Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

MRH horses are doing well today.
2 wins (STG & Hero Status)
1 2nd (Pioneer Prince)

2 Likes

This makes me absolutely giddy to see “my horse” on here.
I have shares in Authentic & his Derby win was nice, but this one means more.
Not sure if it’s because we’ve been along for the ride since the beginning or if it’s because The Coach has been so supportive of MRH & gives loads of updates or what. But I’m loving this!

6 Likes

Hopefully Lukas doesn’t run the legs off of him, as he so often does.

3 Likes

While I can’t say with 100% certainty, MRH has been quite good at doing what’s best for their horses & hitting the breaks if/when needed.
I’d like to think they’ll continue to do so.

1 Like

I am so very happy for you owners! I was rooting for y’all. Great race.

5 Likes

Congrats to MRH and all the owners of Seize the Grey. I was tempted by his offering but decided against it because of Lukas as a trainer. And I’ll admit how wrong I was. You all are Preakness Stakes winning owners. How great! Congratulations all. I was so happy to see him win.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Is there a picture of the winner’s circle? Wondering how many MRH owners got to be there. I didn’t get to watch the race on NBC where they would have shown it, just watched it on youtube afterwards.

Congratulations Seize the Grey and all his connections. Wire to wire! As they were coming down the home stretch I kept yelling “c’mon kid, c’mon kid”. I was so happy for that young rider as well. And loved how he gave credit and a huge hug to the horse.

4 Likes

I was in the 1/ST Chalet adjacent and it was a pretty good group—I’d say about 100.

Here’s a photo I took of Grey walking into the Winner’s Circle:

9 Likes

This is one of the photos available on the MRH site

10 Likes

Yes, that is exactly the picture I was looking for. Makes me smile, too, seeing all those owners.

Just when I thought I was out, they [MRH] pulled me back in.

2 Likes

Yep, me, too. I have a hair tail of a few MRH, and I really considered this one because of Arrogate. I loved Arrogate. However, I’m not really a fan of Lukas. Debated for a bit, then decided nope. My mistake on this one.

1 Like

MRH in partnership, picked up a Bolt D’Oro filly (hip 26)

and a Practical Joke colt (hip 234)

They also have hip 461 listed for sale
Complexity/Bares Tripper colt

A local couple were featured in our (very local) news as being part-owners of Seize the Grey. The actually explained MRH and mentioned that they were two of about 3000 owners. It was a super cool story!

5 Likes

MRH (with partners) picked up 4 horses at the recent Midatlantic sale.

5 Likes

This horse was bought by MyRaceHorse back in 2021. I do not know what they named him. Is there any way to find out if he ever raced?

Distorted Humor x Silver Pocketsfull '19 colt

Edited to add: He was bought here: Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s Spring Sale of 2-year-olds in training

Iron Works.

It doesn’t look like he’s with MRH anymore–he was running in some AOC races, so presumably claimed.
https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10593506&registry=T&rbt=TB

Thanks for that. I had no idea how to search for his name.

Correct, it’s Iron Works.
He was claimed back on 11/11/23
His last work on record was 4/14/24.
He was a vet scratch on 3/30 & 4/28.

1 Like