Unlimited access >

Any advise for hand raising a single kitten…

The “cat expert” is full of baloney. Don’t give Clint up. He will be just fine with you. But, if you’re worried about it, adopt another kitten. Even better, also adopt a slightly older (1-2 years) cat that can teach the youngsters all the cat ropes. Then you will be well on your way to being the neighborhood crazy cat lady! (just kidding)

Seriously, though, don’t pay any attention to the “cat expert”. You’re hooked on Clint and the only way you can guarantee he’s well cared for is to keep him. I’ve had over a dozen cats over the years (not all at once) and I had never heard of single kitten syndrome. All of my cats were either strays or abandoned kittens. Two of them were single kittens, and they both turned out fine.

7 Likes

Thank you all so much. I have to say, I was a little taken back with the messages I was getting from this person. They made it sound like we were doing a bad thing by keeping Clint and not giving him to someone with more experience.

I explained we reached out to the two local organizations to see if they had a litter he could maybe be introduced to and I got no response at all from either, so we just kept him🤷‍♀️

I’m rather proud of how well he’s doing and we just love him to pieces.

13 Likes

To those Interwebz “Experts” I say Balderdash! :rage:
Clint (one moment, have to Squeeeee! at his cuteness) may never “know” :unamused: he’s a cat, but So-Effing-What!?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This Expert :roll_eyes: says you are doing an awesome job with your little catdogperson :sunglasses:

6 Likes

And baby Clint will grow up knowing this and will repay you a million times over. They know.

4 Likes

@BigG_sMom, here’s a little secret I think all of us on this cat thread already know–cats, and especially kittens, are highly addictive. And once you’re hooked you’re in for life; there’s no getting over it. Little Clint had you in his paws before you even knew what happened. You are now and forever a Cat Person (but you can still be a dog and horse person too).

9 Likes

Thank you all so much for the kind words and pep talk today. I was pretty down last night and this morning.

I came home from work and after his afternoon meal He just wanted to follow the dogs around the house and I got the most precious video of him with our old lady dog (she is the very best Mama)

He’s definitely staying with us!

13 Likes

That’s soooo cute that he’s getting big enough and mobile enough to follow Mama Nanny Dog.
He may grow up thinking he’s a dog or that the dog really IS his momma.

Funny true story: When a family cat had kittens she had a stroke immediately after she had given birth to 3 kittens. While I was tending to the momma, our female Collie dog came around and laid down right by the kitties. What happened after that is for the record books.
The kittens found the dog’s nipples and started suckling, a short time later we notice the dog actually had liquid coming from her nipples. She was spayed and had never given birth.
The shorty story is the dog continued to nurse and raise those kittens til they were weaned.

3 Likes

What everyone else said 1000x. He is going to be fine. He looks happy and bright and if he is toddling around after the dogs and showing an interest in things, then you are doing a great job. He looks soooooooo mistreated in that box with a zillion toys and sound asleep with his snuggle sock.

Your update makes me very happy.

4 Likes

We would love a picture of baby Clint to help get us ready to enjoy the weekend. :smile:

1 Like

No problem!! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

14 Likes

Ahhhh! So cute! Thank you!

1 Like

swoon…

1 Like

OMG, what a cutie! You’re doing great!

1 Like

OMG. that little face. Squeeee!

You are clearly doing everything right.

4 Likes

Clint the little Calendar Boy-

Do I detect some long-ish hair coming in?

2 Likes

Yes, I think maybe a little long haired-ness is in there. His guard hairs are super long and light colored. They hardly show up in a photo but they are LONG.
He’s just so cute I can’t stand it🐾

12 Likes

I don’t need a kitten.
I don’t need a kitten.
I don’t need a kitten…:crazy_face:

That face!!!

9 Likes

me neither
me neither
nope not me.

7 Likes

If not a calendar, please submit to Cat A Day. Who wouldn’t love him to bits?

I would buy a calendar.

2 Likes

I have sent all my cats to cat of the day. A couple of dogs too!