Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

It was a good, solid, safe effort.
He seems to have a bit of speed out of the gate, even though he didn’t break the best.
Then settled back about 7th.
Kickback didn’t seem to bother him.
Made a move going into the turn & was wide, but didn’t show a quick turn of foot.
Hard to say if he’s going to be more of grinder or will get a bit quicker (when asked) as he’s gains experience/maturity.
It’ll be interesting to see where they place him next time out.

For anyone interested, here are the splits.
1/4 21.99
1/2 44.56
5/8 57.09
Finish 1:09.68

1 Like

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the short time I’ve been an owner and have liked the behind the scenes information about the horses. It’s been interesting to see the different approaches to training and the issues that arise. Other than the obvious health issues with Start Six Nine, my only major disappointment has been Carrothers. Although it HAS been interesting to see the thought processes and information surrounding the decision to geld him.

I currently have one share in each of the following:
Balletic
Cable Boss
Carrothers
Chasing Time
Classic Cut
Hero Status
Star Six Nine
Tufnel

Thought if I spread my money around more I’d have more chances at seeing different things.

Looks like Miss Sakamoto will be going up against the boys at Gulfstream on the 22nd after the five furlong race on turf for fillies was canceled. MRH reports she’ll be carrying at least five pounds less than all the others so her trainer thought it would be beneficial for her.

Go, Miss Sakamoto!

2 Likes

This should be fun to watch!

I’m just curious, and quite new to being this involved in racing, but do you think she would be more suited to a longer race? In her first 2 starts, it looked like if there had been a bit more room at the end she might have won as she finished closing strong (or how it seemed to me).

Does anyone have an opinion?

Another one getting ready for their debut…

Mrs Whistler is ready to make her April 24th at Gulfstream Park in a mile Maiden Special Weight on the turf.

Congratulations to Miss Sakamoto’s connections. She broke her maiden today…against a field of boys! :grin:

9 Likes

I’m no expert, but I thought she looked great and did a really good job!

2 Likes

WooHoo!!
Haven’t heard how she came out of the race, but it looked like she might do even better with a bit more ground.

That’s what most are saying and I agree even though I’m like Jon Snow and know nothing.

Now I’m hoping she ships out to Belmont so I can see her race in person.

Mrs. Whistler made it in!! Ready to run in about 2 minutes at Gulfstream, race 5

Well that was a total bust.,

Mister Tap the Gavel has been looking much happier in his works, and seems much happier on the turf. He looked much more engaged/forward in the most recent one and it’s nice to see him with his ears forward and ready to go.

Edit: it’s on xbtv if you’re looking for it, they didn’t put it on the app it seems

2 Likes

Hero Status made a nice run to come in 2nd.
I think he’ll enjoy a longer route.

4 Likes

Lookwhogotlucky finally broke his maiden and remained unclaimed in a $7500 maiden claiming at Lone Star in his 7th start. Showed some grit.

4 Likes

I keep being so tempted to add Balletic to my tiny hoard of shares—2 yo Into Mischief filly trained by Todd Pletcher. Especially since they upgraded her glamour shots… :grin:

3 Likes

UPDATE FROM MRH

Going to Vegas Update

With the uncertainty of what the outcome will be for trainer Richard Baltas and the time crunch we are in with Going to Vegas targeting the Grade 1 Gamely on May 30th, it is our managerial responsibility along with our partners, Medallion Racing and Abbondanza Racing, to make the best decision for all of our owners. While it is not an easy decision without due process being completed yet in the Baltas case, it is crucial for this mare to run in this upcoming Grade 1 and, as a result, we will be making a trainer change, transferring Going to Vegas to Phil D’Amato. Given D’Amato’s resume with several Grade 1 turf winners and our current relationship with him with other MRH runners, we felt this was the most logical decision and best option for the mare and our owners.

Without having the ability to work horses in the Baltas barn and the possibility of not being able to enter horses when the time comes for Going to Vegas to be put in the entry box for the Gamely, we simply could not risk the possibility of missing what we consider to be a key race in her 2022 campaign.

Baltas did nothing less than a spectacular job turning this once $50,000 claimer into a Grade 1 winner and deserves all the credit. Speaking with Baltas regarding the situation, it wasn’t easy for him to hear the news of the trainer switch, but he does understand the position the ownership group has been put in.

Based on the outcome of the investigation by Santa Anita, we would consider returning the horse to Baltas.

The race plan will remain to target the Gamely. Pending all goes as expected with the transition to the D’Amato barn, she will breeze on Monday at 7:15 a.m. over the Santa Anita training track. We will remain in frequent communication with D’Amato and keep all owners abreast of any updates.

MRH just posted 3 new prospects to their buy page.

I was wondering when we’d see some new purchase options, and apparently every else was as well. Less than an hour after the email went out, I didn’t even have the “express interest” option on them anymore!

Chasing Time runs this Saturday in the Chick Lang Stakes. PP6

3 Likes