Unlimited access >

AK auction lot #1

a 10 year old mare with a good competition record “unsound for competition purposes” going for $360 with 3 hours left. So sad.

anyone closer to VA than NorCal who can give her a soft landing??

Link?

Andy Kocher Sport Horse Auctions - Quiny Z ( Quinar x Voltaire )

how can a mare of that breeding be in that situation :frowning: (rhetorical question)

1 Like

Man that is really sad…I hope someone can scoop her up.

I can get her but is this a valid site? I’ve never used/heard of it before.

2 Likes

It is a valid site run by a man currently suspended from USEF for using electric spurs.

14 Likes

While I haven’t used it personally, he heavily advertises it and runs all his auctions through here. I haven’t heard anyone say otherwise when it comes to purchasing.

1 Like

Per the description, she is 20. A 2004 mare. If that makes a difference.

2 Likes

Okay, I’m winning bid.

65 Likes

It does not, I take all kinds.

32 Likes

We’re thinking about bidding as we need a horse to be a companion to our pony when my competing horse goes to shows, just fyi

8 Likes

Y’all are heroes!!!

7 Likes

If you decide you want her, let me know and I won’t bid against you. I’ve become the drop off location for all the unwanted horses in Virginia, :rofl:and I can’t say no to anything that might need a soft spot to land.

45 Likes

Got it! I’ll definitely let you know if that ends up being the case!

3 Likes

OMG you are my hero!

The age mistake was mine, I was so sad I forgot how to do math.

fingers crossed for you/ her!

7 Likes

Well, we are 30 minutes out and I’m still winning bid.

12 Likes

Yep, looks like we won’t be bidding. Would love updates of her. I will be happy to see that she goes to a caring home, even if it’s not with us. It’s always good to see horses who have achieved so much receiving a soft landing.

4 Likes

Okay, so someone just bid $768 on her, effectively doubling the max bid. This is veeeery weird to me.

3 Likes

Oh how- that really sucks :confused:

1 Like