Unlimited access >

Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

That makes sense! It worked out; I now officially own 0.01% of a race horse!

I’m really happy microshares of race horses are being sold. It’s easily worth the price for me to have a horse or two to cheer for. Hobbies are usually just ways to make our time more pleasant, and I’ve already enjoyed my time doing research on the horses MRH is offering. It’s already money well spent in my mind.

3 Likes

Those are two that I bought into as well.
Also have my eye on a few of the up coming offerings.

For the few $$ to participate, I’m excited to see what the future brings. :grin:

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to finding out their names. Then I can get the t-shirts. :grinning:
I’ve already downloaded the app and it is the only app I have, other than messaging, that has notifications enabled.

2 Likes

I think that we should pick a horse, and have a few more COTHers buy in! We can cheer that one on as TEAM COTH! :rofl:

5 Likes

What MRH often does is allow the owners to submit names, review (usually MRH and Spendthrift for appropriateness, etc) them and then we get to vote on them (at least that is what was done for the unnamed horses from the fall yearling sales). The winning name is submitted to the JC where it may or may not be accepted :slight_smile:

All I gotta say is I’ve done my part :slight_smile:

4 Likes

All right, COTH! I just bought a share in the Dialed In colt, and am eyeing the Flatter one, as well as the Tapit…might spring for those next paycheck, since I just paid horse show entries on my personal TB this morning!

I’m close to Laurel, I’ll have to cross my fingers one of them could end up running there so I could see them run!

4 Likes

Just to clarify, once you buy in, there are no further costs?

OK. Fun idea. Which horse should be the Team COTH one?

Correct. The initial payment for however many shares you want to buy is your only financial obligation.

If you’re thinking about it, my experience has been great so far.

I’m enjoying the updates so much that I bought another share for the Dialed In colt, and am on the list for that gorgeous Tapit colt. It’s so cool to get updates and hear about how the Flatter colt is spending his days and watching training videos. Totally worth it just to be apart of a specific horse.

3 Likes

various horses of our ‘portfolio’ have graced the screen of our computer as background.
It is very exciting to ‘have’ a horse without the hassle

2 Likes

Just my 2c, I bought a share of Monomoy Girl because I have been a fan of hers for years.

It originally cost me $46, although I have already gotten $6 back from her 2d at Oaklawn.

The way I see it, it is simply entertainment money. I can spend $40 on a dinner at a not-even-fancy restaurant, or one night at a movie.

For this, I get to log into the MRH app, and see regular updates and behind-the-scenes videos, which I enjoy very much. I get a rooting interest when she races. I get to feel connected. It’s like being part of a fan club for a year, and seems an entirely reasonable amount of entertainment for the price.

EDIT: MRH just added $4.97 back into my account for Monomoy Girl’s Bayakoa win. My total cost for this year’s worth of entertainment is now just $35.03. My enjoyment remains the same.

8 Likes

No clue. Someone who knows something should pick (NOT ME!) :rofl:

I’m going to suggest the Not This Time - Race Hunter colt. His second dam is none other than LaurieB’s Shriek!
Shares go on sale tomorrow for Early Access; I’m one of those who indicated interest and I got the email earlier today.

Not This Time - Race Hunter

8 Likes

Good idea @Mara and good catch!

OK! I’m down!

I’ve been watching the microshares ‘thing’ with interest for over a year now . . . I still had reservations about doing it but the testimonies in this thread convinced me to take a leap today. I liked the Flatter and the Dialed In colts and bought one itty bitty share of each today. Looking forward to some fun :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I didn’t do early access, but I was planning on getting a share tomorrow if there are any! What a great looking colt.

I told a friend I owned a tiny bit of a racehorse. Her response-“What, like the left front leg?”

4 Likes

:joy:
the one that crosses the line first

4 Likes

I’m in on Not This Time-Race Hunter for a couple of shares! :star_struck:

1 Like