Unlimited access >

A hilarious case of mistaken identity

So about a month ago my mom took in a skinny stray, super sweet lovely cat. Named her Josephine

Had a vet appointment today to get all her shots and a once over, good news is ‘she’ is healthy.
Hilarious news…”Josephine” is actually a “Joseph” (neutered at some point)
Still loved all the same :joy:

22 Likes

Joseph is very handsome! Glad he got a clean bill of health and was already neutered. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:rofl:

:crazy_face:

Joseph is very handsome! Good thing his collar is not hot pink.

3 Likes

Better than the one we had years ago that went the other way 'round. Took a male in to be neutered, vet misread the memo and opened him up to spay him. Poor guy lost his balls and had all those stitches…

7 Likes

Joseph is a cutie :star_struck:

I had a barn stray I was sure was female.
Solid black, petite… I called her Black Betty.
Never sprayed, got along with my resident female & no visible “parts”.
A visit to the Emergency vet (sadly final) revealed an intact male.
Poor little thing had a saddle thrombosis.
At least I was there with him at the end. :sleepy:

4 Likes

The hilarious thing is he already has a tag on the collar that says “Josephine” :joy:

8 Likes

Yikes!

1 Like

Poor thing, atleast he knew love and you were with him

3 Likes

We met a Weim breeder who was really sad. Her dog sitter or assistant brought the wrong dog in to be neutered—it was her pride and joy stud.

1 Like

Eek. I would think that in a breed where they all look similar one would have the microchip checked before doing a neuter on a show dog.

2 Likes

To be fair, it was in the early 90s—were chips a thing then?

Hey, he’s now got a wonderful home with his own person that loves him. I think he’d be fine with being called Josephine for the rest of his life! And what a story your mom has now! :grin:

5 Likes

oh NO!!! That is beyond awful!

2 Likes

He identifies as Loved :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Call him Joe, it works for either gender!

Love his face!

5 Likes

I had a cat on the last property I lived at that I had been calling Ginger for years. Pet names were pretty princess, pretty girl, etc etc. took Ginger to the vet and discovered that Ginger was a boy. The vet had a good laugh because even she had been treating him like a girl. But in our defense Ginger was a very very fluffy kitty. Named was changed to Jimger.

Jo is very cute and thank you taking him in!

5 Likes

Ginger is a boy’s nickname in England.

Think of Ginger Baker.

4 Likes

He’s beautiful! Such a lucky kitty to find your mom. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

What a good looking fella!

1 Like

They sure were, that’s when I got my Cocker puppy and we had him chipped.