Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

Corrected my phrasing.

1 Like

Keen, on the bit, ready to go.

This weekend is going to be busy!

Search Engine in the 4th at Churchill on the 31st.
A Mo Reay entered tomorrow in the 5th as a MTO entrant at Belmont Park.
Chasing Time in the 3rd at Churchill on the 31st.

Then we have Lookwhogotlucky in the 7th at Remington Park on 11/4.

3 Likes

Just scrolling through my horses and noticed that these last offerings not only include Mortality coverage but also Loss of Use coverage. Wonder if that was already in the works or was due to Start Six Nineā€™s situation?

Search Engine wandered in last in his maiden at Churchill. Looks like maybe pulled up? Hard to tell.

Didnā€™t see him getting pulled up, but he sure was fractious in the gate.
Didnā€™t seem to like either the kickback or the track itself. Never looked comfortable in the race.

Yeah, I thought he was going to get the jockey off in the gate when he went up. Didnā€™t break well after that and a very disappointing race from him after his doing so well in works.

Was happy with Chasing Timeā€™s 2nd though!

I am from India and want to buy a stake in Rosieā€™s Alibi. However, I am getting the attached error everytime zI am trying to make payment through credit card. I have entered the proper and complete details & also the same cards are working at other online payment gateways.

In between, I have little stake in Chasing Time & Tap The Gavel. I was also facing the same issue then but it worked using Paypal. Now they have removed Paypal as an option.

I contacted MyRaceHorse customer service but they are of no help. They first informing I have not entered credited card detail and then even to the extent of sharing credit card details on email. Now they stopped replying.

Anyone else faced this issue and how to solve. I see potential in her of the lot so wanted to buy.

Great News-

Chasing Time

Chasing Time exited his second place effort yesterday in good order and jogged soundly this morning. Please enjoy this video of Chasing Time jogging and being looked over by trainer Steve Asmussen this morning.

2 Likes

I think everyone has given up on him. But finally there is little improvement. Also, it was given that he was slow when they have purchased him as from the intro video and all were banking on him to mature with age & distance.

Irrespective, I dont mind him not becoming a race horse but he should be healthy and sound. Its way better than a unfortunate situation of Star Six Nine.

My condolences to MRH and all the Vertical Threat shareholders. He clipped heels and fell last night in the 10th at Churchill Downs and, not officially confirmed as I am not a VT shareholder, was subsequently euthanized with a fractured shoulder.

:cry:

Oh no! :frowning: Thatā€™s terrible.

So sorry about Vertical Threat. Wow, this owning a racehorse thing can be tough.

ā€œMyā€ Kanthari, lame again, has been given a possible diagnosis of Kissing Spine. :frowning:

Rough Entry, who is who Vertical Threat clipped heels with, was also euthanized. (Rough Entry was already in trouble when Vertical Threat clipped heels with him.)

Condolences as well to Rough Entryā€™s connections.

It sure can be a heartbreaking :broken_heart: sport

1 Like

How awful. Condolences to the connections of both horses.

GTV has been pulled from the Nov sale. & wil race next year.

1 Like

Is there some kind of embargo against talking about down horses in interviews on the track? I was watching the replay on equibase and thereā€™s a awkward moment where theyā€™re interviewing the winning horseā€™s trainer and he goes to say something about hoping the other two horses are ok and he seems to cut himself off.

Not sure what you mean. I would have guessed, but donā€™t know, that Vertical Threat would not have been able to get up once he went down. The other horse could easily have been standing.

The winning horseā€™s owner probably saw the incident when he was watching the race. He also probably saw, if he chose to look, if the screens came out, if either horse was standing, etc. No owner wants to see horses euthanized. My guess (donā€™t know), he said he hoped the other horses were ok and then stopped when he realized from what heā€™d seen that wasnā€™t the case. If they were able to get Vertical Threat back to the barn for further diagnostics, the winning owner would have no idea about the status of the horses and no owner would conjecture about the fate of a horse on the track short of actually seeing the horse euthanized and then it would be, IMO, not some unassociated ownerā€™s place to say anything.

Often, the ā€˜vanned off the trackā€™ does mean getting the horse back to the barn for further diagnostics. So, the horse may not be euthanized for a some period of time after the conclusion of the race. Doesnā€™t mean they arenā€™t treated with drugs, but no immediate decision would be made.

That makes sense, I guess it just feels eerie to go on as if nothing happened and he was the only one to make any allusion to it. I think youā€™re right they were probably just trying to wait it out, and he does look back as heā€™s saying it so he probably didnā€™t want to speculate too much.

1 Like