Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

Yeah, we all settled down pretty quick with Future Star horses.

And as one would expect, of the cast of 14, some names I liked better than others but theyā€™ll run the same regardless of what their name is :slight_smile:

Getting excited as a few are slowly getting close to running. Yes, some are later bloomers than others which is to be expected but those 9 (10?) months have been a long time coming.

I also have four individuals from the Future Stars bundle. :slight_smile: (Yes, doubling down, hedging my bets, whatever you want to call it but I have more ā€˜proprietaryā€™ interest in these 4 than in the other 10 :slight_smile: ).

2 Likes

I have 26 and I have my eye on Magical Ways.

Alert: New horse available! Salute to America (American Freedom - Salute to Summer, by Colonel John) bay colt, bred by Stonegate Stables. New York bred. $273/share for a 0.1% share.

Can you really buy in?

Iā€™m not going to personally buy in to that one. I donā€™t have the spare change. :joy: The most Iā€™ve done is for Co Cola. Iā€™m not going over $100 again because Iā€™m a stingy chick.

He is showing available under ā€œBuyā€ right now though.

1 Like

It just took a while for the ā€˜Buyā€™ to show up and he didnā€™t go through the Indicate Interest Phase.

1 Like

Uncarbonated? :rofl:

2 Likes

I missed the living running but Going to Vegas made up for Frosted Oats finishing last in her debut at Saratoga yesterday.

Going to Vegas ran smartly in an Allowance Optional Claiming 1 1/8m turf race today, Race 3 at Del Mar on the opening day card. Yeah, it was an Allowance but sheā€™s place in other graded stakes races so nice to know her ability is still there.

Yay!! Also set a record for the number of MRH owners in the winners circle photo

5 Likes

Commonwealth (WinStar) offered $50 shares in Country Grammer on Thursday. Sold out in 90 minutes. Horse comes up with an ankle injury the next morning. Glad I passed on that one.

That was a lucky ā€˜saveā€™ for sureā€¦

Wonder if weā€™ll see Country Grammer on the track again.

Thatā€™s why most of these microshare syndicates in the past failed to take off. Horses will be horses and they didnā€™t have deep pockets behind them. People stop supporting you pretty quickly when the horses arenā€™t running.

A see a couple more horses are up for buy-ins.
I didnā€™t get a notice or early buy-in option this time or with the last couple new horses.
They just show up on the buy page :woman_shrugging:

I suspect because they have so many shares currently available they donā€™t feel any new additions will sell out quickly so no need to advertise them.

I wonder if they have hit their over saturation point.

Iā€™ve had that thought. I looked at one of the recent auctions (not last fall but this spring) and saw a few horses that they bought but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen them offered for sale.

I just wish these horses would stop be horses :wink:

Collusion Illusion scratched from the Bing Crosby G1 this morning due to grabbing a quarter yesterday and not being 100% today :frowning:

Darn. I was hoping heā€™d win for you.

1 Like

I was sad about Collusion Illusion too. I think I read he grabbed a quarter. But they were pretty open about him not being at peak form yet after the layoff. So maybe its a good thing

I am one of Collusion Illusionā€™s owners. Glatt said that he did grab a quarter on Friday. They worked on the quarter overnight. Saturday morning Glatt, partners (MRH, not any of us owners) and California state vet decided best to scratch. Glatt felt that Collusion Illusion was not 100% with the grabbed quarter. I have not seen anywhere that Glatt or the connections felt that Collusion Illusion was not 100% before grabbing a quarter. Possibly, yes and the quarter was an excuse, but I havenā€™t seen any confirmation that this was the case.

We could have attempted to run, but to return off a layoff in a Grade 1 and not be 100% was not in best interest of the horse.

Late edit: TVG just interviewed Glatt about Dr Schivel and also Collusion Illusion. Friday, Collusion Illusion grabbed a quarter. Yesterday morning early he was ok on it but later in the morning, Glatt felt it was stinging Collusion Illusion a bit (stabbing his toe). With above parties, reached the decision to scratch.

Future plansā€¦ possibly the Pat Oā€™Brien, Gr. II, later in the meet. Also possible to look for a turf race. Collusion Illusion doesnā€™t like kickback which means any time heā€™s in an inside post on the dirt, he ends up with the kickback. Turf would avoid that problem.

Dr. Schivelā€¦ future plans also unclear. Sounds like Glatt doesnā€™t want to ship Dr Schivel back east and then back to Del Mar for the BC.

Yea Iā€™m an owner too. They were trying to run him on the turf before the G1. I dont mean to say he wasnā€™t 100% physically but going straight to the Bing Crosby wasnā€™t plan A

I know the Bing Crosby GrI wasnā€™t plan A but with the limited horse pool in So Cal, despite the Ship In Win program, desired races donā€™t fill.

Glatt said he would try to charm the track secretary to write an Allowance on turf for Collusion Illusion and Mike Joy (I think it was) said the problem would be getting it to fill and Glatt laughs and say you only need 5 :slight_smile:

So, IMO, not sure we will see Collusion Illusion in another Gr1 unless it is a GrI on turf. The sprinter division is pretty strong and I think Collusion Illusion could win a Gr I but not if he pulls an inside post (just my opinion).