9 days ..warehouse? Stateline Tack: REFUNDED!! :)

Very disappointed. I understand there’s COVID19 and things are operating much differently, but I’m hugely disappointed in a recent order I made with Stateline Tack. I placed the order May 28 with multiple items. The one clothing item arrived late on Friday. Curious - assuming everything would’ve shipped together- I check the website and it appears my horse products haven’t even left the warehouse yet, much less been packing up or assigned a shipping confirmation number.

It’s been 6 business days and over 9 days total.

The good news it, it appears I was only charged for the one item that actually shipped. However, my horses are suffering and I dont’ want to make duplicate purchases. I counted on delays. I did NOT count on over 2 weeks before the items even left the warehouse.

As usually, I foolishly thought I’d be saving a few pennies using an on-line retailer. Now, I’ll have to purchase double product, most likely at a premium, because Stateline apparently doesn’t even have customer service folks working remotely to research and answer questions via email. Which I did last Thursday. And if it costs me to return these items when they do finally appear, I will be cranky.

AITA here?

Update, 6/19… the last $1.23 refund finally received.

Some of their items get shipped directly from the manufacturer, could that be what’s happening? I had this problem with them once or twice before with blanket. My other items shipped but the balnkets were delayed. Of course the blankets were what I needed the most :frowning:

I would guess that they are having supply problems like so many places. Or maybe even the products you ordered might typically drop ship from some place that has not been open because of Covid shutdowns.

This whole Covid thing is making us (general us) learn to be more patient and understanding.

9 Likes

In anticipation of a second horse, I’ve been ordering a range of stuff from a number of places. They are all taking a while but StateLine has been the slowest. Schneiders was OK, Dover, OK, still waiting on something thru Amazon. AND I dont think there has been one instance of all items in one order! Have gotten some pretty good deals, and horse not expected until end of month, so timing to me hasn’t been a problem.
edited to add: I’m waiting for an “in stock” order from Home Depot - not horse related - and its been 10 days, no shipping yet!

Communication from the company would’ve been nice. I’ve got something to do this a.m., but if I don’t hear back by then I’ll order elsewhere and cancel from Stateline.

This is completely unacceptable. If you’re not going to ship everything together, then it should be stated up front, at the time of placing the order.

2 Likes

I ordered a single item - mini muzzle - on 5/27 from Horseloverz
Shown as “in stock” & still in transit as of today.
UPS did not receive info until 6/2.
Estimated to arrive 6/11.

Things are just taking longer than normal these days. :no:”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹

At least you know the status.

It appears nobody’s even READ the 2nd half of my order. Like I said, not even a shipping number generated. The radio silence leaves a lot to be desired.

Now, other retailers it appears are out of stock of the items I am waiting for. So I can’t find it anywhere unless I luck upon it on some tack store’s shelf. Which I won’t because it’s not stocked in this area. Again, if it’s a case of being back ordered at Stateline, communication is key.

Guaranteed Stateline won’t let you cancel. I stopped buying from them years ago. Well before COVID they were freaking awful. In-stock orders were constantly delayed, they refused to cancel even when they admitted they hadn’t even processed the order in their system yet. The last straw for me was when I placed a $1000+ order, which included a saddle that was a close out and like 70% off, and said my chosen size was the only one available in stock (lucky me!). Two weeks go by, nothing shipped. I call to figure out why, they tell me the saddle is no longer available. I tell them to cancel the entire order then, the saddle was the entire point of my purchase. They said they couldn’t, it just wasn’t possible, they were already in the warehouse to be shipped (supposedly). None of the rest of the items still even shipped out for 3+ days after that phone call.

But yes, in general, shipping times right now are significantly increased. I am noticing a LOT of stuff gets marked as shipped, but the shipping company doesn’t actually receive it for like a week after it is marked shipped. I assume people/companies are printing labels online, which marks something as shipped in most systems, but not actually taking it to the post office or UPS store for many days later. Which, IMO, is even more annoying. Don’t send me an email saying something shipped if it hasn’t.

4 Likes

This post makes me ask what is going to sound like a silly question.
Are you by any chance trying to buy a Kensington product?

