Unlimited access >

Another New Horse - It's Bo!

Hank the Tank, because yanno… he’s gonna be… Or Tex. Or, Big Red. Growing up in my dreams I always wanted a sorrel gelding I named Big Red. :laughing:

2 Likes

I bet he’s going to be amazing.

1 Like

Big Red isn’t bad. Remember the children’s story book about an Irish Setter?

5 Likes

Unfortunately I have already had a red gelding named Red (not of my naming!). I try not to repeat.

DH insisted on having naming input (and I obliged because he happily goes along with my crazy horse-related shenanigans), so I think we are calling him Bo. :blush:

And you’re right, he is going to be a big boy once he fills back out. Yuuuuge!

9 Likes

Looks like a Slim to me.

Good for you for rescuing him.

1 Like

He’s going to be gorgeous when he’s filled out!

Look forward to watching his progress.

3 Likes

I LOVE that book! A very special teacher read it to us when I was in 2nd grade and I will still check it out from the library every so often. I need to just buy my own, I guess.

4 Likes

I remember it fondly. Even remember what the woman horseback rider was wearing in one section. Didn’t it show up on television? Perhaps Walt Disney’s weekly one-hour show?

1 Like

with the incisors straight up and down like that I would say he is young !! I wonder if chewing issue is retained caps???!? More towards 5yo than 10 from this picture

2 Likes

His marking looks like an “S” or a lightning bolt. Sam? Stuart? Simon? Harry Potter? Storm? Spark? Flash?

1 Like

Wow… so maybe not horse people and they know they can’t take care of him right. He looks like a friendly inquisitive type… and a good shoulder and bone. He’s gonna be a big boy when he fills out. Clifford the big red horse.

4 Likes

I was also going to say Clifford.

4 Likes

He was supposedly fat when the family took over… I’m guessing they just didn’t know what to do. Of course, all that could be a made up sob story, but he does seem like someone put some time and good training into him.

He is going to be huge, and lovely.

7 Likes

He has a fabulous eye. As someone said upthread, he’s a lucky horse to have landed w you. So…some form of “Lucky”:grinning:. But Bo is good, too.:wink:

3 Likes

All the big red geldings that have passed through my life were named Hank.

3 Likes

We had a monster personality of a red Quarter horse his name was Remo.

Love your new guy! Send pics when he fills out!

3 Likes

Oooh. I read that book (Sweet William), but it was very, very sad, like so many horse stories.

1 Like

Because he has little or no retrobulbar fat.

6 Likes

I think Bo is a wonderful name. Thank you for saving him. His eye looks so kind and liquid, and what an interesting infusion of blue. He is in poor shape now but looks young by his teeth. I bet you will have him bouncing back in no time.

When I was a kid I had a favorite lesson horse named Bo. He was a chestnut appendix that came to the program with some behavioral issues. Not so red as this guy but similar face markings. I got very attached to him and have lots of fond memories of that horse. He had the most kissable white snip on his nose just like your new boy.

8 Likes

Welcome home Bo! Can’t wait to see you bloom into a big red beautiful boy.

4 Likes