Unlimited access >

Anyone NOT showing in white breeches? (pictures wanted)

I am on the never ending quest for more light grey, full seat breeches! Any and all recs will be very appreciated lol. I have a pair of full seat Piper knits that are sooo comfy…but they often look weirdly unflattering in photos/video.

1 Like

FITS The Dove Grey (in the photo below) is pale, while the Steel Duet is darker, but not real dark. The Steel Duet looks blue in the photo, but I have a pair and they are definitely grey.

3 Likes

So, another question… what color gloves are you all wearing? Still white or black or matched to helmet/boots?

1 Like

I won’t be much help as the ones I’m wearing in that picture are actually Pipers. LOL. I was looking for a pair that are a step up from the Pipers but I haven’t found any good options.

1 Like

Ooh, those Purple Haze breeches are very cute! Maybe not to show in, but…

2 Likes

Dark brown, partly because they match and partly because my driving gloves are my favorite. But as much as I like some color in my dressage outfit, I wouldn’t get too crazy with gloves. That’s for people who might not care if they draw extra attention to their hands!

1 Like

I think it depends on the rest of the outfit. Like gray gloves would look good with gray breeches, or navy with navy, or matched to your coat if it’s a darker color. I think white would look odd if breeches and jacket are both dark.

Eventer here (and a couple dressage shows a year) - I’ll be in navy coat (Pikeur Diana old-school which fits my long waist beautifully), white shirt, beige breeches, brown boots. Then gloves are either navy or chocolate brown to match my helmet (I have both colours). My tack is also brown.

3 Likes

I wore these SSG gloves the last time I showed.

Black horse, black helmet, medium brown jacket, white breeches, brown boots (day 1) and black boots (day 2). I got lots of compliments.

2 Likes

Nothing too exciting but I did end up liking these grey breeches and I do love a black pad.

16 Likes

I usually wear my dove grey FITS breeches when I show.

3 Likes

excuse the horrific posture, but my debut in grey and blue…next time going blue coat, grey breeches, grey pad…

7 Likes

While I was at the LRK3DE this year, I saw a great pair of SUPER light grey breeches at the Equinavia tent. I kept saying, I’ll go back and try them on, and well, you know how things go – I forgot! I went online and they don’t have them listed. I talked to customer service, and they didn’t have anything listed as Dove Grey (which was on the tag). I did see that they have a discontinued breech in that color – but not on the current website. Sigh.

Anyone know of any really light grey breeches? I bought a pair from SmartPak that looked nice and light – and they are s a lot darker in person. :frowning:

1 Like

Ok but, we need to see this get up!

2 Likes

Sorry, didn’t get any pictures. :frowning_face: The show photographer must have been “otherwise engaged.”

1 Like

Lovely!!

Too funny; I am also doing the grey/navy and grey/black combos on my bay (very similar to yours in coat color and undertone). I cannot stand white on him. Too stark for my taste.

I am doing a navy coat and pad, or a black coat and pad, with grey breeches and grey stock tie. Still contemplating glove color…

I love looking at the proofs from local shows by the photographers! I’ve seen some cool outfits - notably tan breeches with a brown shirt, gray breeches with a subtly patterned top and black vest, etc. When the rules first changed, I thought I’d want to wear black breeches, but seeing the pics, not a fan. I think brown, navy, and gray will be my staples, as well as the folks who can pull off the dark purple/burgundy or some of the neat teal that are almost like navy but a bit more color? I also appreciate old hunter breech colors - rust and the olive green! If you know of dressage show horse photographers’ websites, it’s a fun way to peruse for fashion inspiration!

1 Like

Ohhh no. I’ve been there, it happened to me last year too. It was my favorite photographer at one of my favorite venues, I was so sad when I didn’t see my name in the proofs. Now I know next time to make mention I’ll buy proofs if they photo… :joy:

2 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who does this!

1 Like

I love this. And if those breeches will make my arse look like that I’ll take 10!

1 Like