Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

We should be seeing the final two choices today, right? I didn’t submit anything on this one since nothing really struck me, but some of the other suggestions I’ve seen haven’t struck me, either.

This is for Spirit 20

The timeline on the update with the naming contest for Spirit '20 says Final 2 to be announced June 6th, voting opens June 9th. But I don’t think they’ve ever kept to the timelines that have been posted.

I didn’t get the announcement on my page until the 6th so I figured they probably won’t be sticking to those time lines at all.

Not sure what announcement you are talking about.
MRH sent out emails in batches. If you didn’t see one, check your spam folder. Many people said that is where they found it.
I have MRH as an approved email contact, so it doesn’t get booted to spam.

Spirit 20’s choices are Crypto Candy and Phantom Ride.

I guess.

Le Relais 20’s choices are Release the Spell and Show Your Cards. I can dig those.

Not really a fan of either of these choices, but I’ll vote for Phantom Ride, as Crypto Candy is just stupid :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I like both of these choices

1 Like

Right? Like out of ALL the names submitted, Crypto Candy! Yes! That’s a great name! /gag me

2 Likes

Yeah, Crypto Ride is pretty bad. Crypto is going way back in the bloodline, a bloodline which is already covered by “ride”. I’m cool with Phantom Ride.

I was referring to in the app, some of their stuff does get sent to my spam folder, so it may have been sent through email before then. I just tend to engage with the app more than anything.

I had to log out and log back into the app when my notifications started acting up. Cleared up the issues right away. Maybe that would help? If not that, delete and redownload.

Both Chasing Time (pp 5) & Provocateur (pp 6) have been entered in the G1 Woody Stephen this Saturday.

3 Likes

Oooof! Big step up for CT from grade 3 (where he got a 3rd) to a Grade 1 against other Grade 1 winners. Oh well, one can always cite Rich Strike.

On another note, my other horse, Kanthari, after needing/having knee surgery, then time off for what was thought to be kissing spine, was put back to work, but now apparently needs tie-back surgery. It has also been mentioned that he is studdish at times around the fillies. Sounds like a good horse to geld and find a new career for. (Hope I am not revealing secrets that would influence betting on him, as was mentioned not to do in a recent MRH post.)

1 Like

It’s kind of hard not to root for jack christopher after his last outing, he seems like a special horse. But I do hope Chasing Time can get a better trip from his last start and steps up.

Yes, out of the 10 or so I have now, I think Chasing Time, Search Engine, and Hero Status are the only ones actively training/running. Everyone else is either growing up or on rehab or both!

It’s exponentially worse than having one’s own personal horse :joy:

Just saw the jog video (or what was supposed to be a jog video!) of Miss Sakamoto as they start bringing her back into work. MS clearly thought a faster workout was in order and MRH had to edit the video A LOT to get a couple of seconds of actual trotting.

I was highly amused to see the first signs of her chestnut-TB-mare-in-training antics as she bunny hopped, bucked, skittered and otherwise fought her exercise rider at every turn because all the other videos have portrayed her as a (suspiciously) calm and well-behaved redhead! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Big weekend this weekend for MRH/Edge horses!
I have A Mo Reay, Chasing Time, Provocateur, and Sixtythreecaliber. Former MRH horse Sacred Beauty is also in a starter allowance at Golden Gate today, too. Fingers crossed for some wins!

2022-5-10-1|457x500

Hubby and I were laughing about that too. Happy to see her feeling good.