Unlimited access >

Aiden update.. Posted Pictures! Must end the Aiden thread. Aiden is doing excellent. THANK YOU COTH!!! (137) 1/23

Today, Tuesday, Jennifer, Joey and I will be traveling to Georgia. Jennifer’s testing for living donor is scheduled for tomorrow and Thursday. Her first test is the CT scan. This test will be the one that determines size. As we all remember no one has made it past this test. Through out this process there are many disqualifying steps and procedures. We ask for you to pray for us as we travel, and for Jennifer while she undergoes the living donor work up.

Late yesterday we had our first bit of good news that we have had honestly since Aiden was born. Unfortunately on Friday the UNOS (united network of organ sharing) replied with a denial to our apeal to put Aiden at the top of the list. We were devested. I mean ablsoutley crushed. This meant that Aiden had lost his hope to get an organ. His only hope was to get a living donor match. You see the board has a maximum of 21 days to reply to an appeal. If the board cannot make a decision during that time, then the points requested automatically are applied. Last Thursday was the end to the 21 days. On FRIDAY we received a note that Aiden was denied.

Everyone was shocked and angry. The transplant team, and our transplant manager worked to fight this ruling. Immediately Aiden went to the hospital for lab work. They wrote a grievance about the delay on the reply. We were looking at another 21 days to hear anything.

As a wonderful and beautiful Christmas gift, the UNOS board gave Aiden the 40 after acknowledging hat they did indeed take longer than their 21 days. Automatically Aiden received his 40 PELD score! The 40 is only temporary. Another board at UNOS has been sent the request. They have the power to deny or keep the number given to us. Please pray that Aiden continues at the top of the list. And during this time we receive the call for a liver while he is at the top.

We know that God sent us this set back, to remind us that what we face will not be easy sailing. We have been floating on fumes thinking that once we just get his liver we will all be okay. Well, it is time to recharge. We have a long road ahead of us. Aiden must be able to not only get the liver, but survive and recover. With help from you, prayers, and strength, we will overcome these obstacles.

We are leaving this morning to head to Atlanta. Please pray for Jennifer, and us while we travel. Pray that Aiden stay strong. We had to print out hospitals that are on the way to ATlanta in case of another bleed.

We also wanted to thank everyone for the support. I did get an oppertunity to get online last week and see everyone stand by us. It helped so much. We are very lucky to have friends like you. Thank you for the amazing auction. We are blown away by the giving and selflessness.

I will have someone update for us. PLease keep checking in! XOXOXO

Lisa
Save a life, be an organ donor

[This message was edited by Weatherford on Dec. 31, 2002 at 12:59 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Dec. 31, 2002 at 02:40 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Dec. 31, 2002 at 11:23 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 01, 2003 at 08:16 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 02, 2003 at 01:03 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 02, 2003 at 04:50 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 03, 2003 at 10:38 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 03, 2003 at 01:54 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 03, 2003 at 11:51 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 05, 2003 at 05:58 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 06, 2003 at 12:47 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 06, 2003 at 09:27 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 07, 2003 at 09:55 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 08, 2003 at 07:21 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 12, 2003 at 04:50 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 13, 2003 at 11:12 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 14, 2003 at 06:08 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 15, 2003 at 11:34 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 16, 2003 at 01:24 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 18, 2003 at 02:36 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 22, 2003 at 11:39 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 23, 2003 at 12:09 AM.]

I agree with Equimom - we are all worried, feeling helpless, but we need to concentrate our efforts positively, having faith, strength and hope. It is all we can do right now.
I am sending my strongest thoughts of love and hope to Aiden and to Lisa and Joey.
Hold On Baby.

C’mon Baby Aiden, keep kicking and jumping…you are going to be just fine. Praying and jingling with all my heart and soul.

So glad I got out of bed to check one more time now I’ll get some sleep.
Let’s hope and pray for sweet dreams for Aiden and his family for many years to come!

It’s all in the details!!

This is just awesome. I am so glad to be part of this, thank you so much for involving all of us in this beautiful story!!

Merry Christmas Aiden!!!

Here’s a web site with links to various transplant support groups (in the US and other countries as well):

Geographical Index of Transplant Support Groups

If you’re feeling that you’d like to extend a personal thanks to Aiden’s donor’s family, maybe you could do it by proxy - write a letter to a support group that’s local to you, telling about Aiden, and ask the support group to share it with a donor family.

Approved helmet: Every ride; every time.

we are all thinking of you and sending prayers with all our hearts and minds…
hang on Lisa and Joey, stay strong dears.

GOOD MORNING !!!

The promise of another beautiful day and lots of jingle jingle jingles for Aiden, Lisa and Joey.

What wonderful news!

Can’t wait for the next update AND another one here who is anxiously waiting for more photos of that little man!

Show goals achieved & Sass is in foal! 7 months down... about 4 more to go.

We've got STANLEY! Wings Rock!

Hang in there, Aiden!
This is just another jump on your recovery course. It may be a big single oxer, but considering the 7’ puissance walls you’ve already negotiated, we KNOW you can get over this one! Kick on, baby!

talloaks, I am very sorry to hear about your son. But I’m sure he’s watching over Aiden now!

Charis: A-MEN, as always.

~Sara
Charter member of the GM Fan Club
Member of the Dirt Divers 78th Airborne Unit, ATH Squadron

Yeeeehaw! (as they say in these here parts)

I signed on an hour ago to get an update and 5 minutes later we lost all power, with a severe thunderstorm and tornado warning. I was just hhappy that before the power went, I got to see the updates from EqChick and Knowonder-woman. Really severe weather is past downtown Houston now and when the power came back on, the first thing I had to do was check here.

And hey, if anybody knows how to do a happy liver dance, it’s Kryswyn and the Kryswyn gang. Those JR’s know all about liver – Liver Snaps, that is.

Keep fighting, baby, you have a whole lot of people fighting along with you, as much as we can, and sending love and prayers to you, your mommy, daddy, and the rest of your family and extended family.

Eyes up, look forward, Kick On!

I guess we should all proceed on the assumption that no news is good news huh?

Wishing Aiden and his family the very best…

Cheers

“Animals are such agreeable friends. They ask no questions and they pass no criticisms.”

we continue to pray!
much love, June

Yay Aiden… I’m sooo happy!!! Keep laughing little guy, you dererve it!!!

Finally breathing a sigh of relief!!!

-Shannon (Canadian Eh?)
Horses: Jodie (MardiGras) CLYDExTB and Spring (Evermore)ISH

EXCELLENT! This is the best day!!! Watch little Aiden improve 10 fold now that he is OUT of the hospital and more in a home setting! I am SO HAPPY FOR THE HAWKS!!!

Just checking in. Jangled curb chains all day for Aiden. The labs are headed in the right direction. With all of this positive energy, they have to continue downward!

YES!YES!YES!! WWOOHHOOO! Go Aiden!!!

This is the BEST news! Finally, the Hawk family is getting back to “normal”.

~Sarah~

~Disgruntled College Students Clique~Georgia Clique~Junior Clique (Can I please still be a member?? )~ Buckle Bunnies

That’s not an owwie, that’s the mark the angel’s left when they healed him.

He’s looking great!

See Gods does listen!!

Courtney

“I may not agree with what someone has to say, but I will die for their right to say it” every American