Unlimited access >

4,000 Beagles will be looking for new homes . .

2 Likes

That’s a lot of beagles! Such lovely dogs in the right home. Mine is a riot.

Hope they all get soft landings and all the snuggles they have been missing out on.

2 Likes

That’s a lot of dogs. Wow.

They’re research beagles, so already crate trained…

I’ve always had Beagles. No they don’t bay all day.

1 Like

I had one who did, she’d howl til her voice was gone. She ended up back with the hunter who bred her and did well there.

Lots of Snoopy dogs need homes. I must ask, though, if these are kennel bred research type dogs, how easily will they adapt to homes? They might relate more to a pack than a human. Would they do better in pairs?

1 Like

I (former beagle wrangler) want one. I will keep watching the site. We (Boise area) seems to get dogs sent here from all over .

Susan

3 Likes

Supposedly this place is helping to place some of the Beagles.

Looks like some have already been sent out (don’t know who is sending them out) to Atlanta; Fairfax, VA; Dayton, OH; Golden Valley, Minnesota. Those were found via Google.

2 Likes

I saw some footage of the poor dogs and many of them seemed to be in horrible shape. Swollen, bulging closed eyes, ugly skin conditions, swollen paws from living on wire, etc. I hope the rescues get them treated before adopting them out!

1 Like

Oh boy, that’s a lot of dogs, and beagles are adorable and sweet but also come pre-installed with beagle earmuffs. Hope that there are breed specific rescues that get involved in this - seems like the best bet for them to find appropriate homes.

1 Like

A friend worked at a pharmaceutical company’s lab. They had a pair of beagles that were used as lab dogs. No direct tests on the dogs just tests on their blood in a petri dish. When the lab closed she took one of the beagles. Great dog. But she had other dogs already at home. Dog took a while to figure out grass since she had never been on grass before.

1 Like

Oh, I sooo want another Beagle….

2 Likes

Loudoun County shelter got some of the puppies from this lot, and adults as well. Precious little things.

Beagles are great little dogs, just secure all food, trash, and be ready to be entertained.

4 Likes

Yep, stereotypes occur for a reason.

But of my three, none have been that way.
Last two were not chewers, not garbage scroungers
My garbage is in a cupboard under my sink, unsecured for the last two, with no problems.

So I’d hate for these dogs to get passed over because people assume they are all like that.

1 Like

Call IHS and ask for Jeff Rosenthal. Ask him if they have any intention of bringing some in for adoption locally.
Sheilah

1 Like

I have thought of that. Probably not the smartest thing to do right now (get a dog) but I am a sucker for a beagle. For sure they would be crate trained :woozy_face:.

Thanks, Susan

1 Like

DO IT!!

Then they only need to find 3,999 more homes! Get TWO!!

4 Likes

Probably gonna have opposite issue. These dogs have lived their whole lives in a cage. Will need significant retraining that most people are not equipped for.

4 Likes

Oh, I know. I just love a beagle but now is probably not the right time for me whether a responsibly bred puppy or a rescue. I will probably donate to help them. Next summer after I take a vacation to Iceland, I will probably get serious about a dog.

1 Like
1 Like