Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

MRH steps up again….

11 Likes

MRH picked up these colts at the FT sale this week.
I’m hoping they’ll snag a few nice fillies at one of the other sales.

2 Likes

Yahoo! Had a teeny bit of a winner today at the Spa, first time starter Manhattan Twist. Two year old by Liam’s Map out of a Lemon Drop Kid mare.

5 Likes

MRH steps up again.
Welcome to retirement Iron Works. Can’t wait to follow his future adventures.

1 Like

This is great. I hope, as the number of failing MRH horses increases (as it bound to) that MRH will be able to sustain this policy.

3 Likes

Me, too! Exciting.

1 Like

Two events from yesterday, the highs to the lows.

Seismic Beauty won by many lengths at Delmar, fast time under absolutely no pressure. This one has taken patience getting her to the races, but she’s rolling now. Baffert said yesterday, “The sky’s the limit.”

And yesterday, Visceral, beautiful, talented boy, was put down after a couple of weeks of battle in the hospital. He developed an infection in a leg after a minor throat surgery, they think maybe his immune system stressed from the surgery and his throat issue, and it spread to all four despite aggressive treatment. Yesterday, it was getting worse, and he was in increasing pain even on meds and didn’t want to bear weight. RIP.

Horses will give you the whole spectrum of life experiences. Such fragile beings for their size.

8 Likes

I’m curious about this one.

Does anyone know what his initial shares cost in the first place? And what sort of return his microshare owners have gotten on his prize money so far?

And eventually will get on his breeding rights? If anything?

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

It was $127 per share.
To date, he’s returned a total of $540.15 per share.
Since MRH retained 10% of him once he’s transfer to Gainsway, shareholders will continue to receive payment for any profit MRH makes from his stallion career.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks.

He has to be just about the best possible case scenario, I would think. :slight_smile:

The new yearlings will be available on Tuesday.
They are up now on the app/website, so you can check out their deets, just can’t purchase yet.

Ruh roh. Lol.

Thanks!

Is it easier for a newbie to navigate on the website or the app?

Not that I’m planning to do anything with the information. Oh, no. Not at all.

I personally like the app better, however there is some extra content on the website.

Thanks!!

Follow up question.

Where does it say on the website if the colt’s shares include part of their potential earnings from breeding rights/stud fees?

They don’t really decide this until they see what the horse turns into. They’ve had special deals about, say, getting a bonus if the horse wins the Kentucky derby but this will be spelled out in the offering page. Most of the time they don’t keep any rights, it’s not their business model, and very few horses get lucrative offers like Authentic and Seize the Grey.

Thanks.

After Iron Works was claimed, he ran a few times. The last two times he was entered, he was a vet scratch at the gate. Here’s a still shot from him arriving at ReRun. Glad he’s going somewhere better than his last racing connections. A bit ribby…

1 Like

3 new offerings are now up on MRH.
Not This Time/Stylishly colt. Going to Baffert
Yaupon/Spanxamillion colt. Going to Assmussen
Munnings/Malibu Bonnie colt. Going to Lukas