Unlimited access >

Another plane crash in Queens, NY!!!!!!!

Another American plane down in queens…great! don’t know details though…

Barb

My heart aches for every victim, their family and the families of all rescue personnel there and at the site of the WTCs. This area of the country has had enough pain for a lifetime and does not deserve this. I do not understand the meaning of the continued devastation, though I search for it. Their pain crowds my brain these days. SO sorry for them. I hope they all know the air they breathe is thick with love and support from people all over the world. Together we pray with and for them.

Yup I’m watching NBC. They don’t know what’s going on either. Other buildings on fire as result of crash.

I’m also thinking the President of the Red Cross may know something we don’t know: she wanted to save some of the Sept 11 Fund for “future victims”. She resigned, but alas, it seems like she might have been right.

Here we go again…I called my husband in the city and he said that something “fell” off the plane before it crashed…don’t know what that means…but I guess I won’t see him for a while…being a cop, even though he does not work in Queens, he will be in the city for a while…and of course, now, the phones arent’ working over here…“all circuits are busy”!!!

Barb

However, the FBI has been called in to review it, as well.

Engine fell off and landed separately in a gas station parking lot. It is suspected as an ACCIDENT, as it was in the most dangerous part of a flight (take-off) and if the hydrauilcs went, it could realistically blow itself apart. ANother reason it is thought to be an accident is that the bags had a 100% match to passengers (not a mail plane), and it was searched as required before take-off.

In short, this looks very similar to the Flight 877 (did I get the # correct?) that crashed into the water following take-off from JFk a few summers ago.

HOWEVER, I find it strange it happened on VETERAN’s DAY (when we honor our soldiers), that there was a warning of another attack pending, and that the crash time (9:17 a.m.) is almost the exact same time the 2nd WTC was hit (wasn’t that 9:18 a.m.?).

One really disturbing aspect of this is that NBC just announced that our military at the Pentagon found out about this crash AFTERWARDS by WATCHING THE NEWS! Can our communications REALLY be THAT BAD in the military? Yikes!

Let’s PRAY for our losses while we sit tight and see what the pros come up with.

“A society’s values are reflected in the way it treats its animals.”

Personally I think there is a fair chance a large bird was sucked into the engine, causing a failure. Possibly followed by a secondary failure and/or explosion. JFK is next door to a wildlife refuge which is home to thousands of migrating birds at this time of year, including large birds like Canadian Geese, and various Hawks and raptors, which exceed the “bird processing” quotient of jet engines (they are tested with 4 lb frozen chickens and such)

Breezy Point has a low population density compared to almost any other location a similar distance from the airport. We should count our blessings and thank the pilot.

I can’t believe it. American is probably going to go under. I am watch just like on 9-11 and wonder if other crashes are coming. All three airports are closed.

With everything that’s been happening lately, they do tend to react…but they most likely know something we don’t know!

Barb

they are SPECULATING an accident…
the aviation experts on the news are just saying that take-off is the most likely time for a catastrophic failure of some kind and this flight was on take-off.
That’s all they are saying so far.

charter member BEQS Clique & Invisible Poster Clique

www.herbal-nutrition.net/members/Barbara

I think everyone is hoping it was accidental, as sad as that is to say… and the media has done a good job of keeping the use of the “t word” low…

However, just heard some news on ABC that is fairly disturbing-- due to the fact that there are three crash sites, it suggests that there was an internal explosion that caused the plane to come apart. Especially as wings are very tough and it would take a huge amount of force to blow them apart. Also odd that there was no mayday call from the pilot.

Then again, we can’t really speculate this early on. who really knows what happened.

So very sad. nearly 300 more people.

NYC didn’t need this, neither did the airline industry…

It always concerns me that a multi million dollar aircraft can be taken down by a bird or a device I bought from Radio Shack (cell phone) hmmm… People please bear in mind I’m using a sense of humor here, trying to keep things light. Do not explain to me the damage that these things can do. I’m just trying to do what I do best, lightening things up. This helps me be calm.

marion

“Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark.”
~ Galloway Gypsy Proverb

NBC reporting that Newark, JFK, and La Guardia closed airports.

Perhaps, but I thought they said on the tv news that there haven’t been any commercial airliners crash INSIDE the U.S. (from non terrorist issues) in an awfully long time. I’m sure it’s a reaction to 9-11, but I don’t really blame them.

They’re now saying that there was an explosion where the wing meets the fuselage of the plane before it went down.

247 passengers… 9 crew.

If Dressage is a Symphony… Eventing is Rock & Roll!

If an accident…you would THINK that they would be checking these planes over with a fine toothed comb!!! There were 250 people on board for God’s sakes!!! 250 more people had to die!! I pray that this was an accident…but I am sure we’ll know soon enough!

Barb

Wow, just put the news on. Actually I work for Ironworkers #33 in Rochester, NY and have guys in here from the WTC job with pictures, now this

Deb413

Would you get on a plane out of a NY airport having seen all the news on all the TV’s around the airport?

Why not err on the side of caution for once? And this would allow all resources to immediately investigate the current situation.

We can all hope and pray it is not a related incident. But oh so tragic none the less.

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

Until they have a handle on the situation and what’s happened they ALWAYS shut down airspace.

Was disgusted when driving to barn as local radio station personality basically lost his mind and was talking about all the terrorism. People were calling the radio station to tell him to chill out. I’m surprised me didn’t cause panic in the city – he was nuts. Luckily he’s a really bad DJ so nobody really listens to him, I just heard him when flipping trying to find news.

Where in Queens… anyone know?