Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

I just noticed it looks like they don’t use a chain on Pioneer Prince, it looks like it’s just a rope. I think that’s the first time I’ve seen that. I thought maybe it was just for paddock schooling but when I looked at his last race they used a rope then too.

It’s just a covered chain. Not a rope.

Ah , ok, I’ve seen the black rubber/leather looking ones but this one’s just looked like woven rope to me, that makes sense. I do see where the chain disappears on the other side.

One that I have a microshare in, Cable Boss, broke his maiden today at Horseshoe Indianapolis. It was a good race!

5 Likes

Simply Enchanting (Nyquist/Enchante) just won on her debut & did it well.
She had been training lights out going into the race, but I never expect them to win first time out.
She showed a bit green heading towards home, swapped leads late, hung a little, but overall super impressed with her.
Replay
She’s PP 8

9 Likes

Catalyst runs in her second race Friday at Oaklawn.
Race 1, pp 2.
Hoping she learned a bit in her debut & has gained a little more fitness since then.
The added distance should suit her well.

1 Like

I just bought a share of a filly, Isle Blue, by Speightstown out of a Curlin mare. Hope that if she can’t run she might find a soft landing as a broodmare prospect. And there will not be too many Speightstowns around.

2 Likes

I have her as well as just bought into the new ones just listed.
Some others of mine that have been on the sidelines for one reason or another, are making their way back into training.
Hoping it’ll be a jammed packed spring/summer of good racing.

1 Like

Phantom Rode won his race today at Oaklawn.

3 Likes

Tufnel runs today. Race 2 PP 10 at Gulfstream.
This is his first race back after an 11 month layoff.

Simply Enchanting is entered in the Sunland Park Oaks tomorrow (Sunday). Race 7 PP 2. This is a points race for the Kentucky Oaks.

Cumberland Falls race 9 PP 4 at Gulfstream on 2/21/24.

Chasing Time race 9 PP 7 at Oaklawn on 2/23/24

1 Like

Tufnel definitely needed the race. He finished back of the pack.

Simply Enchanting placed 3rd. She did well (IMO) considering it was only her second race & she had quite few changes thrown at her… shipping in, 2 turns, the change in altitude & a big step up in competition.

Looking forward to the upcoming races for
Cumberland Falls, Guinevere, Chasing Time & Seize the Grey.

Due to rain, all races at Gulfstream are off the turf, so Cumberland Falls was a scratch.

Guinevere came in 3rd in her debut, but it was a rough race for her.
Broke last, had to steady, had to check, got boxed in & then was about 7 wide turning for home.
She still managed to make up ground for 3rd.

1 Like

Chasing Time finished 3rd. He’s definitely not the sharpest at getting out of the gate, which hurts him at the shorter distances.

Chase was so close to snagging second place in what was a very salty field.
He definitely could have used another furlong, but with limited conditions left & the last couple races not filling, you run when you can.
If he comes out of this good, I could see Steve pointing him to one of the stakes coming up at Oaklawn, before sending him for his break.

1 Like

STG with a gritty win on his first race back after a layoff.

I have a share in her too, I’m enjoying watching her come along. Shes in on the 9th at Oaklawn, looks like. 3rd race.

1 Like

Updated

Big weekend ahead:

Friday

• Hero Status - SA R4 (4:59)

Saturday

• Kanthari - GP R9 (4:06)

• Catalyst - OP R6 (4:18)

• Phantom Ride - HOU R9 (6:20)

• Lane Way - SA R7 (6:39)

Sunday

• Pioneer Prince - SA R5 (6:00)

all times Eastern

2 Likes

Also on Saturday - Catalyst at Oaklawn, race 6, pp 4

2 Likes

Really excited to see how Hero Status runs on his first start back after a long layoff that included brain surgery.

4 Likes

Oh Catalyst! Broke well, got up to 2nd but faded to 6th.

No one was catching the winner of that race though. :horse_racing:t2:

1 Like

He managed to get up for 4th after stumbling BAD & nosediving out of the gate.

Phantom Ride won his race. Nice to have turf options available now as well as dirt.

Lane Way 3rd in the San Simeon

Kanthari 6th

2 Likes