Unlimited access >

Are the Games being televised?

?

Station?

Time?

I’d love to be in Germany to watch, but watching on the TV is the next best thing.

.[URL=“http://www.horsetv.com/”]

./

I belive that NBC is going to have some synthesized coverage (probably an hour) on September 8th or 9th. It is such a shame that U.S. networks can’t be bothered to cover equestrian events.

of course directv does not offer htv so i am completey out of it…it sucks, i would love to watch…:frowning:

Oh, poop. I was hoping to catch some of it on TV.

in Canada…

…you can watch it on CBC Country Canada. They also have the 2 hour nightly show (at 7 pm and and again at 1 am eastern). You need digital cable to get this station. Those of you with satellite dishes in the US may be able to get this.

http://www.cbccountrycanada.ca/worldequestrian.html

I don’t know if you can catch it live anywhere…perhaps the German stations will have it? Possibly BBC too? It could be that the Games management provides a pre-packaged 2 hour broadcast for the various countries to pick up. It costs a lot of money to send a broadcast team to the actual site to do your own broadcast. The Commonwealth Games did this.

Arrrgghh… me too. :mad:

Does ANYONE get HorseTV??? Honestly, I did a search of every zip code I have ever lived in, major horse areas, friends’ zip codes – NADA.

I think they are teasing us – I don’t believe that Horse TV really exists!!!

re: US airing

A couple of years ago HorseTV was touting their anticipated internet video offerings [subscriber based] via HorseTV iChannel.

On April 26, [2004] HorseTV Media Group, LLC, parent company of HorseTV, launches its HorseTV iChannel, which will provide 24 hour a day subscription access to the HorseTV programming as a companion service to its current television distribution.

That offering doesn’t appear to have made it out of the gate :frowning: A pity as this would have been perfect content for that type of offering.

As for this channel’s availability, it would appear that outside of Oklahoma, Texas and Colorado you’ll be hard pressed to get this on your cable outlet :wink: It is disappointing - but not unexpected - that good programing such as this gets snatched in a big power grab by a tiny outfit like HorseTV.

If only people at the FEI and USEF knew a little bit about marketing and programing. I mean if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there, does it make a sound? Or rather if a showjumping event is aired on a sub-1.5 million cable channel does it mean anything?

I wonder if it would do any good to write to RFD-TV and tell them we would pay some kind of subscription fee if we could watch stuff like WEG…?I mean how hard/ let alone costly can it be for them to get secondary rights from one of the European stations?

Does anyone know of countries and TV stations that WILL have live real-time coverage?

Without going into detail, I’ll put it this way: if you know the country, the station, and the time, there is USUALLY a way. :wink: Not always, but most of the time.

I just ordered Country Canada to see WEG coverage. I believe they also cover other major equestian events that the main line channels do not. It costs $10/month including the digital terminal rental and admin fees (the actual channel is only $2.50/month).

PDF TV Schedule/Airing Times for GERMANY

From the above link, if you can somehow gain access to ZDF or WDR then you’ll be drinking it straight from the source :wink:

Thanks Glimmer. I haven’t found anything yet but if I do I’ll figure out a way to discreetly make that fact known. :wink:

Of course not! It def won’t be on ESPN or even ESPN2…there is probably a community college cheerleading competition they need to cover. :rolleyes:

I heard they had a special on GV horses yesterday…:slight_smile:

so I checked with DirecTV, and they are GOING to carry stations in Germany but do not do so now.
phooey.

and I checked with RFD-TV and they are looking into getting feeds for these big events, but Im pretty sure they are hoping to start with las vegas next year.
double phooey.

but at least it is a start.

well, thre is the interactive chat on the WEG site, and the webcam…which I never get to work ,but which might work for some of you with better speed .

WebCam Link at Aachen WEG 2006

It looks like the same tent shot today as it did yesterday. Without a person to be seen and with it being only 5 pm in Germany at the momement that makes no sense. Shouldn’t some further activity with preparation be going on? I know the games have not yet started but I suspect the webcam is not active yet either :wink: