Arthritic Riders - What helps you?

^^ Interesting, Simkie! An ortho that I used to work with (and who I went to for a consult on my shoulder) recommended Zyflamend and he is not that much of a supplements advocate. He said it “actually works”. O.K., so when I run out of turmeric next, I’m buying Zyflamend instead.

1 Like

Voltaren and naproxen just for general pain - I also take tramadol when riding at events more than 2 days long

My lower back and SI joints can get fairly stiff and I find this stuff works pretty good:

http://www.thera-gesic.com/

Although the amounts of the active ingredients is less than other similar products, I’m guessing it’s in the formulation because I much prefer this stuff to others and get immediate relief.

1 Like

My pain is in the same area as yours. I’m going to try this stuff!

I have had really great luck with the Back on Track products. I have crappy RA pain that migrates around, mostly in my knees, hips, and hands. BoT products are usually the difference between being really uncomfortable and being able to sit in the car/ movies/ etc. Always impressed when I’m having a bad knee day and slip the brace on.

I recently ordered a pair of ThinLine reins which I haven’t ridden w yet but are SO soft and squishy yet substantial and not elastic. I’m really excited to try them out.

I’m really curious about the cannabis creams, I’ve tried most other arthritis creams under the sun, and also use cannabis the old fashioned way to alleviate RA discomfort.

1 Like

I love Thinline reins (and I love that they can be ordered in 60"), but the material is not as durable as the pads. You will get cracking before too long. They are still a really nice rein for schooling and are soft but don’t get slippery.

I have osteo (tested neg 3 times for RA but drs say I present like RA) Will need hip & knee replacement in the near future. I take Diclofenac once daily (instead of the two I’m prescribed). I also take turmeric capsules & a joint supplement. Without diclofenac I am pretty much crippled. I don’t take any over the counter meds, but on a really bad day I use an icy hot patch. Works for me. Good luck to you.

careful with the Turmeric, it is a blood thinner which can be dangerous if you get hurt.

Using Turmeric in food is fine but the supplements are much stronger and can be dangerous blood thinner.

This is interesting, CFFarm how many milligrams of turmeric do you take?

Andrew Weil recommends 400 mg per day

That’s interesting about the Tumeric. I’ve noticed a huge difference with the osteoarthritis in my feet since starting Tumeric capsules.

I’m also on something called Wobrnzym. Apparently, it’s very popular in Europe and has great anti-inflammatory properties. My pharmacist brings it in. I don’t know if it is available at the drugstore.

My pharmacist was saying that he feels most people have problems with gluten, not because of the gluten, but because of the RoundUp that is sprayed on the wheat.