An absent BB'er checks in, bring curb chain and thank Sister Louise and Sister Heidi

I am awed and inspired by your amazing strength, and I wish you all the best. Your positive outlook and determination to make every day count is so impressive- we should all borrow that page from your book. I’m so glad you have a great husband and a wonderful horse to be with you through this tough time…like the rest of our BB family, I send you tons of {{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and my curb chain is jangling for you, Pam, and everyone else out there who needs it!

• One must think when looking at a horse that it hears music inside its head
  • check out my diary! http://carpediem4gp.diaryland.com
  • PNW Clique: Fuzzy Horses, Frizzy Humans!

You are truly strength personified! Thanks for the reminder for all of us to live every second of every day. Here’s a big hug to you, your husband, and Bud. I think attitude is one of the most important healing powers, so you’ve definitely got that going for you! You’ll win this one.

I know you’ll draw even more strength from all the prayers and positive thoughts all these posters are sending your way. Add mine to them. You keep on shining.

Heading to Phoenix today for my Mon, Tues, Wed stint at Mayo.

It was too dang windy yesterday to go out and ride. My allergies have been driving me nuts, so I figured I didn’t need to be breathing half the Arizona desert!!! But I did get my cantle bag for my dressage saddle made for my oxygen, maybe next week? We’ll see.

Later dudes!

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

My heart has an empty spot…

Endurance Rider Wannabee!

what a lovely poem equimom-thank you for sharing.

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Between ReginaPony, LordHelpus and you, we have been quite concerned! Perhaps it was the huge sound of curb chains jangling (Spunky and I even found a double bridle with a chain lip strap last Saturday to jangle!)

Cactuskate, I am so so so sorry to hear that. Curb chain jingling for you and a cancer-free future.

visit www.victorianfarms.com

So so sorry to hear your news, but so proud of the way you are dealing with it! You and Bud look great together in your picture.

As bumpkin said, I had been thinking of you, and will email you privately later today.

Take care, my friend.

Your courage is amazing and if guts mean anything you’ll emerge unscathed on the other side of this fight.

I don’t have a curb chain but I’m sending out the very strongest get well vibes that I can.

But I am not surprised, as we are a great bunch of cyber-friends and family. You too are an inspiration. There are too many fine statements to acknowledge all of them.

As has been said by others, attitude is so much a part of healing, or just dealing with the hand you have been dealt. From the moment my wonderful Gastroenterologist gave me the news, my focus was “Well what the hell do we do now?” He was straight forward, gave the good case, bad case choices. I first stated I was not going to be “the crusade for cancer” and they were not going to make a “human toaster” out of me. Felt better saying it at least.

But then I thought about an old joke, about the man that was caught in the flood. An SUV came by to offer him help when the water was at his porch, but he said, “No, God will take care of me.” Then he was on the second floor and a row boat came by to rescue him. “No, God will take care of me.” He is now on the roof and a helicopter hovers to help him, “No, God will take care of me.” When he drowns and is at the pearly gates he asks God, “I thought you would take care of me?” God replied, “I sent you an SUV, a rowboat and a helicopter. What more could I do?”

So I realized I must take advantage of all the medical resources out there to give myself every chance to beat this awful disease. Any energy I want to spend on good things, not what if it hadn�t happened, or why me? There is no answer to that question and it is a waste of my time. If my days are numbered as I said before, I am thankful for EVERY single one that I am able to be up and around and enjoy some of my passions in life. We are all born dying…at least I have a clue, I could have been in an accident and it all could have gone away instantly.

And I am sure you will all enjoy this tale. I am in the doctor�s office; he has just explained the depth of my disease and recommended immediate surgery. I am sitting cross-legged on the exam table. Mind you this Doctor is a mild mannered man of Middle Eastern descent. He is wonderful. I suddenly burst out with, “God D##N it. I just ordered a $15,000.00 horse trailer and I will be hanged if I am not going to haul my horse around in it. I haven�t even taken delivery on it yet.” Well isn�t it interesting the “important” things that come to mind at interesting times? His response was, “Well it is important to have a positive outlook.” And as they say the rest is history.

It was asked the particulars of my symptoms. I certainly would be glad to share and will email if you would like. This might not be the “forum” for all of that. I also have been doing a broadcast email progress report to my friends now and then, saves telling the same story over and over and over…if you want on the list just email me and I will put you on the list.

One last thing, with the grace of the Mayo Clinic, I can�t say enough praise for them, do not fear chemo therapy. The medical technology and chemistry is amazing today. They prepare to counter side effects to minimize the discomfort. I can honestly say from both chemo treatments and the last one was 3 days in a row of 2 � hour infusions, I have only felt like I had a bad case of flu and took meds for the nausea and haven�t lost the cookies yet.

Love to you all and we will be keeping in touch!

I’m sending you a cyber infusion of strength, courage and faith. All the pieces for healing are in place; commit yourself to healing and it will happen. We are ALL sending energy your way and MY! isn’t that curbchain jangling getting LOUD!. Goddess bless you, your husband and Bud.

~Kryswyn~
“Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo”

Although I had never met her in person, but did enjoy talking with her through this bb.

Having had many family members pass due to cancer, my heart goes out to her family and friends for time to pass quickly and the memory of her to always burn bright.

Well it seems having just read Heidi’s “family” thread and Louise mentioning the missing BB’ers, I will now share what I have been going through. Haven’t known how to break it.

I really haven’t been posting much since November. DeeDee(Dublin) picked up on it around Christmas. I was diagnosed with stomach cancer the first of November. I had surgery the latter of November. It turned out to NOT be a surgical situation. I have been going to the Mayo clinic in Scottsdale once a month for chemo therapy. Going Feb 11 for the third go round. Chemo has NOT been awful, few side effects, did lose the hair last week though.

So much for the bad news. Here is the good news. I really feel very good. I get winded, but I am in no pain and not on any pain medication. I am working about 3 days a week as I feel like it. But the best part is I AM STILL RIDING.

My horse is the most wonderful guy. After standing around for weeks at a time, and I yank him out, tack him up and away we go. Of course both of us can’t trot more than two 20 meter circles in a row without getting winded, so it works out great. The best part is when I am up on Bud, I am not sick. It is the best therapy of all.

I am on oxygen when I do anything that is exerting (so far housework is not on my list). So I made them give me the really small portable tanks and rigged a backpack so I could ride with it. We have our priorities after all. After Bud got used to the entire racket from the zipper pulls and the fabric going swish swish, he was fine with it. I am engineering some sort of cantle bag now for my dressage saddle for the canister. I tried it on my western saddle like a bedroll and it worked great. I just can’t get that hulky saddle on my 17 hand horse by myself. (see attached pictures from last Sunday)

My husband is a saint. He has been there every minute for me. Even took delivery on my special ordered Trail-et horse trailer in December. We have only used it once, but it is the greatest. I am looking forward to many more trips in it!

So gang that is where I have been. I thank God for every day I have that is pain free and I am up and at’em.

And if I may be just a tad philosophical, I might add; kiddos don’t take a day for granted. The prognosis is not real good but I am only 51, and by God I am not done yet. I have many more people to terrorize, don’tcha know.

And to LordHelpus(Pam) I would love to hear from you again. I will try to find your email. Small world huh?

Hugs to all of you, Kath
My email is on my profile if anyone is interested in mailing.