Unlimited access >

2024 WEF Saturday Night Grand Prix Thread

I figure I’m not the only one who watches fairly frequently. Zayna just put in a lovely clear in WEF 3.

1 Like

I’m glad Jimmy is back commentating this week. I think he gives excellent insight to each horse and rider and to the way the course rides.

5 Likes

I always enjoy listening to Jimmy.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Royce has retired? It looks like his last USEF result was august last year. I know he’s 20 years old this year so it would make sense, but I don’t recall seeing anything about it.

Nice to see Benny’s Legacy out today. I think it was 2 weeks ago he wouldn’t even approach the first fence.

1 Like

I was watching the two GP classes at WEC and WEF at the same time on different devices. My ears were getting a little confused by the different accents from the commentators. Lol.

1 Like

He’s standing at stud at Spy Coast Farm:
https://www.spycoastfarm.com/royce

1 Like

Agreed. He has such great insight. Helena Stormans did commentary once last year and she was the only one who was better!

That’s interesting that they have him listed as only 16.1 1/2. I always thought he was bigger than that.

Does anyone know how big Acota M is? I know they said “not tall” but that’s about all I can find and I’m just curious! Looks like a fun, spicy horse.

He’s been standing at Spy a Coast for a number of years but they recently announced he was available fresh any day of the week (as opposed to his previous, limited schedule), leading me to believe he has stopped competing.

Given Margie’s size, that sounds about right. She’s going to make most horses look bigger than they are!

4 Likes

Thanks for the additional information - I just happened to see him on their site a few days before it came up here so I thought it was a new thing.

1 Like

Very true. Lol.

She has had some big ones in the past, though. I think a couple of those gray ones back in the day were quite tall.

1 Like

Looks like a tough one tonight. Only one clear as I’ve started watching 12 in.

Make that 2! Awesome clear by Natalie Dean and Acota M.

I thought Nikko was coming off for a second. That was so awkward.

I am OBSESSED with the horse of Kyle Timm. What a cutie.

1 Like

The wall at #2 seems to be causing a lot of looks, if not stops in a few cases.

I wish Laura had jumped clear! That horse is lovely.

1 Like