Unlimited access >

AA Motionlite question

So I have a lovely navy Motionlite jacket. This past week I was very fortunate and got the deal of my life on a grey used Motionlite also.

When it got here, the sleeves are noticeably shorter. I put my navy jacket on and the sleeves are normal. Put the grey on and they’re MUCH shorter.

My only thought is maybe it was put in a dryer by the previous owner. (Label says not to but you never know)

Has anyone else experienced this???

Em

I put mine in the dryer and have not noticed a change in the sleeves. It sounds like the person may have had them altered?

1 Like

Nope. Already checked. They’ve not been

Em

Years ago, I tried on two motionlites at Dover. Same size but different colors and they fit me completely differently both in the body and sleeve length. So at least one other person has had a similar experience as you!

2 Likes

So now we have pics.

I have an email into Horseware also. Not exactly sure why they’re so different though. (Top button missing on grey coat and Horseware is sending more this week. )

Em

1 Like

OH dear, thats a good few inches shorter… i’m so sorry it happened, i’ve never dried mine, but i mashine washed mine and it came out fine. I hope you find a solution!

I’ve always washed mine in a delicate bag and hang dried it and it still looks great. I don’t think they are meant to go through a dryer.

1 Like

I just got a gray motionlite and the sleeves are stupid long for me. I got a medium and don’t usually have a problem with sleeve length - I’m very average, lol.

1 Like

If you want to trade!!!

LOL

This grey one has 21" sleeves. The navy has 25" sleeves.

Em

The sleeves look altered in the photo. The navy one has narrower cuffs and the grey one goes straight down the arm like a stove pipe.

1 Like

They’re not altered. Original owner attests it’s not been altered and the 2 coats constructions down to seam size and appearances are identical. If you measure the cuffs etc, they’re the same.

Em

Thought of this thread today as my new-to-me AA motionlite was delivered. Got another medium and the sleeves are markedly shorter than my other medium. Fits me great but very strange!

Make contact with Horseware. They will replace.

AS long as you can get the original receipt.

Em

Is that how they resolved your issue?

They would have if the previous owners of the coat had looked for the receipt. They were offering to replace as it is 'substandard"

Em

2 Likes

If anyone is looking for a Motionlite, there are two on consignment here (gray and green, both XL) for $160: https://www.chagrinsaddlery.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=486&PID=18458&SKU=32895&LinkID=1. Wish they were my size! I tried one on last weekend and swooned…

1 Like

My new grey Motionlite just arrived yesterday and if anything my sleeves are too long. I’ll probably roll the cuffs under once and tack them down.

@GoneAway just as an alternative… I have a grey motionlite for sale with 21" arms instead of the standard 25"

I can send to you to try (I’ll mail for free) and if it works I’ll happily sell you that one for less and you could return the new one and get a refund.

Emily

2 Likes

Em I really appreciate the offer but I guarantee I’m twice your size. :rofl::rofl::sob:

A simple tack on the sleeves will make the current coat perfect. I’m surprised yours has such short sleeves because the reviews I read on the MotionLite all mentioned weirdly long arms.

1 Like

I wonder if it’s all the grays that have weirdly long sleeves. A friend got one in gray and hers has long sleeves too :laughing: I do have the original receipt for mine but honestly it seems more hassle to exchange it than to just keep turning the cuffs under. I guess I’m lazy.