Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

And I have to go to a wedding that day! Maybe I can sneak out and watch it on my phone.

Anyone know what the E133 means next to Chasing Time’s name?

I’ve marked Spirit 20 as “indicated interest”.

I love Candy Ride as a sire. He really stamps his offspring. If I didn’t know who this colt’s sire was, Candy Ride would probably be my first guess. They usually aren’t in-your-face-flashy, but correct and sturdy looking.

1 Like

I had a bit of fun last week going to WinStar to tour and had the chance to see More Than Ready in his stall. He’s Miss Sakamoto’s sire as well as the sire of my husbands heart horse. While I knew he was not a chestnut, I was still a bit startled because they both are. :laughing:! He’s a very handsome boy.

E134E563-C605-4871-AD81-B59AC2D33F5E_1_201_a.heic (482.6 KB)

5 Likes

Looking at the new offerings and wondering if there’s an advantage to the higher percentage (.05 vs.02)? Or one circuit over another aside from it being easier to go see one that’s closer.

Unless you’re hoping to see (for example) $5 appear in your MRH Wallet instead of $3 after a couple of successful races, I would just go with your gut and whichever horse you think you’ll enjoy following the most. None of these shares could be considered anything but sheer entertainment based on the return on your investment!

2 Likes

That was my thought… It sounds nice but is it buying more amusement? Was wondering if I was missing something. Unfortunately it seems like the NY ones tend more expensive, which are the only ones I’m likely to be close enough to see. Hmm.

1 Like

Tap the Gavel won Race 3 at Monmouth! My friend owns a share, and we cheered him on together. He was originally trained by Mott, who seems to have lost interest, so MH switched to J. Kent Sweezey on a smaller circuit.

I watched “my” horse,Chasing Time run a good third yesterday.

We are both having so much fun.

6 Likes

That was a great race by Tap The Gavel!!! He seems to be improving every time out.

It’s been cool to see the progress from dirt to turf and switching classes and tracks. There is so much that goes into just picking a race.

Glad he won today!

1 Like

I was pleasantly surprised by Tap the Gavel’s win! I have a share of him, but it was seeming like he might not want to be a racehorse. It’s nice to be proven wrong.

4 Likes

Anyone else buy shares of the new offerings?

I bought a share in the Candy Ride colt, although I was equally impressed with all three colts on offer, they all seem to have a similar build/style to them. It was going to be him or the flatter colt. The good magic colt is lovely but the $400,000 price tag put me off.

I bought a share of Spirit '20, the Candy Ride colt, as well. At that price I couldn’t pass him up!

I did the same with Spirit '20. I had some money in my “wallet” from some recent wins and places! I very much like the Flatter colt, as well, but that one’s a bit rich for me.

1 Like

I picked up the Candy Ride and the Good Magic.

Update from MRH

“Going to Vegas has officially been entered in Monday’s Grade 1 Gamely Stakes at The Great Race Place. The Gamely has been slotted as race 10 with an estimated post time of 5:30 p.m. PT.
The Gamely Stakes will be contested at a 1 1/8-miles on the turf course. The rails are set at 0 feet. Going to Vegas drew post position one in a field of eight horses and she will now be ridden by the country’s leading rider, Irad Ortiz Jr.”

3 Likes

Going To Vegas…

So close.
She ran a very game 2nd.

3 Likes

The naming contests are on! I wonder what monikers our horses will be saddled with. From looking at the Facebook groups, might be a little cringey.

I agree.
I did submit some names, but since they weren’t cutesy or funny, I’m sure they’ll get discarded LOL.
Just hope they aren’t as bad as some have been in the past.

3 Likes

I sent in Magic Missile (Dungeons & Dragons reference for the win) and Gin Rickey. I would be SHOCKED if either of them end up the top two.

3 Likes