Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

They went in on hip 28 (filly) $925K & hip 29 (colt) $275K
Both by Justify.

How did the MR horses do this weekend? Saw the list but not the results anywhere. I saw that Going to Vegas came in third, but nothing else.

Not sure of the Edge horses
SNC last, eased over the line
GTV 3rd
IE 9th

I disagree. His record at stud is currently nothing short of stellar. So far this year he has:
34 winners from 85 runners
6 stakes winners (7%)
9 stakes horses (11%)
and 3 Grade 1 winners

In this crop of stallions only Gun Runner is doing better. For all sires combined, only Curlin (5) and American Pharoah (4) have more G1 winners and they both have 3x as many foals of racing age.

2 Likes

Fair enough, and shame on me for failing to keep track of him this year. His 1st crop of 2yos got a slow-ish start, but he’s had a year since then.
I posted before he got 2 Gr. 1 winners at Del Mar this past weekend, but the numbers you give are impressive even without those two.

1 Like

My Racehorse bought a Candy Ride colt for 300K at Keeneland today.

1 Like

Duke of Love just won the Prince of Wales S at Fort Erie.

2 Likes

They also bought in on this filly for $550k
That is 4 so far, as far as I know.

1 Like

Just purchased hip 442 (Uncle Mo colt) with L&N Racing for $300K
Bringing MRH up to 5 horses so far.

MRH just went in on their 6th horse from the sale.
Hip 629 $475K

Glad to see Mrs. Whistler change trainers, it didn’t seem like she was given much if any chance to run so hopefully she has more opportunities going forward. Maybe even different distances, seems like her old trainer was keeping her locked into 5 furlong races.

1 Like

My girl won today!

She had a disappointing first race a few weeks ago - threw a shoe right after the start and cruised home in sixth.

But today she looked great and pretty much led the way all around the 6.5 furlongs. So fun!

Here’s the replay of Rosie’s Alibi. Good girl, Rosie.

https://www.parxracing.com/parxracingreplays.php

4 Likes

I have a share in her as well! She did look great! :grinning:

1 Like

I’m excited. Miss Sakamoto is entered in Race 5 at the Meadowlands on Saturday night and I will be able to go!

It’s not the fanciest track in the world but it seems after her time off there are not many choices for her in the northeast before the meets are over.

I am happy she wasn’t rushed and thrilled that I will get to see her race live.

4 Likes

Yell extra loud for this bitty-share owner here, too!

3 Likes

I will! And will share any pictures I take here. Sadly the paddock and winners circle are not by the grandstand but I’ll try and get what I can.

2 Likes

NM…
Complete brain fart on my part. Was thinking of Mrs Whistler.

I thought she started out with Christophe Clement :face_with_monocle: and has been with him since day one. Hmmmm…

Doh :woman_facepalming:
Totally had Mrs Whistler on the brain.
You are correct, Miss Sakamoto has been with Clement the whole time.

1 Like

LOL no worries at all.