Unlimited access >

Allegations of abuse made against prominent trainer (SS suspends)

The very idea of hiring a lawyer to arrange an NDA and hush money payment because your husband engaged in predatory sexual conduct with a teenaged student?

I don’t get it. Put that effort and $$$$ into hiring a good divorce attorney. She would have had cause for divorce for sure… and would have him over a barrel in terms of negotiating a beneficial divorce settlement that she could have taken, and gone on to use to launch her own independent coaching program.

19 Likes

Don’t forget, this is the same couple that worked together with Paul Vallaire & Acres Wild Farm during the horse killings that got Paul permanently banned from any recognized shows. Not saying that they were guilty of anything, but really something you wouldn’t think they would want to brag about on their website.

10 Likes

The last 10 years or so Jeff has disappeared as trainer. It used to be Jeff and Shelley Campf listed as trainer on the online websites, but it’s been just Shelley Campf as trainer now for several years.

1 Like

On showgroundslive for their shows this summer it has Jeff listed as a trainer

He has the jumpers listed under him and Shelley has the hunters/equ riders usually.

Can you imagine as a parent signing this for your kid???

3 Likes

He is listed as a trainer on their website. Often times with shows (horseshowtime, showgtoundslive) you can only list one trainer.

1 Like

Well that would explain it.

I can only imagine there was a super messy situation at the time… with a ton of emotions involved. I hope and pray that any minors or young adults who were victims at least had the love and support of their parents at the time these NDAs were signed… even if I totally don’t understand how it all came to pass, or why the parents cooperated with the NDA process and settlement … :cry:

There was a really recent, major news article in the LA Times about the whole issue of confidential NDAs and sexual abuse/unethical conduct/etc, and the serious ethical & legal questions surrounding this practice. It digs into circumstances involving that DESPICABLE doctor at USC… and how they covered up for him. Really appalling and disturbing… the NDA related to one situation involved destroying evidence which might have been applicable to a different case.

Lawyers following these topics might find the whole case and report interesting… Mark Geragos played a key role in the NDA in this situation.

2 Likes

When Rich got the cuffs, Jeff had to know his time of freedom was short. Long expected

7 Likes

Wow - just wow

1 Like

Right? Absolutely stunning on USC’s part.

They learned absolutely nothing from the horror show of their gynecologist.

3 Likes

Do we even know that an NDA was signed for this reason? Or at all? I looked around on these threads and couldn’t find anything more than mere speculation. Does anyone know if it’s just one obvious person involved with SS? I would imagine there are quite a few involved in his case and probably more coming out by the day. As for Shelley, she is likely going to pull the typical “I had no idea” card and deflect it all, when I know for a fact she has been aware of his infidelities throughout the years. As a parent, I couldn’t imagine leaving my child in that environment with what has come to light…

We don’t know there was an NDA. That would explain why KB didn’t use his name in the video. Otherwise I believe it’s just rumor.

I know of two that came forward to SS.

1 Like

He no longer appears on the website under “Our Team”. Only the wife is listed as the owner and operator.

Not surprised - my understanding is everything is being transferred to her name.

They would generally be at a year-end regional PNW show this weekend, but I don’t see them on the list of entries (under the wife’s name). Usually they have a ton of horses at this show. No doubt they’re laying low at home.

BITSA you must ride there?

1 Like