Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

People are seriously cray-cray.
The fact the MRH had to send out an email stating DO NOT CONTACT TRAINERS is :exploding_head:
The entitlement of some is beyond ridiculous.

3 Likes

Wow! Did they only send the email to people who did so? I did not get one.

MEH sent out an email to those that bought into Ryleeā€™s Song.
There have been people reaching out to Jenn directly to get updates, discuss, etc on the horse.

Wow! Who would have thought of doing that?
Idjets.

1 Like

I didnā€™t get the email but it could have been I bought a share after it was sent.

After she won with Arcangelo, I started following her on facebook because I immediately became a fan. I would never in a million years think to IM her to ask about ā€˜myā€™ new filly. smh

Someone on one of the FB group threads also said someone showed up at the barns to see Caldera and wanted to ride him.

I wonder if with Seize the Grey winning the Preakness there are a lot more people buying shares without knowing anything about horses at all, or how having microshares actually works.

4 Likes

What??? Thatā€™s crazy!!

I watched the Belmont on network tv and they did talk a fair bit about MRH and microshare ownership that anyone can participate in. So Iā€™m sure that is the case of people buying without reading any of the fine print.

I cannot imagine what will happen at the first race this filly runs in!

Oh yeah. There was a crazy chick posting in the Caldera group, about how she was going to ride him, etc.
People tried telling her that isnā€™t how it works & she just kept going on about being his owner, so she gets to ride him. Maybe she was just trolling, who knows :woman_shrugging:
People can be cray-cray.

Kinda reminds me of the Chromies. :laughing:

4 Likes

MRH just sold STG breeding rights to Gainesway for $3.5M, with kickers that could be worth up to an additional $10M based on what races he wins (if any) the rest of his racing career.
MRH will also retain 10% of his breeding rights.

2 Likes

Congrats to the owners :grinning: Nice to see Arrogate getting a second son to represent him at stud (knock on wood cuz horses and heā€™s still racing).

2 Likes

Nicely done MRH!!

MyRacehorse Launches Online Auction Fund for Aftercare - BloodHorse

5 Likes

Upcoming races for MRH horses.

7/25 Adaay In Asia, DMR, race 3 $32k tag
7/25 Visceral, DMR, race 4 MSW
7/26 A Day To Remember, DMR, race 4 MSW
7/26 Celestial Moon, LRL, race 7 AOC
7/27 Straight No Chaser, DMR, race 10 Bing Crosby
7/27 Seize The Grey, SAR, race 10 Jim Dandy
7/28 Rosieā€™s Alibi, PID, race 7 Princess of Sylmar

Seize The Grey is running in the Jim Dandy today.

1 Like

He is up against some stiff competition in Sierra Leone and Fierceness.

1 Like

He was a distance 4th. Never fired, ran flat the entire race.
Nice win by Fierceness!

1 Like

but thatā€™s the problem with MRH. Youā€™re not actually a true owner. a Microshare may be a form of ownership but you actually donā€™t. The corporate entity has 100% controlling interest of the horse and all decisions made with it. Youā€™re minimal funds are just padding their pockets and funding their hobby/business model.

Now you have thousands of people with very little or absolutely no horse background thinking they actually own the horseā€¦ but they dont.

MRH has brought thousands of people into the horse racing world. They are invested in a tiny way financially, but you cannot underestimate their emotional commitment to the horses. Itā€™s a great way to get more butts in the stands.

Now you may only want to own your racehorse completely, pay all of the bills, and be able to make all of the decisions. When you get a moment, could you please post the horse(s) that you are currently running?

4 Likes

I think bringing more eyes on the sport is what makes MRH great, youā€™d better believe Iā€™m keeping an eye on where the ones that have left have ended up. Also, I think thereā€™s more pressure to do right by the horses, it appears that if thereā€™s even a hint things are off they are doing all the diagnostics and giving them the time they need. The other side to that coin is whenever you bring in thousands of people you get some interesting personalities in the bunchā€¦and mrh gets the fun task of navigating that.

3 Likes

Oh please, where in any of my comments did I state anything about being what you consider a ā€œtrue ownerā€ :woman_shrugging:

MRH has enabled so many people that previously could only dream of being part of a race horse, to be part of something exciting & informative (for those wanting to learn more), along with up close & personal interactions.
Of course there are a few uneducated, know it alls that pop up, but they are not the majority.
There are hundreds (probably more) that Iā€™ve met through MRH, that have bought shares into MRH horses while knowing little to nothing, yet they have asked questions, learned & grew as time went on & brought even more people into it all.
I donā€™t see how any of that could be anything but a good thing

2 Likes