Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

63 Caliber came home the winner in the Comely Stakes.
Naismith won his race as well.
Psychedelic Shack finished mid pack.

Hero Status & Above Suspicion still to run this afternoon at Del Mar.

Anyone have any insight on why they decided to sell provocateur instead of running him next year? I donā€™t own any shares but I was surprised to see him sold. Glad heā€™s going to New York though.

They explained it pretty well in their updates. Essentially he has fallen off form, and he doesnā€™t have a lot of conditions available for him to run in that he can keep up with.

Ah, Iā€™m glad it was something simple, this seems like the best outcome then. I had assumed he would be getting some time off before resuming next year like some of the other horses with tougher campaigns, but this works too.

To my amazement, Kanthari (of whom I own one share) not only made it to the races, but won his first start, a MSW at Gulfstream yesterday (December 16th) 4th race, 5 furlongs on the turf.

It has been a long roadā€“knee injury that took time (surgery), back problem that took time (rest), tie-back surgery that took timeā€¦

He will be four in a couple of weeks. I did not think he would ever race.

5 Likes

Mrs. Whistler ran for a good/gaining 4th today.
Had a bit of traffic to navigate.
Sheā€™s doing much better having switched to Kent Sweeneyā€™s barn.

Frosted Oats won.

Here are other MRH runners this weekend

Watching it again today, Mrs. Whistler switches to a different gear in that run up to the finish line. Maybe a little more stretch to a 6 furlong distance might be her sweet spot. The trainer seemed pleased with the effort so hopefully we can have one more try at MSW company.

1 Like

A nice win for Hero Status today at Santa Anita!

It seems like a lot of mine are on layup or havenā€™t been finding races lately, so it was lovely to have one run and win decisively.

3 Likes

I was all smiles after watching Hero Status go!

Hero Status wins Race 3 on Sunday, January 15 at Santa Anita Park - YouTube

1 Like

I notice Hero Statusā€™ jockey was not wearing the My Racehorse silks. Must have been those of the partner owner. Anyone know how the silks to be worn are chosen?

Itā€™s usually spelled out in the contract between the partners. Sometimes certain races are specified for certain silks, sometimes itā€™s just every other race. Basically itā€™s whatever the partners agree upon.

2 Likes

With MRH & their partners, it typically is every other race that they switch the silks.
For some of the bigger races (in the past) theyā€™ve flipped a coin to see which silks were worn.

1 Like

Naming contest is underway for the Smart Shopping 21ā€™ colt.
It shouldnā€™t, but it still does, surprise me just how witchy people can get over stuff like this.
Griping about lack of creativity & variety, then when MRH gives a bit more varied names, those same people whinge about how they donā€™t pay homage to the sire/dam, etc. :woman_facepalming:

It wouldnā€™t surprise me if MRH just ends up doing away with future naming contests.

1 Like

It seemed like they had for a whileā€“because all of them Iā€™d seen/voted on had gotten that way too. Then a lot of the offerings that didnā€™t have names sort of ended up named without a vote.

Maybe this was another try at it. And it sounds like itā€™s not going civilly :frowning:

1 Like

For most of the offerings that MRH have a partner, the partner often will name the horse, so no naming contest for those.
The horses owned 100% by MRH have, for the most, had naming contests.
Even if thereā€™s been loads of whinging.
Iā€™d think that MRH would eventually get tired of all the BS.

1 Like

Kanthari now 2 for 2! Won a 5 furlong turf sprint at Gulfstream today!

2 Likes

Balletic won the maiden special weight at Gulfstream on Saturday!

2 Likes

I have looked at Twitter and Facebook, and have received no owner notification on how Micro Share is doing. She raced last Saturday at Santa Anita and came in fourth. The jockey said that she didnā€™t feel quite right and MyRacehorse said the Mandella team would be going over her the following morning. They never posted the race and have given no update on how she is doing.

Does anyone have information on her?

They may not have anything to update.
Maybe Mandella hasnā€™t given MRH an update.
Could be waiting for diagnostics to come back. Could also be sheā€™s fine.
If you feel the need to know & donā€™t want to wait for an update, email MRH
They have always been good about responding.