Unlimited access >

Aiden update.. Posted Pictures! Must end the Aiden thread. Aiden is doing excellent. THANK YOU COTH!!! (137) 1/23

Now all of you can see just how UNartistic I am!

But the sentiment is real.

Approved helmet: Every ride; every time.

you will all be remembered when we getogether to pray therosary tomorrow,

much love, and light to all!

breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a momento enjoy!, and give thanks for thesewonderful horses in our lives.

[This message was edited by CAROL AMES on Jan. 16, 2003 at 02:37 PM.]

Hang in there Aiden, you can get past this. Jingling more.

Aiden’s new vein is working amazingly well. He is completely pink (NO jaundice), and his Bilirubin is 1.3!!! (For comparison, Lisa’s is a 1.1!) All of his numbers are getting better in dramatic fashion, and Lisa said he squeezed her finger this morning! I was so happy for Lisa to have that happen.

They are still going to keep him on a vent for a while, becuase the fluid is still present, as is the corresponding threat of pneumonia. They will keep him in the PICU and on the vent until his fluid goes down.

Lisa was telling me that she met with another surgeon who was involved in both surgeries, and he was talking to her about the new vein. He siad it is HUGE for Aiden - like a Shaquile O’Neal vein! It was over three times the size of Aiden’s sick little portal vein, and the blood is moving through VERY fast, and taking out all of the toxins in the liver.

She had to run to go talk to the doctors again, so someone else (or me again) might have a new update soon. I will go change the title of the thread now - and BTW, I LOFF the idea of putting the page number in the title - it makes a whole lot of sense to me!

Keep praying guys - Aiden’s headed towards the edge of the forest!!!

Fly like the Hawk you are, Baby Boy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So tell me again how the 40 Hour Standard was created? I think my boss was busy…

What a great article–thanks so much for the link.

And to copy IUPRider, Go Aiden, Go!!!

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what its all about?

A very Merry Christmas to Aiden and his family! God has truly blessed the Hawks with this special boy. May Aiden continue on his road to a full recovery. We love you, liitle boy! Merry Christmas and God bless you!

A Solution to the Standoff?

Hmmm… we seem to have a stand-off here. Lisa says, “We don’t need anything.” We say, “But we WANNA!..”

How about store gift certificates that could be used in either Atlanta or Florida?

If Lisa won’t 'fess up, maybe someone who knows her shopping habits will “out” her and let us know where she tends to shop. So many chain stores are nationwide these days, that we could send gift certificates for Penneys or Target or Kmart or Walmart… so she could use them now or later. Just try to make sure that the gift certificates won’t expire.

Or, the fallback of my generation - US Savings Bonds.

Approved helmet: Every ride; every time.

Prayers and healing thoughts for Aiden and crew…hugs.

SLW
“It is I.”

Oh gee! Keep holding on to that big thick mane Aiden! You’ll make it!

You’ll know easily who all your COTH aunties are when you grow up–we’ll be the ones with our hair turned totally white from worrying about you all the time!!!

I have been away from my computer for a couple of days and it is great to read all the good news. Keep it coming!!

I hope every day is better than the day before.
Love from all of us,

Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group

There is no doubt in my mind that Aiden will make it and grow to be a healthy young man. God has carried him this far, against incredible odds, for a reason. He has a plan that is as yet unknown to us, but I have absolutely no doubt that He will continue to keep Aiden safe. I’m sure that there will be many ups and downs on the road to full recovery, and many times we will be frightened of what may happen next, but I am equally sure that all will be well, because God is watching over Aiden.
Trust Him.

[This message was edited by lyrical on Dec. 22, 2002 at 05:54 PM.]

Crying again, dammit.

Rolex, you and your family have given more than you have received. I guess love shared has a way of multiplying geometrically. Isn’t that wonderful?

Thank YOU for letting us be a part of your journey. I can’t believe it has been a month already…

Can’t wait to see the reborn, healthy Aiden in pictures. When will you get to leave Atlanta and REALLY go home?

I had the most amazing dream last night.

I dreamed I was at a horse show. It was spring, one of those golden spring mornings that is just warm, but not too warm. The sun was very bright, and glinting off the coats of all the stunning horses who were prancing to and from the arenas.

But the horses weren’t my focus at this show. I was walking with purpose up a hill to where a large group of people were gathered. The group seemed to grow larger as I made my way up the hill, and the hill seemed to take so, so long to climb. As I got closer, I could hear soft laughter, and I could see bright tears glinting in the sunlight.

I didn’t recognize a single face, but when I arrived the group took my hands and gathered me into its tight circle, and I felt so much love and caring among them. And then I could see the focal point of its attention. There at the center of the group was a woman and small boy of three or so.

And the woman said, “Show them your tummy…can you show them the place where doctors put in extra love and strength when you were just a little baby?”

And the boy, amazingly comfortable to be being stared at by so many pairs of eyes, grinned and pulled his shirt up to show the place where doctors had put in all our love and strength.

I woke up smiling.

Fight Aiden, fight hard.

Emily

What a wonderful gift! What a wonderful Christmas miracle!!

Of course, no matter how scared we got, nobody here EVER had a doubt, did we?

Lisa and Joey, I’m so happy for you guys. You certainly deserved it. What a wonderful feeling, knowing he’s going to pull through. Now the worries can change from him living through the night, toxins in the blood, and brain damage to when he’s going to get his first pony, arguing over curfews, and where he’ll go to college

Wonderful, wonderful news. And it couldn’t have come at a better time! All hail the power of the curb chain!

p.s. Of course Aiden’s a fighter! He’s an Aries! (from a fellow Ram)

HURRAY!!!

This has brightened up my day sooooo much!!! GOOOOOO Aiden!!!

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what its all about?

Oh Lisa, I can’t find the words to express how excited I am for you and Joey and of course Aiden. I am praying that the surgery goes perfectly and that Aiden will be able to tell his grandchildren about the weekend when he matched two livers!

Know-wonder woman, give Lisa a big hug for all of us. I am blown away by your selflessness and generosity. I hope to meet Aiden’s guardian angel sometime soon- if you are ever in NYC, please let me know, the drinks are on me!

Finally, I am saddened thinking about the family who lost their child so close to Christmas. But to show such compassion during their time of grief is so inspiring. I hope that they will someday look up the beneficiaries of their child’s organs, and realize that he or she lives on, in Aiden and in so many others.

Keep us posted! My fingers, toes, and everything else crossable is crossed for you!

Oh.

Wow.

Oh.

Wow.

Oh oh oh oh…WOW!

(Im not really at a loss for words, but the lump in my throat is affecting my brain)…

jingling and jingling and waiting for the next news…

Here is another

Lisa
Save a life, be an organ donor

mommy_aiden.jpg

I’ve been lurking but following this story closely and thinking of Aiden every day. I am so happy to hear the latest news!
I will continue to keep Aiden and the donor families in my thoughts and prayers this holiday season…God Bless!

EricaR, that was very touching and I personally believe in such “messages”.

I am so glad to hear that dear Aiden had a restful night!