Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

Curious to see the video, if you have a link!

Let me PM it to you—it came as an owner update and they discourage open posting of these on social media. It’s a hoot!

1 Like

I’m thankful the all of “mine” are currently training (granted some are just starting out) or racing.
For a while I had more horses out than in LOL.

This sure had been fun & exciting though!!

Anyone else notice Spirit 20 already has a name? I was just adding him to my equibase stable and he comes up as Dixieland. Can you change the name after the fact?

The name was given by his breeder.
MRH had announced they were not keeping it.
They had a naming contest & his new name is Phantom Ride.

1 Like

IIRC, you can change the JC name until the horse races or has JC registered foals.

1 Like

Oh, lol, I bet that was in that email, I need to go search for that in my spam folder. Im glad they decided to change it.

Mrs. Whistler getting ready for her 2nd race.
Race 7 at Gulfstream
PP 6

She definitely showed better this time around.
Broke well & stayed engaged, just ran out of gas at the end. Which was expected with all the missed training/works due to the weather.

Hero Status finished a closing second in a 6-1/2 furlong MSW at Santa Anita. Original plan was to run him at a mile last weekend, then that race didn’t fill. So he was entered for Sunday at 7f, and that race also came up short.

Considering that trainer Mark Glatt thinks Hero Status is best suited to 1 mile and up, today’s race was really impressive. They smoked the first quarter in 21 and change, too.

This colt has hit the board in all three starts. He’s not one to hustle out of the gate, so I think Glatt is onto something and we may see some winning at longer distances.

4 Likes

Agree.
He does break well & seems to have a decent cruising speed, just not “sprinter speed”.
That along with his nice kick at the end, should put him in the winners circle once he gets a bit more distance.

2 Likes

Yes, I was happy to see him do as well as he did at that distance. He was closing great; I bet he would have found the winner’s circle if he’d gotten the distance they wanted for him.

I wonder why they’re having such trouble filling a mile race?

3 Likes

Hero Status earned a Beyer of 88 in yesterday’s race, more than respectable.

2 Likes

Frosted Oats dug in deep to win.
Race 9, PP 9

4 Likes

:innocent:WMW would have been thrilled. :pensive:

2 Likes

The new horse filings have just been posted on the SEC site. They should be coming up on offer soon.
There’s a few I’m for sure going in on.

https://sec.report/Document/0001683168-22-004559/

1 Like

Thank you for sharing that! I was wondering when we were going to see some more offerings. Some of those names are great–I might need Stay Fabulous and Helicopter Money just for the names!

New horses are posted.
All have interest tabs available now.

1 Like

Cuvier & Forever Rose have been pulled for the time being, due to SEC delays

Mrs. Whistler, Chasing Time, A Mo Reay, Psychedelic Shack, & Carrothers all ran this past weekend.

1 Like

Super happy about Carrothers win, it’s been a long time coming and he looked like a star coming out of it.

2 Likes