Unlimited access >

are there any northwest people out there?

not to start a long involved thread full of inside jokes (i guess thats what the clique threads are because i certainly don’t understand them), but i was just wondering if theres anyone from the nw here, and what shows you do, where you ride, and stuff like that.

[This message was edited by Lisi on Mar. 31, 2001 at 11:57 PM.]

I am here. Born and raised in Seattle. Started riding at Central Park in the late 60’s.

Currently grounded but last rode at Evergreen until I switched to Dressage and rode with Debbie Fornia.

I work in Redmond and live in Federal Way so I get to do the lovely commute.

I am hoping to start riding again in the next year. Very likely something low key and Dressage centered. Flat Schooling h/j etc. I have worked extensively in the Dressage shows in the region and last year was secretarty at Fox Ridge for the national and CDI-W shows.

I firmly believe I was born to ride in the rain. I even got home one day and found that my wool sweater had shrunk as it dried on me. Thank God for hogsfuel footing.

I am off now for a walk at Bridle Trails.

Lisi-I might. I don’t know yet. I’ll be back home by then and it’s a ways to Langley but I do want to go and have a chance to visit all my friends. And if this guy buys Draco it would be a good excuse to haul him down there for him, ride in the show and then sell Draco to him. I’ll see…

Are you going? I love Thunderbird, it’s so beautiful and the people are fantastic. I’ve gotten a few lessons from Laura and she’s great.

PNW thread.

Fun reading it again.

We no longer have Poncho .

And Elliot is at a great stable that is sooo much like the olde EEC that I loved so much in my youth

[This message was edited by Bumpkin on Dec. 08, 2001 at 10:23 PM.]

Hoopoe I am certain we use to ride together!!!
“Evergreen, where the Horses are Forever Green” haha is my alma mater.
I wish I could find another stable I loved as much as I did EEC!!!

I’d just like to rant for a moment about what a miserable Monday morning it is here. The whole mixed-snow-and-rain thing made for an unpleasant wait for my bus, which was 20 minutes late. Between that and daylight savings time, and the fact that I spilled my mocha, it’s been a rough morning.

Thanks for letting me have a “Seattle” vent.

Me too! I’m eventing at preliminary this year and go to most of the Area VII ht’s. I envy all of you in Washington. There are so many more fantastic trainers than here in Oregon. Glad to see there are some fellow NW bb’ers.

AH “101 ways to get milk stains out of cloth.”

As far as weather is concerned; wait 5 minutes

[This message was edited by hoopoe on Apr. 02, 2001 at 04:12 PM.]

not to start a long involved thread full of inside jokes (i guess thats what the clique threads are because i certainly don’t understand them), but i was just wondering if theres anyone from the nw here, and what shows you do, where you ride, and stuff like that.

[This message was edited by Lisi on Mar. 31, 2001 at 11:57 PM.]

I’m from the NW, and have to agree with Cap-- it’d be nice to immigrate to Washington! Not that good old Oregon isn’t nice but our choices of event trainers are rather limited, you might say.

Anyway, I have a nine year old TB gelding named Tequila Sunrise who will hopefully be doing some HTs this year (if we can keep him sound anyway…he’s had this horrible not-quite-sound-but-slightly-off deal going on for several weeks now and it’s driving us all nuts.)

BTW, Cap, did you hear Sandy may be coming back for another clinic? I don’t think they’ve set a date yet but it’s been under discussion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Lisi: Lucky you, getting to ride with Bob Brawley. I’d ride with him in a minute if I could figure out how to make the 5 hour commute from Seattle each weekend! He’s fantastic!

mr. b took all the stirrups off all the saddles on sunday (april fools day). usually no one rides on sunday but michel vallaincourt gave a fri-sat-sun clinic. so we put plastic wrap in his sandwich and he ate it too. (jen and becky had a better joke planned but jen’s kid got sick and she couldn’t come out to the barn in time). michel also got a couple calls, one asking about his visa and one asking if he was illegally exporting maple syrup [he is canadian or something]. (there were some pretty dumb jokes played = you can tell we all have no imagination)

Me. I haven’t shown in a long time, and am now going to be doing eventing and dressage. I am North of Seattle, South of BC.

There are several others too, both from the states and Canada…maybe they can be enticed to post…lol

Well there’s me, but I’m only living in Vancouver this year. I LOVE it though and will probably move to Langley (where I keep my horse) after school. Langley is called the horse capital of B.C. and it’s so true.

I’ll be showing at Thunderbird, Milner Downs and some other local places this year. Just finished showing at the ‘Thunderbird schooling series’ show yesterday, in fact

I used to event down in the states, I just love the Herron Park events in Kalispell. I’ve been to Deep Creek twice as well (in Spokane)

I am originally from Oregon, Eugene and Portland areas. I “escaped” in 1985 when the economy was so pitiful. I can’t believe that as a Native Oregonian I could say, “I can’t imagine living in all that wetness”.

