Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

Thanks for the detailed answer. It certainly explains where your feelings come from and very understandable!!

MRH’s offerings say who any partnerships are in the Offering text so you have full disclosure as not all MRH acquisitions are in partnership with Spendthrift. Many are but some are solely owned by MRH and some are in partnership with others. What I like is the ‘full disclosure’ part… the only offering I’ve seen changed was Iron Works and his trainer.

1 Like

I have to admit, when I heard about Chase and Commonwealth I wasn’t thrilled just because it’s been so long since I’ve even heard his name and with my past with him, but I’ve since cooled down and let it go, but I wasn’t happy about the memories just flooding back. Absolutely, I don’t know the difference (technical differences, such as transparency, visits, etc) between Commonwealth and MRH, but I like how transparent MRH is with the horses. Have you seen there new offerings yet? I’m trying to budget myself on the horses I buy into, but MRH isn’t helping with that at all!

Country Grammer is a Commonwealth/Winstar horse.

1 Like

TVG.com online shows Churchill and I’ve watched Saratoga and Del Mar too. You have the option to “Watch TVG” which is the television broadcast; or, from the race card page “Watch live” which is simply the direct feed from that particular track (no TVG personalities talking or flipping to other tracks). The track’s own video feed is separate from NBC or Fox Sports, and seems to always be available even if the race is shown on cable TV.

Each time I log in to TVG it asks what state I’m in. I’m in FL and tvg.com wagering is legal, so no issues here. If you aren’t betting, would TVG allow you to “say” you are in FL for purposes of watching only?

I might check out if the TVG app on my Roku will show Belmont and Churchill. I hadn’t thought of that… this having to skip all over is a PITA. Interesting that the 'TV TVG can’t show some of the feeds but the internet TVG can. :roll_eyes:

Just got done writing down which race, where and when for tomorrow. I have two :slight_smile: (Frosted Oats and Search Engine).

I checked…

I could see at least Churchill Downs (I think it was) on TVG2 on my Roku.

I could see both Churchill Downs and Belmont on FS2 - I’ll have to check tomorrow to confirm I can see CD on TVG2 as Search Engine’s race will most likely be run after FS2 goes to the football game :roll_eyes: Frosted Oats’ race at Belmont will be plenty early on FS2.

Frosted Oats was a pretty decent second today! I still think she should be on turf instead of dirt, but still nice to see her move up a placing!

On to Search Results in the 4th at Churchill!

1 Like

I love her name.

2 Likes

The post race interview with Junior would also agree with you… he also feels turf is the place for her. Said he felt she didn’t get much out of her first race but improved in this race. I know I was happy with how she ran.

But Mott said before the race that she had dirt breeding but maybe he’ll try turf again with what Junior said.

He finished 5th. I know I was hoping for better but overall I though he ran a nice race for his first race.

MRH caught the tail end (couldn’t hear much) of James Graham talking to what sounded like MRH owners and most of Amoss’s talk with the same MRH owners. What I got out of the video was mostly Amoss trying to explain why Search Engine didn’t finish better :roll_eyes: . I know before the race (a few days ago) Amoss said he felt Search Engine will be a two turn horse but he needed to have a ‘first race’. I thought Search Engine ran well, got some kickback and it didn’t back him off, he was both inside and outside of horses at times. He ran mid-pack for most of the race and just didn’t have a closing punch. Amoss sounded happy with how Search Engine did and was trying to explain to the owners why every MRH horse doesn’t win everytime they are loaded in the gate :joy:

2 Likes

I was really impressed with how well Search Engine loaded and broke considering he’d been anxious about the gate pretty recently! I’ll count that as a success for the 0.01% I own. I hope they’ll share what sort of “things” they’ll add to his training after seeing how he handled his first race.

1 Like

I think SE got a great learning experience from this race that will help him next time out.

Santa Anita Sprint Championship… whoot :partying_face: MRH will have two in the gate (and WMW has one of them, Collusion Illusion :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

The nominations for the Grade 2 Santa Anita Sprint Championship to be run at Santa Anita on Oct. 2nd were released today and MyRacehorse is represented by two of the 11 colts and geldings nominated to the 6 furlong dirt race.

Both Collusion Illusion and Vertical Threat are targeting the Santa Anita Sprint.

The $200,000 Santa Anita Sprint Championship is a “Win and You’re In” for the Grade 1 Breeders’ Cup Sprint to be run at Del Mar on Nov. 6th. This means the winner of the Santa Anita Sprint will receive an all-expense paid berth to the Sprint. With the entry fees associated with running in the $2 million Sprint costing $60,000, this is a considerable perk for the connections of the winner of the Santa Anita Sprint.

As long as he’s not on the inside he should be ok. He fizzled in a workout today (or yesterday?) because he was stuck on the inside of working horses. Glatt wasn’t happy.

I saw that. They can’t control the post position but this didn’t come as a surprise. Glatt knows Collusion Illusion doesn’t like to be on the inside.

1 Like

Here is a replay of Frosted Oat’s race https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/usa/bel/2021/9/18/6/race-6-msw-at-bel-on-9-18-21

2 Likes

Looks like some time off for Frosted Oats.

I do not understand Gmail sometimes…

I looked at my Inbox and a specific email was not there. I ‘searched’ on the from (my racehorse) and got a ton of emails labeled Inbox (most of the emails in the list I had moved to a different folder (or whatever it’s called) but that other folder name doesn’t show up as a label on the emails.

To top it off (and this is the real I don’t get it) there was an email that was timestamped this afternoon that was labeled Inbox but, after some searching, was in Promotions. ?? It was email that I would really like to have seen. I think this is how I’ve missed some emails with Early Access information… they’ve ended up someplace else (Promotions?) and not the Inbox that I see.

On top of which an order confirmation that I’d ordered as guest showed up in Promotions and not Inbox.

Why do some emails from MRH really go to my Inbox while other emails end up in Promotions?

But, MRH has nice representation on opening weekend for Santa Anita (next weekend).

Friday, Forbidden Kingdom in the G1 American Pharoah which is a Win and You’re In for the BC Juvenile
Saturday, Tizamagician in the G1 Awesome Again Stakes.
Saturday, Going to Vegas in the G1 Rodeo Drive Stakes.
Saturday, Vertical Threat and Collusion Illusion in the G2 Sprint Championship.
Sunday, Lane Way in Level-1 Allowance.

1 Like

TDN is showing Americas day at the races on their website.

2 Likes

Life is Good is about to run in the Kelso. TDN is showing America’s Day at the races online live. No sign up.

A Mo Reay officially pointed at the Frizette and will be entered when they take entries. Coming up against a tough field, but her maiden was impressive, even as a loss. Hopefully she’ll move forward off it.