Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

1stBet is now on my annoyed list. I didn’t know that my video would be limited. My state doesn’t allow wagering so I can’t watch the CD race I’ve waited all day to watch… :angry:

I went back and forth on whether to buy a share of of the Co Cola '19 colt, since he was a little more expensive than the other :coughfourcough: I’d bought, but after that performance by his full sister today, I’m really glad I did.

I’m looking forward to seeing how some of these young horses I’ve bought shares in turn out. They seem to do a good job with little video updates, so that’s been fun so far.

1 Like

Naming time! Bad part is having to narrow it down to my one allowed submission LOL.

2 Likes

It is fun! I’m not super creative so I just wait for the final vote :slight_smile:

1 Like

Were you able to find the race results?

Same here; all I can come up with so far are combos that I know everyone else will think of.

1 Like

For which horse?

This one.

Horses… sigh.

Can’t Hush This has been diagnosed with a condylar fracture. Dr Ruggles does not believe it is a career ending injury nor does it, at this time, require surgery. He’s going to a facility in Lexington for rehab. Full plan and prognosis will be developed and reviewed in the next 10-14 days and we (owners) will be updated.

At least this wasn’t a catastrophic breakdown during a race. Bummed his track career has been sidelines but very happy this injury was caught before it went nasty.

YouTube offers live feeds from some tracks. I stumbled upon Keeneland’s during the most recent meet. I also live in a state that doesn’t allow wagering - sucks that they block sites from people who only want to watch the horses!

1 Like

OK, I submitted my name suggestion for Ari the Adventurer 19, who just got 60 days off and is going to the Kentucky Equine Hospital for diagnostics.

The staff at the training farm said, “they are not satisfied with how Ari the Adventurer ’19 has been traveling when he is training”. Whatever that means. (?)

I guess if he never races, the naming contest becomes moot?

1 Like

I would guess only if the diagnostics find something conclusively career ending and I don’t know that I’d expect that.

Maybe time to buy another cr*p shoot… whoops, I mean horse :slight_smile: The Tapit colt is only $49 and a few others just over $50 :wink:

I have a few that are traveling at the 4f breeze or gallop (depending on trainer and horse), Hoping for one to race at Del Mar or Saratoga (depending on where the horse is).

1 Like

traveling = moving/feeling

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. I am glad they are taking the steps to evaluate his issues, and i am hoping for the best for him.

2 Likes

You are a terrible enabler, and I am fearful of going down the black hole of “just one more”!
No, no, no.
And anyway the Tapit colt was “bought” by a friend and we promised we would not “buy” each other’s horses. (So we can share and compete)
:grinning:

1 Like

Yes, I am an enabled… but consider you are spreading the risk around… Race Hunter 19 is only $52 and Miss Sakamoto is $54… yes, I am evil.

We are doing a whole COTH collective Race Hunter 19 thing @Maythehorsebewithme! Join the party!

He is out of a mare bred by @LaurieB so it’s pretty neat that we have all already followed some of his family.

2 Likes

I have resisted commenting on that colt so far, because, you know, horses. So I’ve been trying not to have an opinion. :wink:

But Not This Time is turning into a very interesting stallion and, as you might imagine, I love the female family. I bred the colt’s dam (sold her as a yearling), I also bred his 2nd dam (Shriek), and I owned his 3rd dam for 13 years until her death at age 20. We currently own Shriek’s 1/2 sister (All Aces) and we have Ace’s 2yo filly, Zing, in training at Churchill Downs. We will also be racing her current yearling and this year’s filly. Race Hunter is 1/2 sister to MGSW, 4xG1P Paid Up Subscriber whose first foal is a 2yo filly by Medaglia D’Oro named American Life, bred and owned by Peter Brant. So maybe there’s some potential there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All I gotta say is now who is the enabler :slight_smile:

And I agree, I think Not This Time is turning into an interesting stallion…

One of the things I like about MRH is they have a nice stable (collection?) of horses available at a range of share prices and often very nice pedigrees. Newer stallions (Not This Time, Frosted, Flatter, etc) as well as older, established stallions (Tapit, Into Mischief, Bernardini).

2 Likes

Thanks @LaurieB for weighing in!

I didn’t want to drag you into this too much in case you’d rather stay quiet, but also wanted to give credit where credit is due. You must be very proud! Such impressive horses.

2 Likes