Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

Tap the Gavel is on his way from Belmont to Saratoga to get some turf works in.

From MRH

Speaking with Bill Mott this morning, he said it would be nice to have Tap the Gavel in Saratoga to work him on the turf. He said his rolling motion and higher knee action indicates he would take to the grass well.

2 Likes

From MRH regarding A Mo Reay

A Mo Reay worked this morning over the Oklahoma training track in Saratoga. Working for the second week with stablemate and fellow Frizette possible, Jester Calls Nojoy, the 2-year-old pair of fillies covered a half-mile in 49.51. Tristan Barry, the Saratoga based assistant to Todd Pletcher, was very happy with the work but thought she had galloped out a bit better last week. Todd will be in Saratoga tomorrow morning and will make a final decision on running in the Frizette after checking to make sure A Mo Reay came out of the work in good order. Todd said he is inclined to run due to the short field and plenty of pace for A Mo Reay to run into. We will have another update when she is confirmed to run.

Todd did mention in an earlier update that even if A Mo Reay didn’t win in the Frizette, a good finish would still give her some black type.

1 Like

Collusion Illusion, post 6, and Vertical Threat, post 2 in the Santa Anita Sprint Championship G1, Saturday, Race 8.

Going to Vegas, post 4 of 8, in the Rodeo Drive G1, Saturday at Santa Anita, Race 9 on the Hillside Turf Course (whoo-hoo, it’s back and I love watching races down the hillside). She’s got her work cut out for her as it is a nice field of fillies.

Tizamagician, post 1, in the Awesome Again G1, Saturday at Santa Anita, Race 10. Baffert will be taking a swing with Medina Spirit after pulling from the Pennsylvania Derby last weekend :roll_eyes:

A Mo Reay will be racing in the Frizette G1 at Belmont Park on Sunday. Pletcher must really believe in her as this will be only her second start and she’s still a maiden. Nice article about this Uncle Mo filly in TDN
https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/second-chances-uncle-mo-filly-earns-spot-in-frizette-off-strong-debut-third/

5 Likes

I did read the article, I promise! But the first thing I noticed was the apparently exposed overhead bulb in the filly’s stall. :open_mouth:
I haven’t been on the Belmont backside; is that typical of most of their barns?

I forgot (since I don’t own him)

Forbidden Kingdom runs tomorrow, Friday, in the Speakeasy Stakes on Santa Anita’s opening day, a Win and You’re In for the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint!

1 Like

I got this update earlier. A gut punch, and I fervently hope it’s not either. Better EPM than Wobbler though.

1 Like

MRH posted this update

None of the babies that some of us bought into either KEESEP20 or any of the 2YO in training sales but a rich day at Santa Anita today. 4 stakes races and I believe all four are Win and You’re In for BC races.

Race 8, Santa Anita Sprint Championship GII 6f
Vertical Threat, ML 6/1
Collusion Illusion, ML 4/1
Dr Schivel is not MRH but is the ML favorite at 2/1

Race 9, Rodeo Drive GI 10f on turf (down the hill, yay, it’s back!!)
Going to Vegas, ML 5/2 and the ML favorite

Race 10, Awesome Again GI 9f
Tizamagician, ML 4/1
Medina Spirit, ML favorite at 5/2

Race 11, John Henry Turf Championship GII 10f on turf
No MRH horses but United will be running and is the ML favorite at 5/2

Going to Vegas going to the Breeders Cup! :heart:

3 Likes

I am only a MRH owner of Going to Vegas (one of 5100 shares :slight_smile: ) but I couldn’t be more proud of this filly.

The ‘down’ side is she is not nominated for the Breeder’s Cup (what on earth were her breeders thinking). Her entry is paid for but the partnership must pay to nominate her ($100,000).

There is also a kicker in her purchase agreement that if she wins a G1 (she just did), the partnership owes the previous owners $100,000.

But, based on what was said to the MRH owners, if she won today, she would most likely have the nomination fee paid.

She likes Del Mar (where the John C Mabee Stakes GII was run that she won).

Got my fingers crossed as the BC Fillies and Mares Turf will be another step up in class for her!

3 Likes

Replay here https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/usa/sa/2021/10/2/9/rodeo-drive-s-g1t

2 Likes

Collusion Illusion never got into the Santa Anita Sprint Championship but

Dr Shivel ran a great race and Flavien Prat had one heck of a ride. Dr Shivel broke from the rail, was in the lead with Abel Cedillo on his outside. About the 5/8ths pole, the right rein came loose. Flavien rode the rest of the race with a left rein and his whip (good argument for allowing whips
).

2 Likes

Replay here https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/usa/sa/2021/10/2/8/santa-anita-sprint-championship-s-g2

2 Likes

On to the Frizette tomorrow at Belmont for A Mo Reay.

1 Like

He is that good of a jock. Well done.

2 Likes

In Nick Hine’s analysis of the Frizette today there was a brief mention that Lane Way (also MRH) is in race 4 at Santa Anita following the ultimate equipment change :wink:

2 Likes

Did A Mo Reay get up for third?

No one was catching Echo Zulu. What a filly!

I don’t think, I think she was further back than that.

I liked that on the far turn it looked like she got checked along the rail but re-rallied.

Echo Zulu, I would agree maybe the best 2YO regardless of gender!

Nice win by Lane Way in the 4th at Santa Anita! (I know we have at least one owner here :slight_smile: ) :partying_face: