santa Anita’s live stream isn’t great.

Wasn’t that incredible? I can’t imagine staying with that horse during the break.

1 Like

Didn’t end quite as I expected.
FK faded quickly.
Thought Messier had it, but nice run from Taiba to win.

Baffert trained Taiba wins the Santa Anita Derby for Zedan. Baffert trained Messier 2nd.

Oaks prep races…

Ashland Stakes

1. Nest 100 points
  2. Cocktail Moments 40 points
  3. Interstatedaydream 20 points.

Gazelle Stakes

1. Nostalgic 100 points
  2. Venti Valentine 40 points
  3. Shotgun Hottie 20 points

SA Oaks

1. Desert Dawn 100 points
  2. Adare Manor 40 points
  3. Ain’t Easy 20 points

Beaumont (runs tomorrow 4/9)

If anyone is looking for reasons why Stronach (or ST1 or whatever they call themselves now) never spoke out against Baffert except to say they were honoring the suspension because CHRB rules forced them to - today’s card is Exhibit #1.

Two of the five runners in the SA Oaks were Baffert horses now running under Tim Yakteen.

3 of the six starters in the Santa Anita Derby were originally in the Baffert barn.

Taiba looked great. Looked like his Dad, and ran a great race.

But:
He will be going to the Derby having run two races. His first race was a maiden special weight, 6 furlongs, one turn, field of 8, and, of course, his second was the SA Derby yesterday, GI, 1 and 1/8th, two turns, field of 6.

I wonder how he will do at the KD pre-race circus and in the KD cavalry charge.

Is there a secret message in the fact that the two horses now trained by Yakteen were wearing the Baffert trademark blue shadow roll?

Just guessing, but I would expect that the new trainer didn’t change their bridles when he took over for Baffert. Why would he?

1 Like

Forbidden Kingdom is out. Damn if Mandella doesn’t have hard luck with Derby prospects.