Unlimited access >

Anyone NOT showing in white breeches? (pictures wanted)

That’s precisely why I want to wear black lol. I’ve scribes for a couple of shows where riders worse black and dark grey and those judges, at least, didn’t comment.

1 Like

I would give you high fives in the warm up!!

I hardly ever wore white before, unless it was a recognized show–I always wore beige for schooling shows. So much easier to keep clean!

This last year, I’ve been doing light/medium grey, with a hunter green coat, and a Mattes pad that’s silver with green and black trim. My boots have very subtle green piping as well. Not the traditional black & white, but nothing too wild.

3 Likes

hmmm good point, may need to consider a baby blue or other pale color. No one wants to look “fleshy” - thanks

1 Like

I had grand plans for this outfit, but for two things… 1. LEAST sticky breeches EVER* and 2. Too much monotone.

I fixed the monotone issue when ES had the champagne pad on sale, but for my few shows after this one last year it was back to the sticky white because… Sticky.

'*There are days I don’t need sticky, but I promise you, the first show after the combined driving season is done is NOT that day! :rofl::rofl:

photo credit Meg McGuire

25 Likes

@DMK What bridle is that? It’s so pretty and looks like what I’m looking for my TB!

1 Like

This is my horse and me last summer. Black/brown is our thing. One judge did comment that my position was excellent and I didn’t “need” to wear dark breeches. I was like “I wear them because I’m fat, not to hide my position!” Lol

I am never going back! I have burgundy and black this year too. My horse is solid dark bay without a speck of white. I kind of like the monochrome aspect (with a little bling!). I sometimes use a white pad trimmed with black and brown.

16 Likes

I love that!!!

PS of Sweden Paladin. It also has a removable flash loop that I’m not using in this pic. A bit of a pain to take the loop on and off, but worth it not to have it there when a flash isn’t in use!

Also gratuitous head shot because he’s so damn cute (this was after aforementioned CDE pony has his second test at his first dressage show after the CDE season and said “I humored you and your silly snaffle for 1 test, now I’m gonna have fun”. At least I got a cute head shot out of it because it sure didn’t get a score to write home about!!

28 Likes

I love this! My horse is black and if I did show would copy your look exactly.

I’d love to see pics of this! Sounds nice.

I’ve posted before, but can’t remember which thread. The breeches look close to white in bright light, but these are the Grey Mist colored Romfhs. I have a pair of slightly darker grey Pikeurs I like the color of better, but they don’t have good pockets which drives me bonkers.

I ordered a slightly different pad for this year, with green trim and black piping, instead of the reverse that’s going on now, which will hopefully pop the green there a bit more.

17 Likes

Very nice!! Thanks for posting.

1 Like

I really like light grey breeches, but they’re hard to find.

30 Likes

I agree. Light grey breeches are really flattering.

3 Likes

@DMK What color pad is that? I love your entire look, especially the pad!

I applaud everyone’s bravery & fashion sense. I hope to step out of the black/white regime this year.

1 Like

Those colours look great, and I love your horse! :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Ps of Sweden mamba pad in coffee, it’s really pretty, has a sort of a tone on tone snake print

No pictures, but I got my broze and regional championships at third riding in beige breeches, a navy blue hunt coat and field boots - oh, with a black velvet pad. My friends used to joke that a picture of Elvis should have been painted on it. I upgraded my gear after that year. But…judges didn’t care. I technically fulfilled the rules and was neatly turned out.

3 Likes