2023 Maryland 5* at Fair Hill

I think I remember the announcers saying the start had been pushed to 2:30 Eastern. I suspect it is not live yet even though CMH says it is. SMH.

1 Like

On now.

The Maryland PBS coverage is going, and just worked how you’d expect it to (imagine that - CMH take note)

3 Likes

well I can’t get Maryland PBS and the link for USEF isn’t working

1 Like

The CMH livestream just loaded for me

I just clicked on the network link and it is up. thanks everyone!

Mine finally came up too.

@Janet I seem to recall something about that, but the Olympics exist in a separate dimension. I believe MIM clips cost £200 per pair which, to me, is surprisingly pricey. I prefer MIMs.

Corvette is so freaking cool. So much scope after a huge XC effort yesterday.

16 Likes

Piggy seemed genuinely puzzled to report yesterday that she had no right-turn steering on course. I suspect (and hope) that her horse was brewing a foot abscess that has now reached the point that it’s showing some slight unsoundness.

He is the most amazing jumper! I wish his dressage was better. He deserves a win.

1 Like

It’s always so lovely to watch Doug ride and I’m loving how Quantum has been going lately. Can’t help but root for him but especially since I live just up the road from his farm!

10 Likes

Agree, but it shows that the Powers That Be know it is an issue.

1 Like

I’m trying not to read spoilers from today, but one observation from watching cross country yesterday: we were near the jump that poor Lexie Scovil took down and she seems like a real class act. Retired immediately, checked her horse as the grooms led him away, thanked the volunteers, and I think even apologized for dismantling the jump. She said something about her horse being a little backed off today and that’s a shame, but I will root for her next time!

22 Likes

Colorado Blue really said “Hang on, Dad, I’m going for it!”

21 Likes

I am so glad! Hurray for Colorado Blue!

20 Likes

I wanted Mia to win but Austin is adorable! He is so emotional, I love it! He had a seat of his pants flying leap in the middle of the course that sealed the win

19 Likes

So happy for Austin! Leaving that stride out to the Liverpool was amazing. What a scope, honest horse. I don’t think Austin could believe he left it up.

14 Likes

I imagine Mia may feel like she did win. first timer, the only double clear XC and a top 5 finish.

40 Likes

So happy for Austin! I love his horse. Such a fun horse to watch both here and yesterday cross country!

1 Like