Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

I beg to differ. Forty years ago, there were many more people involved in the sport who bred TBs in order to race them. Now most breeders breed for the commercial market, and the vast majority of the best horses are offered to the public every year.

4 Likes

Yup, I don’t buy expensive purses or shoes, etc, I buy bits of racehorses :laughing: I love being a part of it. I do have a spreadsheet of what I’ve spent vs what I get back but I think it’s more to keep me grounded than anything.

1 Like

I had to snicker at this! I also consider my itty-bitty shares as entertainment, which is a good thing because I checked my MRH wallet yesterday for fun and was amused to find that Chasing Time has earned me $12 and change so far. Good boy! That’s the first money that ANY of my horses ever earned me, lol!

2 Likes

My horses have earned $4.54.

1 Like

Just saw that Power Up Paynter is pending adoption through New Vocations. It would be nice if it was one of his MRH owners who was able to adopt him.

1 Like

Miss Sakamoto is running in the 4th race at Gulfstream Park this afternoon. She’s listed as the favorite and I need to educate myself about the company she is running with.

Super excited to see how she does in her 2nd start!

Me, too!

1 Like

Miss Sakamoto got second today! I didn’t see the race, but it sounds like her connections were pleased.

3 Likes

I thought she did very well. Clean break, bided her time (maybe a bit too much) and closed strongly. The chat on her owners page is that she seems to want to run longer.

2 Likes

GTV runs this Saturday.

Text
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/257565/going-to-vegas-aims-to-cash-in-santa-ana
1 Like

I’m going to see if this works but this should be Can’t Hush This before his race yesterday looking spiffy. He didn’t perform great but the experience was still electric getting to see him race in person.

Edit: I personally think this was a throwaway race, I think he definitely has the talent just needs to put it together.

5 Likes

Micro Share finished 5th in the SA Oaks

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/usa/sa/2022/4/9/4/santa-anita-oaks-g2

1 Like

Disappointed, but that’s racing. (owner)

Saying she finished fifth makes it sound like she did a lick of running, which she did not. She was last by a long way. Waiting to hear from Mandella on how she and FK came out of their races.

I was surprised both of them did so poorly! I only have Micro Share, but she’d seemed to be working well–I wonder if that mild fever effected her more than they realized? I was quite worried about that, given the EHV in CA. Which I’m guessing has also effected racing, given the light entry numbers?

1 Like

Forbidden Kingdom appears to have had an excuse.

That’s a shame.

Hero Status is making his debut this Saturday.

Hero Status drew Post 10 in the eleven-horse field, which is carded as Race 10 and has a 5:30 p.m. PT post time. Hall of Fame rider Mike Smith, who had been working the colt, will be aboard.

2 Likes

Hero Status raced wide the whole way and got third, a promising start. No one was catching the winner, who was one of three 4yos in the field.

3 Likes

It’ll be exciting to see him stretch out to longer distances, hopefully that’s his next step. Thoroughly pleased with this effort.

1 Like