Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

Yeah, they’re on the “Stable” page but not in the Buy Now part.

That’s interesting - and yes, those are what I was, at some point, expecting because they are horses (with one exception) that were sold at the FT August sale at Saratoga.

I just looked in Stable and don’t see these horses either???

You saw these on the MyRacehorse website? I’m not seeing these listed anywhere on there.

“Filly, Justify - Essential Rose, by Bernardini. Dam is unraced. Filly is a half sister to stakes winner Rose’s Vision (Better Talk Now S). Dam is a half sister to stakes winner Essential Edge”

I saw a list of those yearlings, too. Can’t find it now. I remember because I was interested in this filly.

Edited: I think this is where they were, but it is empty now. On the Stable page, scroll all the way to the right. Browse our recent acquisitions.

1 Like

Yes! They were under the Stable link, all the way to the right. I was looking to see if there were entries this weekend outside of my own horses and found them.

If you didn’t update your Stable view, they’d still show up. They are not there now. Clicking new Acquisitions just takes me to the Buy page.

MRH’s website sometimes leaves little to be desired, IMO. If you click the tab you are on again, it doesn’t update the page, you have to navigate away and come back. I’ve also seen in the past, horses show up on the Buy page for a brief period of time and then gone again.

My personal guess is that in the next few days (a week? a few days?) these horses will re-appear officially on the Buy page and MRH was just fiddling with their updates yesterday when you caught them.

However, interesting to see the proposed list. One must have been a private sale, Song of Bernadette 20. He was a NRA at $685,000.

Also one MRH bought that wasn’t listed, RicketyRacketyRuss 20 by Into Mischief.

Will be interesting to see the offering details when these horses are listed.

We’ve also got KEESEP21 coming up and I know MRH will be in the game there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Didn’t someone here buy a share in the Flatter colt out of Co Cola (now named Search Engine)? We saw him yesterday morning at the track and wow is he a handsome colt. He looks like he could be a powerhouse like his sister (Search Results).

1 Like

I think more than myself but yes, I have share(s) (I refuse to admit any number). He is a handsome colt but videos don’t always do them justice. Hoping he outperforms his sister (Search Results). MRH is good at giving owners updates… sometimes just a few sentences but often videos.

Thanks for your opinion on what you saw! :partying_face:

BTW, been ‘watching’ Zing’s workouts (she’s in my Equibase stable). She looks good. Also been seeing a few Asterns out at Del Mar and they look to be performing well!

PS - Sounds like they’ve been working on getting Search Engine to relax in the gate. No word yet on when his first start might be.

1 Like

Today, Going to Vegas in the John C Mabee GII, Race 9 at Del Mar. (Bit of a step up in class for her so we’ll see how she does and being ridden by one of the Del Mar best, Flavian Pratt)

Tomorrow, Social Dilemma in a Allowance, Race 7 at Kentucky Downs. (Looking forward to this one!)

Monday, Lookwhogotlucky in his maiden start in a MSW, Race #4 at Monmouth Park. (May not be his best distance but they all have to start somewhere.)

2 Likes

OMG! Going to Vegas had a perfect ride from Flavien Pratt. She won! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Next, I believe, the current thought is the Rodeo Drive Stakes G1 at Santa Anita on October 2. That’s a BC Win and You’re In race

6 Likes

Here’s the replay;https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/usa/dmr/2021/9/4/9/john-c-mabee-s-g2t

Wow. Well done!

4 Likes

Social Dilemma today at Kentucky Downs not as successful.

Track was yielding and I don’t know what she thought about the softer turf. Big field (12?) and Kentucky Downs is so much like what you see in Europe… not an oval and it has ups and downs, not flat. She ended up fairly wide and did move up but not enough. Colby Hernandez thought she’d like a longer distance.

On to Lookwhogotlucky tomorrow at Monmouth Park :slight_smile:

I had been interested in the Tapit colt (from Ocala sale) that was going to Bill Mott, I believe. I don’t see him among the shares for sale, so am assuming that he sold out. I know that at least one person had a share or two of him, and I was just wondering how he was doing and what his name was. Can anybody fill me in? Thanks.

Great to hear about the ones that are running currently. Keep up the news.

I think you’re talking about Tap the Gavel? It’s been over a week without an update on him, but the updates make him sound very professional. He’s done several 4F workouts recently.

He’s so handsome and just the right size (for me); if he completely fails at racing I’d be right in line repurpose him. Probably an awful reason to invest in a horse, but hey, I love the videos and photos!

2 Likes

Good memory (better than mine for sure :slight_smile: ).

Yes, Tap the Gavel. I would be expecting another update this week as it sounds like he is making good progress. He’s currently at Belmont and most of the focus is still at Saratoga. He did have a posted 4f breeze from the gate on Friday. 9/3. He’s had a total of six posted works at Belmont on the dirt track, two from the gate and one not (and three on the dirt training track). Each one has been slightly quicker than the last.

1 Like

I have a share in him, so that’s good to hear. From the updates he looks like one who might be quite successful.

I also have shares in Tap the Gavel. He seems to be working regularly with one of their other colts, Magical Ways, who I also ended up buying a share in :laughing: He’s a looker, but I feel like he might be a bit slower to mature.

2 Likes

The “Fasig Select 6” yearlings are up and available to indicate interest on now.

1 Like

I didn’t see a ‘bundle’ price, only individual, but there are incentives that I didn’t read too deeply yet that pay off if any of these win(?)).

At this point, you can only Indicate Interest. Shares will be offered for sale based on when you indicate interest. Indicating interest does not imply that you will purchase shares.

I’m already “interested” in all of them!

I realized I don’t have any fillies currently. That needs to be fixed. :smile: