Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

Frankly, I think it would be improper for anyone other than the injured horse’s owner or track vet to say anything. The race caller may say such-and-such took a bad step when calling the race and the talking heads may say the horse was vanned off but often no-one knows anything other than what others at the track know… a horse is down and possible can’t get up.

Spectators will surely speculate but they are also only speculating… you might have to actually be back in the barn to known.

1 Like

FWIW, it sounds like Vertical Threat was vanned back to the barn and evaluated by a vet from Rood & Riddle.

Given the severity of the fracture, that the shoulder is weight-bearing and that Vertical Threat was unable withhold the pressure of even standing, the decision was made to euthanize him after he returned to the barn and in consultation with his owners (MRH and Slam Dunk Team).

ALL of this was done back at the barn… anyone trackside would have been only speculating and for anyone in any type of even semi-official capacity such as another horse’s owner, out of place to say anything because they don’t know.

1 Like

Congratulations! After a long wait, your Flatter-Echo Warrior 19 colt has been named Hero Status!

:partying_face:

4 Likes

Christina Blacker, TVG analyst and wife of Dan Blacker who trains Sacred Beauty for MRH, is also a Micro Share owner :smiley:

Micro Share will be making her first start at Del Mar in a MSW under jockey Mike Smith!

and the race date is tomorrow, 11/20. Watch party starts 2:50 pm PT/5:50 pm ET. Post time 3:02 PT.

She is my first 2-year-old to race.

2 Likes

Sacred Beauty broke her maiden today in a claimer ($8k?) at Golden Gate Fields. Missed the race but hopefully this will be a big confidence booster for her.

Latest video of Star Six Nine was, for me, a bit sad. He looks happy being turned out but sure looked to me like he is still having coordination problems with his hind end. :cry:

2 Likes

I assume she wasn’t claimed.

Star Six Nine…yeah. Definitely dragging LH toe. They did say his condition hasn’t gotten any worse since its onset was noticed.

She wasn’t claimed. Shocked that she’s the first winner for the Future Stars Bundle, lol. Would have never guessed.

Good luck to Micro Share in the 6th at Del Mar!

1 Like

Micro Share came in 3rd! Right in front of the Baffert filly.

1 Like

She looked great! I’m already so excited for her next race!

2 Likes

Mike Smith seemed pretty pumped about her after the race. That gets me excited.

3 Likes

We have a couple of shares in the 2 y/o filly Vow. She ran her first race today and finished a game second. Ran a little green and i dont think she ever switched her lead around the turn LoL but she looked pretty good! Nice effort esp for first time out.

5 Likes

Can anyone explain why beyer figures seem to change? I have a share in Duke of Love who won recently and immediately after the race his beyer was 89, then later I think a 77 and now it’s a 97 for that win. Are they scaled against other horses?

They get an immediate value, then an adjusted value after the whole day to see how the track plays the whole day, and then sometimes they composite.

I think. I could be completely wrong, but I believe how it’s done. :woman_shrugging:

From MRH:

Another Big Weekend for MRH Owners
On the heels of two terrific weekends for the MyRacehorse Stable, where 14 of our runners combined for a record of 4-4-2, we’re fired-up for this weekend’s action, which will see five horses compete in races – including two stakes – across the country.

Our very talented Duke of Love, who produced a thrilling victory on debut at Woodbine last month, enters the big leagues on Friday, opening day of Gulfstream Park’s exciting Championship Meet in Hallandale, Fla. Duke of Love is among 12 entered in the $75,000 Pulpit Stakes, which will be run as Race 10, with a post time of 4:32 p.m. ET. Check out our race analysis here.

The classy filly Moonlight d’Oro, already a graded stakes winner, sets her sights on the Grade 3, $100,000 Bayakoa Stakes at Los Alamitos in Southern California on Sunday. Carded as Race 9, the Bayakoa, has a post of 7:30 p.m. ET.

But the action doesn’t stop there. A Mo Reay, a Grade 1 stakes-placed 2-year-old, will jump-start our busy weekend today at Aqueduct in New York in Race 2 (post time 12:20 p.m. ET).

Regal Rebel is back in action Saturday, looking to break her maiden in Race 2 at Aqueduct (post time 12:20 p.m. ET), and Cornice Traverse is ready to launch her career on Saturday at Tampa Bay Downs in Race 8 (post time 3:48 p.m. ET).

Buckle-up for a busy three days coming ahead and best of luck to all of our owners!

A Mo Reay WINS and breaks her maiden!

4 Likes

Replay here: choose race 2

2 Likes

Congratulations to all of you owners! That was a good race. Her jockey treated her well.

A good update on Star Six Nine: he’s stable enough that he’s getting a paddock buddy at Silver Springs. They’re going to introduce a friendly older gelding named Pumpkin in the coming days.

7 Likes

I received an email from Myracehorse, an owner update for Chasing Time and inviting me to enter the owners lottery for a ticket to watch in person and/or for the winners circle lottery. I am not an owner.

Did anyone else get this email who is not an owner?