Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

I’m getting them all on Facebook, but you could also just google them. It’s a breeding farm/pinhooking outfit that is promising to introduce people to that glamorous world of thoroughbred racing–just buy some shares…

I am not seeing them on FB but I also don’t follow any MRH stuff on FB. I do see some TB related postings but not MRH and not the one you mentioned.

Nope. Never even heard of them, & I follow MRH & all my individual horses pages.

Or…maybe I’m just SPESHUL.

2 Likes

Is someone else capitalizing on Going to Vegas’ recent success on the track (as I’m not yet :slight_smile: ).

Going to Vegas has been entered in the FT November breeding stock sale; getting entered in the sale is important, she can always be withdrawn before the sale if need be. The share holders know this.

Me, if she kicks *ss in the BC Filly & Mare Turf at Del Mar, I’d be ok if she went through the sales ring. You don’t know the value of a horse until the hammer falls (or RNA). If the partnership holds on to her hoping she’ll hold this form through her 5YO year, I just don’t know that I think that would happen. If she ends up going through the sale and sells with a nice price, I’d be thinking I’ll miss her on the track but she’s already given me a ride I don’t know that I’ll see from another one of ‘my’ horses… a G1 win?? I’ll take it!

Her dam, Hard to Resist, has been supplement entered in the same sale. Going to Vegas’ recent black type additions to the pedigree surely don’t hurt.

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/dam-of-going-to-vegas-headlines-early-fasig-november-supplements/

3 Likes
1 Like

My small 3 horse ‘stable’ is not running in races yet. But since Tap the Gavel was unimpressive as a dirt runner, they are trying him as a turf horse, but I am pretty sure he really just wants to be my next dressage prospect. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Funny, I was just watching that last update from him and thinking that he wants to be my next eventer lol. Lazy and the perfect size/shape for me!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Get your piggy banks ready…

If you have indicated interest in any of the Fasig-Tipton “Select Six” from the fall weenling sale, the Early Access window times have been announced. The overall window starts at 9:00am Pacific next Monday.

Your actual time slot (you should have received email so look for it) is dependent on when you indicated interest. There is no guarantee that because you indicated interest that shares will be available for purchase. (Happened to me last fall… I indicated interest in two of the three from last year’s FT, my window opened, I tried to buy and both were sold out :frowning: ).

:partying_face:

2 Likes

Can not wait!

1 Like

Sad news for one of the horses.

1 Like

Sad for him. :cry:

He was one of mine.

1 Like

What’s the prognosis for wobblers in general? Are they no longer rideable at all? Or is there a way to manage symptoms? He was one of my favorite 2 year olds, first horse I bought 2 shares in, although I’m glad they are looking for a good home for him.

From what I’ve read, it progresses as they grow because it’s a narrowing of the spinal canal. So since he’s not done growing I would guess it would get worse. Prognosis is probably a really pretty pasture pony.

That’s so depressing, he seemed like such a sweetheart from the glimpses we got of him.. He’s so young too.

Early Access time! Just snagged Song of Bernadette 20 and Classic Cut, the Empire Maker Colt.

2 Likes

I indicated interest but don’t have the buy option yet . . . do I just keep checking back periodically?

It depends on when you indicated interest. You should receive an email with when you can start.

1 Like

Your early access window will depend on if you are a) already a MRH shareholder and b) when you indicated interest.

The earlier you indicate interest, the earlier your early access window is. You should have received email last Friday with your early access window. Yes, they will also send email when your window opens but you should already know when that is.

2 Likes

Does anyone with a race horse trained eye have a suggestion for these yearlings? I snagged a share in Song of B. 20, but wanted to grab a share in another one. I typically like a horse based on the female family, but I’d love to hear if someone else likes one of these others!