Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

We had a fun day out and she ran well to land in 3rd place :grin:

3 Likes

Sheā€™s one of mine as well.
She ran a very good 3rd.

1 Like

Super nice win in the slop for Seize The Grey, 2nd time out.
Left the gate quickly & never looked back.
Dornoch, Mageā€™s younger brother, took 2nd.

1 Like

He got a BH article!

3 Likes

I was pleased with A Day to Rememberā€™s third place finish on his first outing. He ran well and then tired near the end. He looked a bit distracted by the second place horse running closely alongside around the turn (ears pinned, looking over at the colt) but overall looks to have a promising future.

Didnā€™t buy into Seize the Grey mainly because Iā€™m not a Lukas fan, but sounds like he ran a very, very nice race. Looking forward to following him in the future.

1 Like

One Fast Dream, first time out since gelding.
Ran well to get a head bobbin 2nd, probably would benefit from blinkers.

1 Like

Mrs. Whistler (hip 97), Celebrity News (hip 37) & In Due Time (hip 71) at all being offered in the FT digital sale currently going on.

2 Likes

Hero Status is looking good after his injury layoff and brain surgery. His first race back should be interesting, as gelding can improve performance.

3 Likes

Duke of Love got an oddly satisfying 5th in the Jockey Club Gold Cup. He kept getting pushed further to the outside the whole race and was trying the whole time. I donā€™t think he really looked bad at all after that effort.

1 Like

There are a few MRH horses racing this week.
The one Iā€™m looking most forward to is Seize the Grey, running in the Iroquois S on Saturday. PP 6 in a field of 9.
Time to see if heā€™s going to live up to expectations.

1 Like

Not quite the results I was hoping for, but he didnā€™t embarrass himself.
Definitely green & maybe a bit leg weary at the end or didnā€™t like all the traffic.
Maybe blinkers next time out.

1 Like

Rosieā€™s Alibi just had a disappointing last or second to last finish at Keeneland a few minutes ago. Sheā€™d been off for several months for ulcers and this was her first outing since coming back into training. Watching the race replay, it looked like she mightā€™ve taken a funny step pretty early in the raceā€¦but I am no expert. It seemed like she never quite launched, like she was always trying to catch up versus charging ahead, if that makes sense.

Tap the Gavel is getting retired from racing.

"Tap the Gavel has exited his disappointing effort last weekend in good order and is back at Monmouth Park.

While he remains sound, at this stage, after his last two uninspired efforts, we strongly believe the best thing for Tappy is to look at a second career. While we were fairly certain our son of Tapit lost a step based on his a.m. activity when first returning from his layoff, it is clear he is not able to compete near the same level he once did. After giving him one opportunity at the lower claiming level, we do not believe there will be any significant change in his performance regardless if he ran at a lower level.

We thank Kent and his team for their efforts, along with Jorge Villagomez in Ocala, FL who played a major part in his rehabilitation and getting him back to the races. We were able to give Tappy three chances as a 4-year-old and despite somewhat of an encouraging run the first time back, there was enough regression in the next two starts to believe this is our best and only decision to do right by the horse and the ownership group.

While we are disappointed that the always popular Tappy has come to the end of his racing career we are confident he is sure to bring joy to his next owners. With Tappy already being gelded and having a friendly personality, it shouldnā€™t be hard to find him his next home. Of course, we will work through our TAA sources to find him the perfect transition or forever home."

The video that accompanied this update shows him with such a sweet, soft eye. Iā€™d snap him up from whatever aftercare alliance adoption org they send him to if I could! Iā€™m glad that MRH saw that he wasnā€™t interested in running and pulled him from running so he can reach his potential as a sport horse. I hope we get updates on his 2nd career.

3 Likes

A friend owns a share of TTG, and we too are both hoping he gets a soft landing.

Heā€™s got such a cute little dish face, and my impression of Tapits is they are extra intelligent/quirky depending on how you look at it. Heā€™s definitely been one of my favorites to get updates on. And heā€™s a bit of a chunk.

1 Like

Seize The Grey was 3rd in his race yesterday.
Not quite the showing many had been hoping for, but thatā€™s racing.

Lady Blitz runs today.

It looks like Miss Sakamoto will be moved on sometime soon. I wish I could buy her as a sport horse. :worried:

3 Likes

Myracehorse is looking to find a forever home for Tap the Gavel.

ā€œFollowing our most recent update, Tap the Gavel shipped from Kent Sweezeyā€™s barn at Monmouth Park to Hunters Run Farm in Wall Township, NJ about 10 miles from the track. While this is only a temporary stop for your 4-year-old son of Tapit, we are still currently working on placing him with a more permanent home. Since he retired sound and has a good demeanor, we are confident we will find him a great forever home or he we can get him accepted into an adoption program. We will be back once we have any more information.ā€

5 Likes

Wish I could take him, but my days of riding TBs are over, even those with a ā€œgood demeanorā€.
Plus they might want to sell him?

1 Like

They have sent/donated a few others to after care/adoption organizations (ReRun, New Vocations, etc). Theyā€™ve also sold outright a couple.
Last I heard they were trying to get him into the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance program, but he was still at a farm in NJ.

1 Like