Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

Got Stormy wins her second Fourstardave in nice fashion!!

4 Likes

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/usa/sar/2021/8/14/10/fourstardave-h-g1t

Well done!

1 Like

Got Stormy looked like a powerhouse. No question she was the best of the field.

Whootā€¦ Infinite Empire in Race 1 at Del Mar, sent off at not the favorite and probably not expected to win (thinking more a two turn horse as she matures), 2nd!!

For me, tomorrow in the Green Flash G3 at Del Mar, Collusion Illusion will try turf for the first time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Forbidden Kingdom (American Pharoah) just broke his maiden at Del Mar and Tizamagician is in the Pacific Classic today! After Infinite Empire (yay!!) and Forbidden Kingdom, Iā€™m feeling pretty good about Tizamagician today and Collusion Illusion tomorrow!

1 Like

I wasnā€™t trying to downplay Forbidden Kingdom - he was sold out during early access before I had a chance to buy in :frowning:

Infinite Empire (part of Future Stars Stable) and Collusion Illusion I do own parts of. Still excited to see Forbidden Kingdom cross that wire in first!

So far, a good day for MRH, Spendthrift and Papa Mandella. B Wayne Hughes had so many good things! I am sure heā€™s watching.

Now, on to Tizamagician (neither Infinite Empire or Forbidden Kingdom were the odds on favorites) and then Collusion Illusion tomorrow!

I didnā€™t take it as downplaying at all. Iā€™m just trying to include all of the MRH horses so we can all celebrate them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And Tizamagician wraps up a stellar day for MRH with a 2nd place in the Pacific Classic to Tripoli (who is awfully pretty).

Iā€™m thinking Collusion Illusion maybe doesnā€™t like turf? He was really never in the race.

Seventh of eight in the Green Flash, Race 8 today at Del Mar.

Post race interview with Pratt seemed to sound like maybe 5f too short, 6 or 6 1/2f better and maybe go back to dirt. Said around the turn he lost his action.

Yeah, that was a clunker. To be fair, he needed a race. Hopefully he came out of the race fresh and can turn around and run back quickly.

Clunker is sure one word to describe it. :rofl:

I just worry when a horse has a bad race how much it affects their mind and attitude.

Wonder where Glatt will point him nextā€¦ hopefully not 5f on turf :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But the post race from Gary (?) Mandella on Saturdayā€™s runners was very positiveā€¦ sounded happy with how all three raced and came out of their races.

Because Forbidden Kingdom won, no more Maiden races for him :slight_smile:

How common is it to put a horse in a turf race when heā€™s never trained on that surface? I realize you donā€™t know if heā€™ll be good at it until you try, but it just seems a big ask.

Problem is the turf courses often arenā€™t open for training. Those little ā€œbull pensā€ get chewed up easily with too much traffic. Thatā€™s part of the reason itā€™s so challenging to manage turf horses in the US: limited access to the surface at most tracks for both racing and training.

Iā€™m not too discouraged by Collusion Illusionā€™s performance. He looked like a duck out of water. I was honestly confused why he was bet down so low given the circumstances.

2 Likes

Because of the MRH Effect. Thousands of owners all betting on one horse will drop those odds real quick.

Heā€™s definitely not a turf horse, thatā€™s for sure. Hopefully thereā€™s a nice soft allowance sprint somewhere he can get a confidence booster.

While that plays a small part, Iā€™m not so sure itā€™s strictly MRH influence. There was $15M wagered on Del Mar yesterday. I donā€™t think thousands of $30 microshare holders were making a dent in that.

1 Like

I wasnā€™t discouraged either. Glatt figured it was a ā€˜try it and seeā€™ after Collusion Illusion had to scratch out of the Bing Crosby G1 a few weeks ago with a grabbed quarter. Now he knows turf is probably not Collusion Illusionā€™s game. Iā€™m not an expert and I was even thinking after about a furlong that Collusion Illusion wasnā€™t a turf horse :slight_smile:

Iā€™m with Texarkana on this one. I suspect that MRH share owners played a small part in his odds but he was already pretty low in the morning line odds and that is an educated guess.

I was surprised to see that Collusion Illusion has 25000 shares sold given that MRH is only a 25% stake owner (and Spendthrift is not part of this partnership). (I just went and checked; I bought into Collusion Illusion because I wanted a horse that was racingā€¦ all my September 2020 babies were still learning how to be race horses :rofl: )

Glatt will find a good race for Collusion Illusion, I have no doubt, and I am pretty sure it will be on dirt.

1 Like

Another last place finish for a first time starter with Regal Rebel (Tiznow - Queen Amira). She bled and it appears she didnā€™t like the dirt kick up. Poor girl.

Looking at the website and thereā€™s some new yearlings on there.

Colt, Quality Road - Song of Bernadette, by Bernardini. Half brother to CATHOLIC BOY.

Who Runs the World, Filly, Quality Road - Lucy N Ethel, by During (Lucy N Ethel won the Prioress and Old Hat S).

Tufnel, Filly, Into Mischief - Count to Eleven, by Grand Slam. Half sister to 5 winners.

Classic Cut, Colt, Empire Maker - Bluejeans, by Ghostzapper. Dam is unraced and it looks like this is her first foal. From the family of Stronger Than Ever.

Filly, Justify - Essential Rose, by Bernardini. Dam is unraced. Filly is a half sister to stakes winner Roseā€™s Vision (Better Talk Now S). Dam is a half sister to stakes winner Essential Edge.

I donā€™t see them on the ā€˜Buyā€™ page nowā€¦

These are the acquisitions from Saratoga August sale plus the Quality Road colt which appears to be a private sale.

Oh, and the Into Mischief filly RicketyRacketyRuss 20 is not on the above list.

I have seen a few times when a horse(s) shows up on Buy for a very short period of time. I think itā€™s when theyā€™re getting ready to list but not there yetā€¦