2 Likes

before you riot and burn the place down, the FTC rules require online shipment companies to have a “reasonable basis” for their estimated shipping dates, and for them to ship an item within 30 days if no date is set

Last week I ordered a part for our horse trailer from Home Depot, their estimated delivery date using the Free Shipping option was eight days but I could pay for next day delivery if I wished… part arrived in two days using the free shipping

I feel like MOST of the stuff I’ve ordered via Stateline has been dropships, even the sale stuff, so they may not have much control over it. But those items also had an indication that they would drop ship from the manufacturer, after I’d ordered them.

If you’re waiting on something to treat a condition with a horse, is it something that might also be used in human medical treatments? Supplies of a lot of those materials are short and stuff may not be available due to that.

Still, after that many working days, I think you’re more than justified in contacting them and finding out what’s going on with your order status.

I waited three weeks for an update to my order from StateLine. Couldn’t get through on the phone, couldn’t get through on E-mail, nothing. Finally posted a “review” on their FB page and got someone to respond. They said they would “try” to cancel the order but it was already “with the warehouse” and they couldn’t confirm if it would be cancelled or not. I bought the item locally and my StateLine order never showed up.

2 Likes

I ordered something simple from State Line on May 11th. Finally shipped on the 28th. Now UPS is holding it hostage and it still hasn’t been delivered. I live on an island, it hit the Island Thursday and every day it delays another day for when it will be delivered. It is currently in a building about 5 miles from my house and I can’t get it! I ordered from State line because the item was literally half the price of Smartpak and Dover.

I placed an order on May 8th and it didn’t ship til the 24th. I had another order I placed on April 14th and it shipped on April 27th, and another order I placed on March 11th that shipped on March 18th. Anecdotally, it seems like their shipping times are just getting worse. I get that covid has caused issues, but Big Dees, Smartpak, and Dover have all been so much faster. I’m not planning on ordering from them again, at least for a good long while.

3 Likes

I just ordered from ValleyVet. I figured with Covid I would be waiting a while for it but I wasn’t desperate. It came in two or three days. Now I live in the boondocks and nothing gets delivered here fast so I was amazed. That is as fast as anything got delivered here pre Covid. Back in the day I had Amazon Prime. Anything I ordered from them took six days to get delivered.

So some companies are on the ball.

5 Likes

“…<snip>…before you riot and burn the place down…<snip>…”

REALLY poor choice of words, there.

I’m pretty sure they’ll “allow” me to cancel if my credit card denies the charge.

Further, If a company makes the impression that I’ll receive my item within 2 weeks or so on their home page, they’ve set an expectation and the consumer makes choices based upon that information. It’s comforting, albeit cold comfort, that others have experienced the same as I. It seems other online retailers are sold out/ backordered of one of the products I’m waiting for, so maybe that’s the delay? If so, TELL ME.

Off to research stop payment protocols…

3 Likes

Yeah, I ordered four buckets of Tri-Amino from them on May 23rd and it hasn’t shipped yet. Their site does say they are running 1-2 weeks longer than usual, but I thought that was factoring in extended shipping time. I ordered helmets from two different places the same day and the first one (SmartPak) will be here tomorrow. The other hasn’t shipped yet…

I had a similar experience with SLT. The item shipped on the 10th business day after I ordered it, which is within their new policy. Its not great, but at least it was within the boundary of their new covid order processing time.

Yeah… only got any feedback from Stateline after I made a public post on their FB page. Thank you to whomever suggested that.

I cancelled the order and they claim they will cancel. My thought is though… if it takes over 10 days to fill an order, then it will likely take 10 days for the message to be received that the order is cancelled. This will prove to be entertaining.

I’ve placed an order elsewhere for the needed supplies. Already got an order confirmation that the will be here this Friday or this coming Monday. No tracking number but at least they’ve set an expectation.

It’s not Kensington…

1 Like

I just ordered from Horse.com. You guys are making me nervous- the message I got said that they’d let me know when the order was ready to ship. It’s five of the same thing in the same color. Hopefully, I will hear from them shortly!