Unlimited access >

Am I the only one who thinks George Morris is a bad rider?

Hey fellow riders,

I really cannot see why everyone is so enthralled with George Morris. I know he was very successful in his younger years, and I respect that, but I have watched countless videos of him coaching as well as riding and I’m really not convinced that he is skilled or knows very much about training. I will get tons of hate for saying this, and I’m ready for it. I think George Morris is extremely overrated. If you like him, good for you. :slight_smile:

TROLLLLLL.

I read a YouTube comment yesterday on a Santana video where a watcher stated they played guitar better than that old guy anyway.
Just bored young teenagers with internet connections instead of parents and hobbies.

what do you mean by that?

Not even a well-done troll. Come on, people! At least use a little creativity when you’re writing it. Passive aggressive is much more likely to get you a good reaction than the blatant “he sucks!” - that gives you away completely.

Although this whole subject gives you away completely. If you phrased it differently, you might have a shot. I happen to disagree with GM on some points and I don’t worship him the way some do, but if I were to attempt trolling, I wouldn’t just denounce him as having no idea what he’s doing when it comes to training, given the many successful people he’s trained… oh, and the whole chef d’equipe thing.

Sigh.

Hi I am not trying to be a troll, I am curious to see if other riders have the same opinion I do of him. Not trolling, honestly.

You’re right, i did that wrong. View my revised version.

[QUOTE=supershorty628;7896106]
Not even a well-done troll. Come on, people! At least use a little creativity when you’re writing it. Passive aggressive is much more likely to get you a good reaction than the blatant “he sucks!” - that gives you away completely.

Although this whole subject gives you away completely. If you phrased it differently, you might have a shot. I happen to disagree with GM on some points and I don’t worship him the way some do, but if I were to attempt trolling, I wouldn’t just denounce him as having no idea what he’s doing when it comes to training, given the many successful people he’s trained… oh, and the whole chef d’equipe thing.

Sigh.[/QUOTE]

I revised it, a little.

Original post is a bit better troll-vieled but title still needs some work.

[QUOTE=Anonymo;7896123]
I revised it, a little.[/QUOTE]

Clearly well-done trolling is a dying art. Art? Not sure I want to call it that.

The revised version is slightly better, but still needs a lot of improvement. If I were grading it, I might give you a D instead of an F.

Then why say it?

Your title doesn’t match the content. You or anyone else cannot make the judgement that a senior rider is a bad rider. There is no way you can imagine the physical changes that occur with age.

As for whether or not you think he is a good trainer based on countless videos, what’s it to you? Go ride your horse, you anonymo greenie.

[QUOTE=supershorty628;7896130]
Clearly well-done trolling is a dying art. Art? Not sure I want to call it that.

The revised version is slightly better, but still needs a lot of improvement. If I were grading it, I might give you a D instead of an F.[/QUOTE]

As I have stated before, I AM NOT TRYING TO TROLL. I merely revised it so i do not offend anyone. Because offending people is not the goal.

[QUOTE=Bristol Bay;7896138]
Then why say it?

Your title doesn’t match the content. You or anyone else cannot make the judgement that a senior rider is a bad rider. There is no way you can imagine the physical changes that occur.

As for whether or not you think he is a good trainer based on countless videos, what’s it to you? Go ride your horse, you anonymo greenie.[/QUOTE]

interesting thanks

[QUOTE=Anonymo;7896139]
As I have stated before, I AM NOT TRYING TO TROLL. I merely revised it so i do not offend anyone. Because offending people is not the goal.[/QUOTE]

Except maybe George Morris. Although I’m sure he doesn’t give a tinker’s d*mn about what someone thinks on COTH, much less someone anonymous! (And, for the record, I’m a hacker dressage rider whose only credentials related to posting on this thread are the recognition of how freakin’ hard it actually is to ride and succeed at his level).

Pick on Pat Pepperoni. Will get you much more mileage! :smiley:

oldernewbie, she’d get a much more interesting response if she started singing the praises of PP, I think. Especially if posted on Off Course.

[QUOTE=supershorty628;7896148]
oldernewbie, she’d get a much more interesting response if she started singing the praises of PP, I think. Especially if posted on Off Course.[/QUOTE]

You are right. I had it backwards. Shame on me! LOL!

[QUOTE=oldernewbie;7896152]
You are right. I had it backwards. Shame on me! LOL![/QUOTE]

Yeah, really, get it together.

I can see it now… “I’ve been having some issues with getting my eq horse to do lead changes. I’m sure it’s not the way I’m riding or anything physical, but I played some games with him, chased him with a carrot stick, and when he was still being bad about it, I shook a leadrope at him and whacked him in the head with it a few times. Now he’s great! Has anyone else had an experience like this?”

[QUOTE=supershorty628;7896156]
Yeah, really, get it together.

I can see it now… “I’ve been having some issues with getting my eq horse to do lead changes. I’m sure it’s not the way I’m riding or anything physical, but I played some games with him, chased him with a carrot stick, and when he was still being bad about it, I shook a leadrope at him and whacked him in the head with it a few times. Now he’s great! Has anyone else had an experience like this?”[/QUOTE]

So I’m new to all of this, as you know. I have no idea what PP or Off Course is or what you are saying by this ^ … Although I am curious! lol

[QUOTE=Anonymo;7896158]
So I’m new to all of this, as you know. I have no idea what PP or Off Course is or what you are saying by this ^ … Although I am curious! lol[/QUOTE]

Off Course is one of the other discussion forums - if you scroll down, you’ll find it.

PP = Pat Parelli, who is not thought of very highly on this board. You can find some good trainwrecks if you use the search function (or go in the Favorites forum, which is further down).

[QUOTE=supershorty628;7896163]
Off Course is one of the other discussion forums - if you scroll down, you’ll find it.

PP = Pat Parelli, who is not thought of very highly on this board. You can find some good trainwrecks if you use the search function (or go in the Favorites forum, which is further down).[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha! Thanks! That is helpful. I was like, “Pat Pepperoni? Who the f*** is that?”