Anyone else sick of people trying to push their herbal remedies on them?

Oh yes I got that too. No one is allergic to "Natural " things! Oh yes there are as I am one of them. I am also on a low carb diet with no wheat products as I am also gluten sensitive. This "Natural Healing " is a religeon of it’s own. It is the ones that will not take no for an answer that get me. It gets old fast. I finally just tell them I am not interested and that is that. If I try to explain why, it gets into a big arguement where I am wrong and or mistaken.
I hate pushy people anyway and in this instance it is intolerable. If there were a "Magic Cure " then it would be sold on all the medical networks.
I sympathize with you .

I have had people tell me that I only have Fibromyalgia because I am emotionally holding onto something. And if I just let go of that bad energy I would be cured!
Or the ones who do tell you about this great thing that will cure all my woes and pains.
I do use some herbs but only after a lot of research, talking to others who had used it that I trusted, talking with my doctor, and doing a trial of a month or so. Then it makes it into my regular daily routine for good.

Sadly these people do not understand that these conditions are not curable and are just managed day to day.
Sure I use supplements, exercise, and diet to help keep myself in the best balance I can…along with some medications when things get bad enough.

I try to be nice when people offer me their “cures” but sometimes I have to get snarky. I mean I am the one living with multiple chronic conditions not them…and they need to respect that.

I am just glad I have this group on COTH to go to. I do not post often but it helps just to log on and read sometimes. It makes the hard times a bit more easy to handle.

[QUOTE=PalominoMorgan;5450453]
OPEN YOUR EYES, YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING. SO VERY VERY SAD."[/QUOTE]

:lol: Such language. I never read such language until the age of the internet, when people in forums were forced to curtail cursing and direct attacks, and as a result resorted to a passive-aggressive style. It’s actually a tribute to human ingenuity - and malevolence - that some of us manage to pack as much malice into a treacley sentence as is conveyed in a profanity-laden slur. The only thing missing from that email is a bit about how OP isn’t just ignorant and wilful, but also a hater who is helping perpetrate the evils of Big Pharma.

[QUOTE=hundredacres;6368804]
…ragweed, pollen, dust mites…shell fish…lol.[/QUOTE]

And poison ivy:eek:

Hey, don’t get me wrong - I appreciate it when something works, but just because it’s an herb, doesn’t mean it’s automatically better than a pharmaceutical.

Oh man. I know who sent that. That’s totally their MO.

I’m sorry, PM, but glad you reported her.

Hopefully she’s sitting with a glass of Nona juice reading a slap from the Mod on her behavior.

Probably more like sipping Essiac tea with magnets stuck all over her. :winkgrin:

As a person that has also suffered several injuries and now has a lovely issue called pseudo-tumor cerebri, as well as being a psychotherapist that helps others deal with pain mgmt issues, I fully and entirely agree! I cannot tolerate a lot of the opiate derivative drugs, but sometimes I HAVE to use them because the pain is unbearable!

I have found that acupuncture and deep-tissue massage can help, but they are not a cure. I also have a MAJOR issue with taking an unregulated herbal mixture than will do WHO KNOWS WHAT to me - and there is no formula mandates, so even if I brought the bottle in to the hospital, they would have no idea what the exact formula is. I have no issue with natural remedies, but you would be barking MAD to think I would use herbal remedies in lieu of tried and true western medicine!

When my husband was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, some nut-job PM’d me to tell me I was essentially killing my beloved by allowing him to receive chemo. He is alive today BECAUSE of chemo, you nitwit!:mad:

[QUOTE=Luseride;6335848]
My husband is fifty-four, Type I diabetic. Once he hit forty when we would give medical history about half the time it was assumed he had type II and I have actually had several nurses and one doctor make a comment about how he needed to watch his diet and exercise and it would be under control. When the doctor did that I about lost it!

He has surgery last month and they actually came out of the operating room to get his insulin, said it would take thirty minutes to get it from the pharmacy in the hospital. Finally, a thinking doctor and team.[/QUOTE]

Ghu, I feel your pain… Have had Type 1 for 37 years and NO herbs, diet, etc. will cure it. My. Body. Does. Not. Make. Insulin. DOES NOT. And there is no way to fix it. Some interesting transplant research is coming down the pike, but it’s not moving fast enough, so I don’t get my hopes up.

Yes, Type II has become so common that people – even medical personnel – forget about Type 1. I think Type 1 used to be about 1 in 10 diabetics, and now it’s about 1 in 20 or 25!

I’ve been adamant at every surgery that I NOT be disconnected from my insulin pump. As in “let me keep my pump or I’m going elsewhere.”