Unlimited access >

Anyone NOT showing in white breeches? (pictures wanted)

Despite the rule changes I have not seen anyone in colored breeches or saddle pads…hoping to try some new colors this year! Please share your dressage outfit pictures!

Technically yes, I show in beige breeches / navy coat. We are still required to show (in Aus) in white, beige, buff, or canary jods/breeches. Coat can be black, navy, grey, tweed.

2 Likes

22 Likes

I’m not planning to show but if I did would wear black or dark grey breeches with a black jacket

1 Like

Haven’t showed in years, but may be again soon. Always showed in navy coat, cream breeches, cream gloves, stock tie and saddle pad.

At my age, cream or some pastel is much more flattering than stark white.

3 Likes

I haven’t shown for four years, but used to show in beige breeches and a navy jacket. Even at Regional Finals.

And thinking about it, before that, when I was showing my B&W leopard Appy, pale grey breeches and accessories.

If I do get to show this year, it will be beige and navy again. But I do have navy boots now, too :slight_smile:estes 1 small

9 Likes

Grey and navy!

3 Likes

Several judges have been outspoken about not liking to see riders in dark breeches and that it makes it difficult to see rider position. So, I think partly for this reason I’ve only seen white, cream/tan, and lighter gray breeches. I have, however seen lots of colored saddle pads–mostly dark colors (grays, blacks, and navy) or jewel tones.

5 Likes

I’ve been showing in beige/tan breeches and a navy coat. I’ve received at least one compliment in the judge’s comments section on my tests this year stating elegant pair - is it the breeches? the coat? the horse? I dunno LOL

20230114_102411

12 Likes

I really want to do navy breeches with my lighter grey mesh short coat. I didn’t last year because I was riding a clients horse and didn’t want to risk it. Hoping to be “brave” this year and wear the look when showing my own personal horse.

1 Like

Navy breeches + navy coat = power suit

5 Likes

I’m an eventer so not exactly the same show vibes, but our rules have allowed this at lower levels and nobody was taking them up on it. So I did. I wore a light blue long sleeved shirt with Navy breeches and navy helmet. Thought it went well together and had some of the coaches ask me if … that was legal now? They were disappointed they didn’t know.

I don’t have a pic with the light blue shirt, but here’s one at a dressage schooling show that also I think looks put together.

9 Likes

I only have a video, but I’ve shown in dove grey breeches and a black 1/4 zip fitted shirt (schooling show). It was pissing rain, and I wasn’t interested in a wet-breeches contest, so grey it was! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have a dark bay mare…what you think if you saw pale pink breeches and pale pink saddle pad with traditional black jacket in the show ring?

25 Likes

That would be really pretty! I bought a Horseware jacket that is black with rose gold/pink rhinestones along the collar and matching buttons. It would look smashing with those breeches.

I’ve shown in light gray breeches in the past. Ironically, now I’m planning to stick to white, unless jackets are waived, then navy breeches and white shirt. I have navy patent boots and a helmet with a sparkly stripe, so feel like the rest of it should stay more conservative. I am getting some nubuck “anthracite” polo boots though, and could see showing in those and my plain helmet and adding color via breeches or shirt at a schooling show.

4 Likes

I must admit, that as a pink-skinned person, I wondered if those pretty pink breeches might make me look like I wasn’t wearing anything at all…

18 Likes

I’m planning on a very light blue and very light green breeches, both with navy blue full seat.
Add a navy jacket, navy belt, and navy mattes saddle pad. Black boots and helmet. Don’t have pictures yet, sorry. First show with this ensemble is in March.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:Years ago I made the mistake of buying a pair of navy breeches with a tan/beige full seat. They looked like what you’d imagine!

8 Likes

I’ve shown in light grey - nothing super fun but I’d love to see someone in navy or black!

I’ve done light grey and beige breeches, nothing that exciting. I wear colorful coats (lavender, light blue, dark Kelly green) so I don’t go too wild with the breeches. I’ve stuck to white saddle pads except for a show right before Christmas where I went with green. I did buy a rose gold colored pad that I might try this year, that would likely be with a black coat. I’ve seen a fair amount of colored saddle pads near me at schooling shows, lots of navy and black but some colorful as well.

1 Like