9 days ..warehouse? Stateline Tack: REFUNDED!! :)

Best of luck. Please keep us posted.
I got an immediate order confirmation with no shipping info other than delays due to COVID. Then, a day later the email about one item I’ve already received, including tracking number. You all know the rest.

Wish I had seen this thread before I ordered a flysheet from SLT.

I ordered tights from Riding Warehouse last week and they showed up here two days before expected. I have to say that Riding Warehouse has yet to disappoint me!

9 Likes

Same here. I am a fan.

2 Likes

That’s where I ordered the helmet that hasn’t shipped yet :frowning:

I had an order from them about a month ago, shipping was delayed, I called them and explained I had to get my pony off grass and be able to rotate before he foundered. Was I exaggerating a little…yes…but, the woman called the warehouse and got them to get my stuff out asap. After waiting over a week I was fed up and basically threated to have paypal cancel the order and refund me due to paying for x amount of days shipping and waiting double that time. Not saying it will always work, but a phone call to them in a somewhat pleading but also if I cannot get it it has to be cancelled firm tone worked wonders for me. :slight_smile:

Aaaaand the incompetence continues…

After 5 emails being ignored except for automated replies, I went to the FB page and through messenger requested and was told my order was being cancelled. Great, right?

Except on a prior message I had left on their page itself, several hours earlier, I had asked they tell me when they were going to send out my things. Meanwhile, I’d been responding to their automated replies with “cancel”, since it appeared there was nobody at the helm of the ship there.

So I wake up this morning, check my email and I see they’ve processed a payment through amazon pay, which I foolishly used because I was too lazy to get my cc from my wallet. And below that, an email with tracking numbers of my last package. Which supposedly will be here in 2 days. So NOW I have to question: Do I cancel the order with the other vendor and go on the tracking information given by Stateline? Who’s proven to be more than unrealiable and can’t communicate clearly? Or do I send Stateline’s products back, after clearly communicating ‘CANCEL’ at least 7 different times? FYI: I’m reluctant to use the phone for this now because I’m pretty sure they’ll just deny our conversations at this point.

Now Ill have $250+ worth of duplicate product that will cost me more to ship back.

I’m NEVER ordering from Stateline again. I’ve been unemployed since November and this extra expense due to this company’s inability to communicate is beyond frustrating. Furious.

Aaaand it seems I can’t cancel or reverse payment through Amazon Pay. I will NEVER do business with Stateline again and will tell everyone I know about why.

2 Likes

Also, pays to read about returning saddles (which I did, after the fact), 10-15% restocking fee along with shipping costs. I also ordered one of their “sale” saddles, mainly because new horse had been ridden in it and was good with it. Saddle was dropped shipped from the manufacturer, it was shipped very quickly; however, it’s obvious why it was on sale. After contacting the manufacturer on how to clean off all the white residue on it, I find that saddle is bleeding off all the dye and has faded areas. Manufacturer says contact Stateline for possible refund or exchange but Stateline has been crickets, not a word from them. The saddle was cheap so I should have expected cheap, just not as cheap as it is.

1 Like

If you go to their FB page under ‘Posts’, everyone can see these disappointing experiences are now the norm for this company. Wish I had done that prior to ordering. :frowning:

4 Likes

Was it in stock when you ordered it? Have you contacted their customer service because they do an excellent job?

1 Like

I placed an order on May 22…I have heard NOTHING. Friday will be 3 weeks since I placed the order. I did get an email today asking them for a review for an item in the order. I am THIS CLOSE to protesting the charge on my CC. This is completely ridiculous.

1 Like

I have made orders from several companies recently. Smart Pak, Amazon, and Valley Vet all had excellent shipping times and all of the shipping was free. I looked at Stateline and decided against them, and I’m glad I did.

1 Like

Anybody have an address for Stateline? I’d like to research them through the Better Business Bureau…

I found this on on their website (it is the address they tell you to use to get removed from their mailing list):
Statelinetack.com, 395 Oak Hill Road, Mountain Top, PA 18707

There is a link to their Better Business Bureau profile right at the bottom of the website.

https://www.bbb.org/us/pa/wilkes-bar…bbbonlineclick

1 Like

Thank you for that. I’m certainly not alone in my experience. Really unhappy. Remember when Stateline was so much better than the rest?

I think between the issues the usps is having and probably many places have reduced their warehouse personnel so they have enough “space”, things are just taking really long to ship.

I have had several things I ordered go MIA in transit,( weeks late) seller reships and then bingo, I get a double order. I try to avoid online buying at this point.

File a charge back, it’s an easy process and should get you your $$ back.

Also remember we are experiencing a global pandemic. Take a deep breath and appreciate your health and horse. It could always be worse.

1 Like

It appeared to be, but then they sen an update that it was back ordered until 6/3. Now it says 6/10. Probably out of their control due to supply issues, but I seem to remember a similar thing happening when I tried to order a bridle from them a few years ago. They were very nice about canceling the order.

On the other hand, I ordered a new slow feeder net from Valley Vet on Saturday and it was delivered today; there’s just no telling when to expect things.

1 Like

No charge back. As I said above. Discover can’t help me because it’s contingent upon this unscrupulous company admitting culpability and failure to provide adequate customer service.
Amazon Smile cannot help me beyond offering to provide a pre-paid return address label. Please see other comments above about how other folks’ returns and refunds are going.

At this point, I’m cutting my losses and making sure everyone knows what Stateline is up to. I’m not going to return anything because they’ll deny having received it. I will take money out of somewhere to pay for this. Thankfully, so long as it’s kept indoors, it won’t spoil.

Lastly I am well aware of what’s going on in the world and am loving the other on-line retailers whom I’ve had nothing but wonderful things to report. Walmart pickup, Tractor Supply curbside, Smartpack, Amazon, Springtime, Chewy, etc. etc. Each one is capable and willing to respond to emails, and automatically generates order status updates within 24 hours of placing the order; and with factual, reliable information. Not just “oh we’re running about 2 -3 weeks longer than usual”. Well guess what? #1, I have no idea what ‘usual’ means for you? And #2, does that include business days or each calendar day? None of these questions were answered and to date I still have not received one single response from the company that’s not a computer generated form letter. Including my multiple emails telling them to cancel the order. The only response I got was from their FB page. And I’m not the only one…

3 Likes