Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

I put my mare in a clean, safe stall, and walked away for 5 minutes. Returned to find that she had torn her lower eyelid, a vertical slit about an inch long. Vet came and stitched and it healed well.
Barn Manager and ran our bare hands over every inch of that stall, including feed tub, bucket, etc. Could not find anything she could have cut herself on.

@Where_sMyWhite
Sorry, my mistake. It was stated in an email I received from MRH.

Also, not sure if you know/are interested, but each horse offered through MRH has their own FB page. Available only to owners.

Has anyone bought into share through Commonwealth?

Found the email with that sentence :slight_smile: Did I notice that sentence, no ā€¦ blush

Interesting as others I bought into I got purse money from previous races.

However, the offering was available 4/30 and Going to Vegas has not raced since the offering was made so no past purse money to disburse.

Didnā€™t see anything in the webpage that said you had to buy before Monday to get the payouts, just the email.

In any case, I am all good, how about you @mommy_peanut ??

As for FB groups for each horseā€¦ Iā€™ll passā€¦ I donā€™t need that volume of FB info :slight_smile:

Yeah, I have no experience with how theyā€™ve done payouts for other horses, since Iā€™ve not purchased any shares from other horses currently racing.
Jumped on this bandwagon a little to late to get in on any of those already racing. LOL

Iā€™ve got (what I hope) a decent selection of 2 y/oā€™s in (typo, ā€œIā€™mā€ not training anything LOL) training & did purchase a couple shares for Going to Vegas.

Iā€™ve also got my eye on a couple that havenā€™t been offered just yet.

Commonwealth has a few nice looking horses, but Iā€™ve not found out as much about them, as I did with MRH. So I will probably hold off on any of those for now.

1 Like

Some excellent selections. I have probably more than I should but have a few 2YOs from KEESEP so I have gotten to see them progress through the training process. I bought in on one horse in racing which has been a bit of a ā€˜trialā€™. The second horse racing did very nicely. I donā€™t really count Monomoy Girl or Got Stormy as they are racing leases and, at least for me, got a share of Monomoy Girl just because of who she is and I do like Got Stormy.

I have a few from OBS 2YO in training who are going through the let down and restart process (putting this in my words).

I as well always like watching the new horses ā€˜smileā€™.

Mostly I buy only one or two shares; just enough to make the horse ā€˜mineā€™ but not a significant investment.

1 Like

I think the only reason they did it for Got Stormy and Monomoy Girl is because we had to wait so long for the SEC that they had raced after they were posted but were unavailable for lease.

Total guess though.

Just got an update on my one horse: out for 60 days. Oh well, thatā€™s horses.

Who is it?

Donā€™t know about Joanneā€™s but Canā€™t Hush This (who was KEESEP20 acquisition) took an off step yesterday coming down from the gallop to a jog. Both track vet and trainerā€™s vet could find anything on palpation after track vet did notice the colt appeared to be off on LF and followed the colt back to the barn for further examination.

Monday he will be going to Rood & Riddle for further diagnostics.

What I do like is that MRH appears to be doing what is needed for each horse in terms of training progression and also diagnostics if appropriate.

Yupā€¦ horses will be horses.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear this @Where_sMyWhite.

Unfortunately this is all very, very normal with race horses. And any horse, for that matter.

I knew when I bought shares in 3 2yoā€™s that it might be a little while before any of them enter the gate for a race. Iā€™m okay with that.
MRH does a fantastic job of explaining everything.

1 Like

Ari the Adventurer 19

2 Likes

For me it was a ā€˜shrugā€™. On one hand, frustrating for sure but on the other hand, theyā€™re horses. I figure with as many ( :flushed: ) in my stable, eventually one will step into the starting gate for a race for the first time. I did hedge my bets as it were as I do have a few that were racing (not counting Monomoy Girl and Got Stormy) when I got them.

I knew the KEESEP20 Future Stars would not all step in the gate on January 1 this year. It has been fun to see what happens ā€˜behind the scenesā€™ as it were and you guys have been great in helping to fill in the blanks as I sit here and bake in Phoenix :slight_smile:

The horses I acquired from the 2YO in training sales have also been interesting to learn that MRH and their partnerships immediately sent the horses off for 30-60 ā€˜let downā€™ after the sale and are now starting to re-condition them back up.

I refuse to divulge how many horses are in my stable. :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I absolutely LOVE this name. :grin:

By Not This Time out of Awe Hush :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OBS is having another sale on June 9, 10, 11. Two-year-olds and horses of racing age.

I wonder if My Race Horse will be there.

Do I need another horse? No.

FWIW, iā€™ll watch the sales results and see if Myracehorse is a buyer to starting ā€˜previewingā€™ what they get :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you want to own 3 hairs of the full sister to Search Results, winner of the Oaks at Belmont just now, Co Cola 19 by Flatter is still available at MRH :slight_smile:

Late editā€¦ MRH is on the ball today. Co Cola 19ā€™s description already includes the mention that heā€™s full to today Oaks winner :slight_smile:

Itā€™s never too many :joy::joy::joy:

At least my DH doesnā€™t know enough about horses, to know one from the other.
He just asks how my horses are doing & have I made it ā€œbigā€ yet :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like