Lisi, I cliniced with “Mrs. B” way back when. And I actually had the good fortune of running into her with Bob and Debbie at Indio during Week 5 this year. I now live about 2 hrs from Indio in Yuma, AZ.

As my friend and I were walking past the Eq ring I thought I recognized Bob and Judy by the back gate. I stopped and we had the nicest visit. Then Debbie came up. I had not seen them since I left Oregon, but it seemed like just yesterdday to me.

You are with a spectacular bunch of horsemen. I’m giggling that you refer to Bob as “Mr. B”. That was one of the things that impressed me, was Judy’s insistance that her juniors were respectful of their elders. It was either “Mrs. B” or Mrs. Brawley. Nothing less. I see the tradition is continuing.

I rode in Eugene at Triple Rise where I did hunters very locally with Vicki Zacharias and Donna Kinney. I also rode dressage with clinics with Charles deKunnfy. My best friend there, June Horkey, teaches dressage in Eugene.

I even remember when Mike Galloway was just a youngster and rode a little horse named Pepi. He would probably kill me for mentioning it. I see he is doing horse show promotions and course designing. I didn’t get to catch up with them in Tucson this year.

By the by dublin, I bet the reason you didn’t remember Vicki Zacharias when we spoke before was that…duh…when she was a junior at Sunwood and LO Hunt she would have been Vicki Fisk. Does that help? She had a big chestnut TB named Benny.

Anyway enough rambling, I do miss the NW and hope you all will hug a fir tree for me.

oregon. i do dressage, hunters, and a little eventing. im doing horse masters(eventing) this summer, right now im doing ODS dressage schooling shows(theres a series), havent done any hunters yet…
i ride @ Stewart Stables…under Jackie Browning. not much going on in my area…its boring out here.

Megan: Oooh, I’d love to ride with Sandy again! So did everything resolve between him and your trainer (trying not to name names here)? I hope Tequilla gets better. It’d be good to see you guys around this year.

oh, and whoever was insisting that oregon is way below washington in competition now: you do have a point, but i don’t think theres a very definite difference between great horses and great riders in OR and WA. first of all, most of the top equitation riders are from oregon. secondly, there are a lot of new people and new horses in OR this year, so maybe you’ll have more competition in the next few years bring it on, baby! (just kidding - you WA ppl would kick OR ass at the moment, but just you wait!..)

hey at the OHJA meeting this year Shelly Campf gave an um, inspirational speech about how the WCHR has less OR members every year because the commitee picks mostly WA shows (the ones with the best parties, not with the best footing or facilities or most entries<-- her words) so less OR people join, then there’s less OR members= people on the commitee, so theres more WA shows, etc.

ok, shutting up now

Oh.oh Justme2 I forgot to list you as one of my BB friends!!! I will have to go and retype that.

Lisi you don’t say where you ride or where you live in the NW.

bumpy dear,
i live in salem oregon and i ride at brawley farms. i have a pre-greenish horse who my trainer is riding while my broken shoulder heals. tosca will you be at the thunderbird august show?

you ride @ brawleys?? niiiice. i have a friend who rides there, has been there for her whole riding time(since she was 6, i believe…now 14). Whats your horse’s name? and i heard about mr b taking everyone stirrups…my friend was jumping a pony w/ mrs b, she was offering to let my friend use her stirrups…quite interesting, i must say…brawleys are awesome tho. i also just today, heard about the visa incident…brawleys really know how to throw parties, play jokes, put on shows, and ride. if i had the money id be out there in a second…but with board like it is out there(but it includes ALOT of stuff…), i know its worth it but i just dont have it. I know Cody(aka “Copper Time”)'s owner…and Clara.(i forgot her new horse’s name). ive been out there, but not for a real long time(long enough that i havent seen Cody yet, and she bought him a while ago). btw- im in Salem too…i ride @ stewart stables out in West salem, under jackie browning. UGH im sick of dressage!!! i want to JUMP JUMP JUMP!! oh no, not after our little cross-country gallop, chasing a runaway witch horse who bucked her rider…to go visit the 3 yo stud that was in a paddock outside. heehee my OTT TB/turned eventer, ie MR SPEED, knew exactly what he was doing, and the OTT part of him told him exactly how fast he should go, and still listened to me enough to do a reasonably nice stop in maybe 10 or 15 yards, so i could jump off and lead the 2 back through the HUGE field…Yes, its a very exciting place, ESPECIALLY when we are prepping for a show…but THAT story comes later…in a new thread.