Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

Phew.

So do they send out an update to all the owners after something like that happens?

1 Like

They do! And even if nothing happens thereā€™s always an update after the race. Sometimes itā€™s a video of trainer and jockey giving their thoughts on the way back to the barn.

1 Like

Cool!

MRH is having another auction for their ā€œretail with a purposeā€ program.
Thereā€™s some cool paintings done by a few of the MRH horses.

1 Like

Keeneland September sale.
MRH picked up this Constitution colt (hip 1100)

https://catalog.keeneland.com/catalog/hip/1100/?103#photos

And this Kicks Go filly (hip 1386) in partner with HorseOlogy (Jena Antonucciā€™s group).

https://catalog.keeneland.com/catalog/hip/1386/?103

How long does it usually take from the time they buy one at the sale until it becomes available to shareholders?

It depends if they are being offered as Reg A or Reg CF offerings.

Reg A offerings have to be approved through SEC before their shares can be sold. This can sometimes take a couple months or longer.
Moonlit Courage (Clair de Lune ā€˜22) was purchased at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale in May & wasnā€™t available until mid July.

Reg CF offerings, while still done through SEC, they work more as a crowdfunding/kickstarter & can be offered fairly quickly.
Reputation (Final Reward ā€˜22) was purchased at the May FasigTipton sale & was made available the beginning of June.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks.

Seize The Grey won the PA Derby is fine fashion.
BC Dirt Mile is the next planned targeted race.

8 Likes

Congratulations to all of his owners. Great race. Does anyone here have him in their stable? It must be a real thrill.

1 Like

I donā€™t have him, but a wonderful horse.
Love the horse. Hate the trainer.

4 Likes

He made it look easy!

1 Like

Yes, I have a few shares in him.

I think was more nervous/excited about this race than the Preakness. My hands were shaking & I was screaming my fool head off as they turned for home.
Simply because so much was hanging on the outcome.

4 Likes

How so? Related to the breeding rights?

Correct. There was a performance clause built in.

Congrats!! He ran a great race!!

1 Like

Dismal showing from Manhattan Twist in the Bertram.
Hereā€™s The Kicker finally broke her maiden today. Wining by over 10 lengths.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been most happy that theyā€™ve stuck with jockey Jamie Torres. He was still an apprentice when STG started racing. Apparently agents for a lot of other jockeys called after the Pat Day Mile, but Torres now has 3 GSWs, 2 G1s.

I think it will be amazing to look back at this jockey in 10 years and be able to think ā€œwow, I owned a teeny tiny bit of his first big horseā€.

3 Likes

I love this photo they posted on their Facebook page from the weekend. What a good horse to stand there with that gigantic crowd!

6 Likes

I have a share in her but was at a wedding so didnā€™t watch. Woke up to a wonderful surprise with her domineering win!

Also have a share in Incredible whoā€™s running later today in Indianapolis. :crossed_fingers:t3: